Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play......

Someone had to do it.

Expecting

Vicario

Porro Dier Davies Udogie

Sarr Hojbjerg
Lo Celso

Kulusevski Son Johnson.

would love if Phillips came in for Dier and Bentancur can do 90 in for Hoj but I think this is what we'll get.

They play a very high line so Hoping Son and Johnson can run in behind Torres and Konsa.

I'll be fuming if that little fat wanker McGinn bullys us get stuck into him and Luiz!

they're a good side I worry for our defence with Diaby and Watkins running at us .

Fair play......

Someone had to do it.

Expecting

Vicario

Porro Dier Davies Udogie

Sarr Hojbjerg
Lo Celso

Kulusevski Son Johnson.

would love if Phillips came in for Dier and Bentancur can do 90 in for Hoj but I think this is what we'll get.

They play a very high line so Hoping Son and Johnson can run in behind Torres and Konsa.

I'll be fuming if that little fat wanker McGinn bullys us get stuck into him and Luiz!

they're a good side I worry for our defence with Diaby and Watkins running at us .
I think I'd prefer Kulu central with Johnson and Gil out wide.🤷

Refuse to believe our strongest possible team isn't better than the one that Forest put out when they beat Villa 2-0 a few weeks back.

Either way, a loss isn't the end of the world in a 38 game season when you consider we will be without Romero, van de Ven, Bissouma and Maddison. (as well as the rest). Draw would be great to keep ourselves in the top four and a win would be excellent and entirely possible. Villas away record isn't special.

Vicario
Porro - Emerson - Davies - Udogie
Sarr - Hojbjerg - Lo Celso
Kulusevski - Son - Johnson
Centre backs is always going to be a worry until after City. Udogie being back will be great, bring balance back to the team and has the capabilities of dominating that side, which is Villas strongest area.

Villa play a ridiculously high line here so Johnson and Son should get chances. Just hope we can create something for them because Wolves wasnt pretty.

Refuse to believe our strongest possible team isn't better than the one that Forest put out when they beat Villa 2-0 a few weeks back.

Either way, a loss isn't the end of the world in a 38 game season when you consider we will be without Romero, van de Ven, Bissouma and Maddison. (as well as the rest). Draw would be great to keep ourselves in the top four and a win would be excellent and entirely possible. Villas away record isn't special.

Vicario
Sarr - Hojbjerg - Lo Celso
Kulusevski - Son - Johnson
Centre backs is always going to be a worry until after City. Udogie being back will be great, bring balance back to the team and has the capabilities of dominating that side, which is Villas strongest area.

Villa play a ridiculously high line here so Johnson and Son should get chances. Just hope we can create something for them because Wolves wasnt pretty.

Yeah the team picks itself imo.

It’s the perfect set up for Lo Celso really. His old coach that was apparently keen to bring him back. If he wants to stay he’s driven to play well, if he’s looking to get a move he’s driven to play well.

Johnson and Son vs Villa high line, we are at home…

Every pundit will be picking Villa but we have a great chance in this one.

Dier. Must. Not. Start.

Vicario
Hojbjerg (wouldn't mind Bentancur but not sure he's ready) - Sarr
Kulusevski - GLC - Johnson
Son

Yeah the team picks itself imo.

It’s the perfect set up for Lo Celso really. His old coach that was apparently keen to bring him back. If he wants to stay he’s driven to play well, if he’s looking to get a move he’s driven to play well.

Johnson and Son vs Villa high line, we are at home…

Every pundit will be picking Villa but we have a great chance in this one.

If Lo Celso can't get a start, then there's almost no point putting him in the squad at this point. What was the point preventing him from leaving in the summer if he can't get a chance when Maddison and Bissouma are both out.

I think we have a great chance. Ange has either worked hard with the fringe players over the two week break or he realises they aren't going to work and is braver with selection.

But our season isn't defined by this game. As said, win, would be great. Especially as one of City and Liverpool are guaranteed to drop points. Lose? Meh. Anges future isn't in any trouble with a loss. Nor would it be with a loss against the best team in the world the following week. But by the time West Ham at home comes round, we'll have our best centre back available and 3 of our back 4 back. Bentancur will have another month of match sharpness under his belt and we'll be closer to getting Maddison and Van de Ven back.

We could potentially be starting four full backs in defence ffs 😂

If Lo Celso can't get a start, then there's almost no point putting him in the squad at this point. What was the point preventing him from leaving in the summer if he can't get a chance when Maddison and Bissouma are both out.

I think we have a great chance. Ange has either worked hard with the fringe players over the two week break or he realises they aren't going to work and is braver with selection.

But our season isn't defined by this game. As said, win, would be great. Especially as one of City and Liverpool are guaranteed to drop points. Lose? Meh. Anges future isn't in any trouble with a loss. Nor would it be with a loss against the best team in the world the following week. But by the time West Ham at home comes round, we'll have our best centre back available and 3 of our back 4 back. Bentancur will have another month of match sharpness under his belt and we'll be closer to getting Maddison and Van de Ven back.

We could potentially be starting four full backs in defence ffs 😂

We are home against Villa, losing would be fucking shit.

It doesn't impact Ange over the medium term but let's not get deluded that long term exists in football. Especially not with Mr Levy at the wheel.

We are home against Villa, losing would be fucking shit.

It doesn't impact Ange over the medium term but let's not get deluded that long term exists in football. Especially not with Mr Levy at the wheel.

Without Romero, van de Ven, Maddison and Bissouma...

Four of our best players missing and replaced by not only inferior players but likely four players who literally have no future at the club and will be gone by next summer...

Of course we just have to get through it but this is going to be far from pretty.

Bentancur is still on his way back from injury, so might be good for 45 mins or so. - so he either starts but comes off at HT, or he comes off the bench in the 2nd half.

Good news is that Udogie will be back.

Vicario
Porro, Dier/Emerson, Davies, Udogie
Sarr, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso
Kulusevski, Son, Johnson​

Subs : Forster, Dier/Emerson, Phillips, Dorrington, Bentancur, Skipp, Donley, Gil, Veliz,

Injured & suspended (8 players) :
Ven de Ven, Romero, Sessegnon, Bissouma, Maddison, Perisic, Solomon, Richarlison,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom