Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You really need to link the diving and free kick count to the performance. It suited them more than us
Oh I know, there was no flow. Even when we had a man up, they were disrupting the flow. How Lopez wasn't sent off for a second yellow for the time wasting I'll never know. Funny how their urgency upped after conceding. Also fuck those away fans.

the way our front 3 kept doing those flips/back kicks trying to knock the ball around players (but failing and losing the ball) in the first half, reminded me of Dele when he came back from WC2018 and had lost his way

the way our front 3 kept doing those flips/back kicks trying to knock the ball around players (but failing and losing the ball) in the first half, reminded me of Dele when he came back from WC2018 and had lost his way
This annoyed me fairly quickly, too. It was clearly a definite tactic.

IMO, it was a result of us being tightly marked and having few options. A flick is hard to execute but can work in these situations.

Richarlison actually had a few productive ones but Kane couldn’t hold onto the ball.

This annoyed me fairly quickly, too. It was clearly a definite tactic.
To be fair when you're receiving the ball with back to goal and a centre back gunning for you at full pelt you either shield it for your life and bait a foul or you try and knock it around the corner for somebody to run on to with a flick. Just because they weren't connecting doesn't mean it wasn't the right tactic, they were there for the taking with the ball around the corner every time if we actually got it right.

Hard to hear it from the west stand. Don't usually sit there and don't think I will ever again. Should name it the prawn sandwich stand. Maybe it's just where I was sat but the whole ground seemed very flat, not always much noise and away fans were louder
That was the flattest I’ve witnessed the crowd since attending the new place… which isn’t so much admittedly but it was a poor effort

Delighted we won and made up for Richi but the crowd and how we played was very average

To be fair when you're receiving the ball with back to goal and a centre back gunning for you at full pelt you either shield it for your life and bait a foul or you try and knock it around the corner for somebody to run on to with a flick. Just because they weren't connecting doesn't mean it wasn't the right tactic, they were there for the taking with the ball around the corner every time if we actually got it right.
Oh I agree. I got annoyed cos it wasn’t working.

Late to the party. What a shocking game, but good result in the end. Nice lightship before the game. Those cunts fell over at the slightest touch and I still don't know what Dier was booked for. Apparently you can jump into an opponent and get them penalised now. One of the worst referees I've ever seen. Still job done. Outside of the goals - the second in off the post was glorious - a highlight was what looked like fucking Alexi Sayle sprinting onto pitch because Pau Lopez hurt his eyelashes.

Fucking cunts. Still, get a result at Sporting and I think this group might be wrapped up by the Frankfurt games.
It was almost as if the ref had to send off their player … then spent the next half hour apologising for it

Like you … the dier booking remains a complete mystery to me

If it's true that Barton's middle finger was meant for the Spurs fans....I hope Spurs meet Bristol Rovers in one of the cups

JOEY BARTON flashed his middle finger at Tottenham fans after taking a seat in the Marseille away end for Wednesday's Champions League clash.

The Bristol Rovers boss met up with supporters of the French club in a pub before the game.

Joey Barton gave Tottenham fans the middle finger as he cheered on Marseille

Joey Barton gave Tottenham fans the middle finger as he cheered on Marseille
Credit: Getty

Back
Top Bottom