Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pics or it didn't happen.
I was in my seat early so one of the few that saw her turn up with a little black dress on looking like she should have been at a high end cocktail party rather than a match.
Sat behind me so out of sight at that point. Saw the fella run off halfway through the first half, from then on she was wearing a navy blue Kane 10 t-shirt. I didn't leave my seat at HT, but apparently she drew a LOT of attention at HT in the concession area. Think the fella started gettig quite paranoid/protective which was hilarious. Like mate, if you're not happy with blokes looking at your mrs, why take her to a place where 60k of them reside

Giants Netball Facepalm GIF by GIANTS

I was in my seat early so one of the few that saw her turn up with a little black dress on looking like she should have been at a high end cocktail party rather than a match.
Sat behind me so out of sight at that point. Saw the fella run off halfway through the first half, from then on she was wearing a navy blue Kane 10 t-shirt. I didn't leave my seat at HT, but apparently she drew a LOT of attention at HT in the concession area. Think the fella started gettig quite paranoid/protective which was hilarious. Like mate, if you're not happy with blokes looking at your mrs, why take her to a place where 60k of them reside

Lool I saw them come into no8 and the guy was pranging cos a few people were having a look at her haha, the guy was in a suit wasn’t he

Block 530, you say? What row?

My friend wants to know.

Being able to play through a poor first half and come away with a win is an obvious strength.

When you look at some of the top sides that won plenty of trophies they had a number of poor games where they still came out on top.
Maybe so but had we been playing a better team and there are plenty in this competition, we'd probably have been 2 down at half time. We can't keep playing like this. It's only a matter of time before a good team will take advantage of our usual 1st half shambles. Our mf is still a shambles.
Players like PEH, Davies, Dier, Sessegnon are simply not elite level and to win the important competitions, excellence is needed all over the pitch. I'm a die hard supporter of 60 years and I learned being an ostrich doesn't achieve anything. We still have improvements we must make and that starts with being awake in the 1st half of the game....!

amateur

Lool I saw them come into no8 and the guy was pranging cos a few people were having a look at her haha, the guy was in a suit wasn’t he

That's the one. He looked well proud of himself at first but I think as the game wore on he looked more and more like he couldn't wait to get her out of there. (To be fair, there could be another reason for that)

Block 530, you say? What row?

My friend wants to know.

Behind me in row 9. Never seen either him or her in my 3 years so unlikely to see them again.

That's the one. He looked well proud of himself at first but I think as the game wore on he looked more and more like he couldn't wait to get her out of there. (To be fair, there could be another reason for that)

Behind me in row 9. Never seen either him or her in my 3 years so unlikely to see them again.
He looked like a chubby Lee Evans

Late to the party. What a shocking game, but good result in the end. Nice lightship before the game. Those cunts fell over at the slightest touch and I still don't know what Dier was booked for. Apparently you can jump into an opponent and get them penalised now. One of the worst referees I've ever seen. Still job done. Outside of the goals - the second in off the post was glorious - a highlight was what looked like fucking Alexi Sayle sprinting onto pitch because Pau Lopez hurt his eyelashes.

Fucking cunts. Still, get a result at Sporting and I think this group might be wrapped up by the Frankfurt games.

I got on the tube at Tottenham Hale last night having left on about 88 minutes (which saved me a 45 minute wait at Victoria)
I had my earphones in, but still heard one Spurs fan get on and start raging about the performance.
Some of you are never fucking happy.

Unbeaten all season. Barely looked like ever getting beaten all season.
We started the 2nd half like a house on fire last night. If the guy didn't get a red, Son would have scored early anyway. We are not a brilliant passing team and haven't been for years.
Anyone who thinks Marsielle "outplayed" us though must have missed what was actually happening. They were time wasting within 10 minutes of the kick off. Every touch, every time, one of them was on the floor and EVERY time the ref blew. That's why it was a shit game. BBC shows a total of 25 fouls in a 90 minute game. 16 against us.
For our game against Fulham there was 15 in total. You can't play good football when the whistle blows on average every 3.6 minutes. Throw in the length of time they were down and the fact the ref wasn't adding it on, it was probably more like under 3 minutes per foul.

You can't blame Conte or the players for them cheating and the ref buying it throughout.
Can you imagine the state of a few people on here when we actually lose a game .Have to give the forum a rest for a couple of days to let it subside

The narrative around this game I simply don’t get as was the melting.

First off, we’ve seen us play in Europe numerous times and dominate the ball but fail to get behind the oppo, and end up with a draw or even a lose. we’ve been criticized heavily for it too. But last night Marseille did this and were utterly toothless the ONLY thing they did was have a shot on 45mins from all of 40yrds out that was an easy save for Hugo. And yet it was Marseille that were “praised” and “should be ahead”!!!! WTF!!

We’ve lost just once in our last EIGHTEEN games (1-0 to Brighton), with only a couple of really great performances in this run.

This is how we play.

Has no one been watching us the past 8 months? We very, very, very rarely let the oppo get into good situations to score from and most teams deny us the space for us to counter quickly anymore.

The negativity surrounding us was off the fucking charts, it’s not aesthetically pleasing but it’s hard to see any team (probably with the exception of our next opponent but look what we’ve done to them recently) open us up, I feel no stress watching us because we defend so, so well.

How we are playing isn’t lucky, we’ve got control where we need it and we’ve got the firepower that’s seen us win the 3rd most games of any team this year. How we play is repeated game after game, this is us, this is how we play.
It is a funny thing that now I am saving lots of money on underpants cos I no longer shit myself every time the ball goes into our box. The problem is not with how we play but how we execute that. Too many times against Marseille our front 3 gave the ball straight back to the opposition trying to play too much1 touch football and lacking the skills to do so. Just a small bollocking will cure all our problems, if we don't get that before sat then city will murder us. Still what do I know, the wife tells me to get a life and take up knitting. Now 1 pearl 1 plain, this is exciting.
COYS

Late to the party. What a shocking game, but good result in the end. Nice lightship before the game. Those cunts fell over at the slightest touch and I still don't know what Dier was booked for. Apparently you can jump into an opponent and get them penalised now. One of the worst referees I've ever seen. Still job done. Outside of the goals - the second in off the post was glorious - a highlight was what looked like fucking Alexi Sayle sprinting onto pitch because Pau Lopez hurt his eyelashes.

Fucking cunts. Still, get a result at Sporting and I think this group might be wrapped up by the Frankfurt games.
You really need to link the diving and free kick count to the performance. It suited them more than us

Alexei Sayle!

😂😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom