Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you want front foot pressing football it comes with fatigue tax
Tbf we are not the only team that play like that. Dippers, toon and Brighton do as well. Both last two have lots of players out. We have one game a week. Sure other teams may be able to swap players around. We have subbed some of our players early in games. May be we need to play a bit more smarter. Switch the play more from wing to wing or hit it long some times. May go mid block during games and be more compact at times. Or they could just improve fitness. Half the players have not played many minutes any way so no way have they been over worked.

What other team would survive with these injuries though? I could understand people being so downbeat had our A team lost the last 2 games but we are missing the core of the team
Toon giving it a good go?
Tbh we didn’t deserve to lose today. However our game management is again letting us down. The two goals v wolves were totally available and same today for equaliser.

All teams have to deal with injuries. Man Utd have had their entire first choice back four out for virtually the entire season. Newcastle have major injury problems yet still managed to trounce Chelsea.
Forest beat Villa two nil. We prbly even with 2nd string should be beating Villa who are not great away.

F_-QzOfWQAAao9q

Thought we played really well considering the injury/suspended list.

Really didn’t understand the substitutions after selecting a really encouraging XI. I understand the PEH switch but Skipp was an odd one and taking off Lo Celso who was doing his very best Maddison impression for a big lump of a striker. Just not seeing what the idea was.
Yeah we thought the same. Veliz don’t think had a touch as by then we’d lost a bit of control. Then towards the end no one wanted to cross the ball. We just kept going around the edge of their area sideways. Never once put a ball I for him to challenge. If we bring the big man on then no point playing the inverted wingers stuff. Get them out wide and put the ball in. How many times have we scored when goes wide towards the byline and puts a cross in. Surely if we are chasing them gane abd we out a big CF on then we need to play to his strengths. Would have like to seen donley get a few mins. Not sure what Ange is scared of or trying to achieve playing skipp when we need a goal.

Forest beat Villa two nil. We prbly even with 2nd string should be beating Villa who are not great away.

I bet you weren't saying that before the game.... It would have been "Waaahhh; no depth... We're gonna get battered!".

I felt we looked resigned to losing tbh, mainly out of tiredness more than anything. Prime example that run where Johnson picked the ball up for a potenial 1v1 but jogged cause he didn't have the legs.
Well
As spurs talk show bloke Sean says they guy is unfit for a 22 yr old profession football.
I’d love to see his sprint stats in closing players down and compare with son Gil and kulu. They were running around like mad men at times pressing Villa players. BJ is either unfit or lazy or both.

I bet you weren't saying that before the game.... It would have been "Waaahhh; no depth... We're gonna get battered!".
No to be honest I thought that line had good energy and technical players. Come on Villa we’re not that great but they didn’t to be to score their two goals. The first no one challenges Torres and the 2nd we just let them waltz through our middle no pressure from defenders or midfield.

Well
As spurs talk show bloke Sean says they guy is unfit for a 22 yr old profession football.
I’d love to see his sprint stats in closing players down and compare with son Gil and kulu. They were running around like mad men at times pressing Villa players. BJ is either unfit or lazy or both.

Elite source you got there, boss...... I wonder; is he as clued up as Richard Keys? :sonhmm:

Johnson is looking like a waste of good money

Far too limited for what was spent on him
Never wanted him and not sure what the scouting highlighted as his main attributes and how he would fit into angeball. Looks lazy to me and doesn’t have very good technical ability from what I’ve seen so far.

No to be honest I thought that line had good energy and technical players. Come on Villa we’re not that great but they didn’t to be to score their two goals. The first no one challenges Torres and the 2nd we just let them waltz through our middle no pressure from defenders or midfield.

Their home record is rubbish for a reason. We cut them apart first 30 mins with some pretty basic moves. Their high line just wasn’t working at all.

Villa at home are really tough. Away they just don’t perform the same and they didn’t. Our own profligacy in front of goal cost us + some poor defending.

Our own worst enemy this game because they weren’t solid at protecting the lead either. Don’t be shocked if they go and lose to Bournemouth now.

Elite source you got there, boss...... I wonder; is he as clued up as Richard Keys? :sonhmm:
I’m just using that as an example to make the point that Johnson looks knackered even though his not putting in the same effort as the rest. That’s what I saw yday and v wolves where he was useless after the goal. I’d like too his heat map and touches compared to say Gil who put a shift in and was always available to receive the ball from the cbs.

Deservedly beaten, as we were at Wolves.

If you can't defend, you don't win football matches. If you can't score, you don't win football matches. If you don't give your all for 90+ mins, you know the story (fyi that's 5 goals conceded in stoppage time across the last 3 games).

Clear lack of quality, even with some of our starters. Clear lack of intelligence/cuteness...that Emerson possession right at the end sums it up 😶🔫 Not brave enough either, coaching staff included...Skipp over Donley?! Veliz on at the 87th min?!

Gonna be a long long stretch til February...
Some good points. I think the goals conceded seem to be more to game management. We need to learn to get the ball up field at times and put pressure on the oppo. Instead there is 6 mins injury time, we piss around with the ball at the back not doing much and the oppo get encouraged by pressing.

He’s a decent ‘squad’ player, someone to bring on against tired legs. He doesn’t however have the composure or end product to be a regular starter. The front 3 need to guarantee goals and assists. Son, Kane and initial Kulu loan produced bundles of these. Whereas now we’re lacking clinical play right across the front 3. It’s not good enough. Signing the likes of Jota? won’t fix this either. We need at least 2 quality signings…. a new Son and a striker.
What do we paid £45M plus for that?

Back
Top Bottom