SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="27th July 2013, in, wpd659, Soldado, rumour, 7, itk"]
I got some info from biatch.

Well i heard that our figure up front is just over the €14mill mark and then paying an extra€15.5million (or just above) in a mixture of payments. It takes us just below the €30 mill mark

We have agreed this between the two clubs as this works for both of us.

They like this so they dont have to lose face they can round it upto €30million in quotes if asked. Its all about them not losing face.

We like it because we are not having to pay all at once and we arnt paying the buyout. We have got a good payment structure with some addons.

I heard the hold up is us getting the big lump sum sorted and moved around i was told we didnt get it sorted till yesterday! I am told we still need some things sorted but it is DONE.

Thanks for your patience :) wanted to make sure this was worded correct.
[/itk]

Last edited:
[itk="27th July 2013, in, The Journalist, Soldado, rumour, 7, itk"]
i have been sceptical about tottenhams interest in Soldado but i've been told in the last hour that fee has now been agreed with Valencia for the striker. there is genuine interest in the madrid left back but he has lots of offers and tottenham are reluctant to deal with madrid for obvious reasons. tottenham are definitly after a left back. Luke Shaw was mention by the powers above but AVB has muted the idea. and i would not expect the spending to stop there.
[/itk]

[itk="27th July 2013, in, Wishkah, money, rumour, 7, itk"]
the aggregation of monies for a 'proof of funds' is ready in anticipation off a Spanish withdrawal, with everything in place for go-live.

The allocation of resources for a large payment (with relevant guarantees) was in place prior to the weekend.

wpd - if you see this send me a PM, just wondering if what i know matches, you're usually a step ahead of me on this stuff.
[/itk]

[itk="30th July 2013, in, LooksLikeModric, Soldado, rumour, 7, itk"]There is seemingly a medical set for today around 2-3pm now this does not necessarily mean soldado it could be for the visibly unfit dembele.[/itk]

There is talk elsewhere of a medical booked for 7pm tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Catch-up time:

[itk="30th July 2013, out, Atlanta Yid, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]I was informed today that DL is a little (mild understatement) angry at Bales agent He is now under the impression that a world record bid will be made.As of now know formal bid has been made but it doesn't look good for the yid armyThe Spurs head brass thought and were lead to believe that Gareth would stay one more year I have until today thought that he would sign the new deal offered and stay one more year but my optimism has run out Same old Spurs my love and frustration runs deeper than relationship I have
[/itk]

[itk="30th July 2013, out, Ali Z, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]OK this is not a a done deal. Far from it.

Madrid have made no offer.I repeat no offer.

Just cheap tactics to rattle us and Bale and they will not offer a world record fee. Time to hold our nerve
[/itk]

[itk="30th July 2013, in, Grey Fox, Soldado, rumour, 7, itk"]
This is my 1,000 th post so it might be a bit longer than normal, just to make it special like!
I have been away for a few days at a family wedding and up to now have been catching up on the deluge of stuff on here. On Friday evening I heard that everything was agreed with Soldado, just waiting for Madrid to sort their replacement out before announcement. Knowing I wouldn't get on here for a few days I asked that it be posted on Saturday morning so I didn't have to answer a load of questions. I have heard nothing to change that information so still think Soldado will be announced in next couple of days. I have £50 riding on it for SC coffers if he doesn't so I am putting my money where my mouth is, so just be patient. My source is not always great with timings or finances, but gets most of the other stuff right.
As for Bale I will eat my own bollocks if he goes this season (Not even putting A&C's on the line here, not enough seasoning in the world to make that palatable). The reason behind that is our purchases this year have been told he is staying and we want to push on as real title challengers. There is also the issue of the various commercial stuff, e.g. BT, Times Square etc, Bale and his agent would have to pay compensation and costs if that all had to be changed, a lot of dosh. As pointed out in here Madrid don't have the money to pay what Levy would ask for, and we are in the driving seat as regards to his contract.
Baldini is still working his nuts off for other signings although these are mainly young talent, but still expect another "A" class signing before the end of the TW.
[/itk]

[itk="30th July 2013, out, wpd659, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]
Spoke to biatch today been told bale does not want to leave. Will stay another year. He has made promise to AVB.

Also heard there is meant to be a medial for Thursday. But was not told who for. My guess would be Soldado
[/itk]

Rep-edit: A "medial", you say....? do tell more....

[itk="30th July 2013, out, Atlanta Yid, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]
Sorry to tell you but the situation is even worse than we thought
We have now had an official bid of 90 million plus a player (un-named) at the moment
DL said he wants 100 plus the player.
Even Bales family is getting involved they want him to go for the money
on the good news Saldado is on his way
[/itk]

[itk="30th July 2013, out, HertYid, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]
90m + FC apparently. DL has said no, but I am not sure how long he can hold out when faced with an offer like that.
[/itk]

Rep-edit: FC = Fábio Coentrão

[itk="30th July 2013, out, Yidio, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]
Nothing that has happened this summer has been new or unexpected. We knew Real would make an offer. We knew they'd use every trick in the book to try and force a move. Has Bale's head turned? Who's wouldn't. Doesn't mean he no longer maintains any of the feelings towards the club and manager that he's stated in recent interviews. He will be fine.
DL (who is in Miami on a family holiday and has not mentioned coming home early) has the power to say yes or no, the press/Perez/Zidane/RM players all have absolutely no control over this. I'm repeatedly told it will be a no, regardless of what's put on the table. Just as with Modric in 2011, he isn't for sale.
Stick to your word DL, for the love of all things Spurs, stick to your word.
[/itk]

[itk="31st July 2013, in, POTL, Soldado, rumour, 6, itk"]
Great work Franco, congrats.
POTL
[/itk]

Rep-edit: Riiiiiiiight. What have we said about not being all 'first-name terms'?

[itk="31st July 2013, in, Rebrab, New CB, rumour, 6, itk"]
new centre back nothing to do with Caulker.
Eventual plan under AVB is to have a minimised squad with each player fulfilling multiple positions. Will take some time to achieve though. Thankfully Andre is planning for the future as it is our and his intention for him to stay at the club for some time.
As for all the other transfer stuff, don't believe that he doesn't know what's going on. Andre knew deal s were happening.
[/itk]

[itk="31st July 2013, out, Roger Morgan, Bale and Suarez, rumour, 6, itk"]
No written offer but a 'verbal indication of intentions'. Look on it as a basis for negotiations. Start thinking about how you feel about Suarez.
[/itk]

[itk="31st July 2013, in, Jjetset, Ins and an Out, rumour, 6, itk"]
3 incoming top quality players
Unfortunately 1 special going out but you knew that right?
[/itk]

[itk="31st July 2013, out, Sir Bill, Caulker, rumour, 6, itk"]
Just met Walker, Lloris and Defoe.
Defoe's a top top bloke. Said Caulker has gone and that he's massively shocked
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom