Spurs vs Marseille - 8pm Weds 7th September, at the Nearly full Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ade left the price ticket on his jeans. Looking to do a cheeky refund?

:

3dhIe7d.png
I'm in in in be in
I actually see that a lot now. No idea what the story is with it
None., and Like the rest of his gear ... Just bad taste.

From my seat in the Paxton upper it looked like the Marseille fans were launching themselves at the stewards at the end. I know crowd control is our problem as the hosts but when thousands of thugs are determined to have a scrap with the stewards and police I don't know what more Spurs can do about it.

It was their fans causing serious trouble and it should be them who get punished. Absolute disgrace of a support.

From what I saw, (albeit from the South/East corner) there was a surge from the middle of the Marseille fans that you could clearly see had broken the segregation (netting?) gap between the home/away fans...
Once that was done, the cordon of stewards we're pretty helpless to do much else about it, other than get the police involved...
Surely, we all saw how they all marched towards the stadium... Maybe, on this occasion, a cordon of POLICE, not just stewards we're needed DURING the game... not just when it - inevitably - kicked off!!

FWIW... the Spurs fan getting unceremoniously tangled up in the netting trying to get to the Marseille fans (or was he just picking up a stray watch?) was mildly amusing!

I got on the tube at Tottenham Hale last night having left on about 88 minutes (which saved me a 45 minute wait at Victoria)
I had my earphones in, but still heard one Spurs fan get on and start raging about the performance.
Some of you are never fucking happy.

Unbeaten all season. Barely looked like ever getting beaten all season.
We started the 2nd half like a house on fire last night. If the guy didn't get a red, Son would have scored early anyway. We are not a brilliant passing team and haven't been for years.
Anyone who thinks Marsielle "outplayed" us though must have missed what was actually happening. They were time wasting within 10 minutes of the kick off. Every touch, every time, one of them was on the floor and EVERY time the ref blew. That's why it was a shit game. BBC shows a total of 25 fouls in a 90 minute game. 16 against us.
For our game against Fulham there was 15 in total. You can't play good football when the whistle blows on average every 3.6 minutes. Throw in the length of time they were down and the fact the ref wasn't adding it on, it was probably more like under 3 minutes per foul.

You can't blame Conte or the players for them cheating and the ref buying it throughout.

Kane looking like he’s showed up for first day of school… Adebayor looks like an African general from a Michael Bay movie.. and then that bald guy… every time I see him on the touch line, I think he’s Brad friedel

Also, big Lorente in the corner ready to shoot a head and shoulders advert at a moments notice. :ledleylick:

We stank, overall.

But have a - no doubt irratating af to our many enemies - habit of doing that and winning.
EXACTLY!

Liverpool stank too...
...but I know what result i'd rather!

...at least Conte didn't have to issue a grovelling 'Klopp-esque' apology to the self-entitled fans for playing shit and WINNING!

Winning when playing badly is better than losing whilst playing badly...

at least we have room for improvement, performance-wise... the results are still coming, regardless!

Anyone in block 530 last night miss half the game because a girl/woman turned up looking like a model?
Looked like her fella ran off to buy a T-Shirt to cover her up as her cleavage had about 5k fans rubber necking

Back
Top Bottom