Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Johnson is looking like a waste of good money

Far too limited for what was spent on him
Yeah, he's not shit, but hardly the calibre of player to raise us to the level we want. Definitely not worth £50m either based on what we've seen so far.

Some good points. I think the goals conceded seem to be more to game management. We need to learn to get the ball up field at times and put pressure on the oppo. Instead there is 6 mins injury time, we piss around with the ball at the back not doing much and the oppo get encouraged by pressing.
Who's responsible for game management?

Keys statement is more credible.

Even though you just said you didn't agree with his opinion (even though you do)..... Having already previously said to ignore who it was giving said opinion.

State of your gymnastics. You're in knots.

Can't fault the effort yesterday. We created a lot of chances, controlled 75% of the game and had the ball in the net 4 times. Bentancur injury changed the game, they couldn't get near him. Cash's card is marked. He bottled that second half.

It's proof we're going in the right direction. Injuries have come at a bad time, paired with the run of fixtures, but theres over 20 games left, with a transfer window to come which I'm confident we'll add to the squad in.
Yes, and his 2nd half performance wasn't exactly enhanced by the fact that his manager substituted him at half time.

A danger yes but his finishing is abysmal. Reminds be of Bergwijn to an extent… he used to break the offside trap but fun but with the exception of Leicester away, 9/10 he made an arse of it

Finishing is good as well imo. Decent off either foot. Wouldn't say he's missed a big chance for us. Martinez saved one and maybe he was late to that Kulusevski cross but I'd back him to finish most times.

A danger yes but his finishing is abysmal. Reminds be of Bergwijn to an extent… he used to break the offside trap but fun but with the exception of Leicester away, 9/10 he made an arse of it
Abysmal is an absolute kneejerk. 565' of football for Spurs, mostly played on the wrong side. Never been a sensational finisher but he's got plenty of goals in him per Forest.

Trusting in Ange's process also means trusting the players identified and entrusted to make it work. It's far too early to tell with this lad, but I have faith he'll come good in a fit and firing squad.

Couple of things.
We tore a fancied villa apart at times with a b team. Highest xg this season. We were flying till bentancur got injured. And still created loads when he went off.
Absolutely on our knees injury wise.

Also more importantly,
The team are trained constantly to play a certain way. Same as any team. From top to bottom in the club every team and player. You cannot come out and totally change the way you play. You can tinker with it move it around a small bit but generally stays the same.
We gave out blue murder with our inability to sit back and hold leads for 3 years now. We cant do it. We went for it but lack of players is killing us

Yeah, he's not shit, but hardly the calibre of player to raise us to the level we want. Definitely not worth £50m either based on what we've seen so far.

Why don’t you give the lad more than 3 starts before you give up.

People said the same stuff about Anthony Gordon when he went to Newcastle, what are they saying now? Give the boy a chance. It was only a top save from Martinez that stopped him scoring on Sunday.

I think we sometimes play too much passing the ball betw CBs and the midfield abd FBs disappeared up fired behind the oppo forward lines and can’t be found.
I was thinking the same, especially towards the end, there's nothing wrong with a long punt from Vic now and again, especially when the opposition are up the field, as you say, mix it up a bit:)

Why don’t you give the lad more than 3 starts before you give up.

People said the same stuff about Anthony Gordon when he went to Newcastle, what are they saying now? Give the boy a chance. It was only a top save from Martinez that stopped him scoring on Sunday.
Funny you're bringing up Gordon, cos I was one of the few (probably the only one) to say we should sign him before he was linked with Newcastle.

Like I said, he's a good player, but not a £50m player, based on what we've seen so far.

Funny you're bringing up Gordon, cos I was one of the few (probably the only one) to say we should sign him before he was linked with Newcastle.

Like I said, he's a good player, but not a £50m player, based on what we've seen so far.

That's about all that 50m buys you these days when you're looking at inter-EPL club trf's of young, British/HG players.......

Back
Top Bottom