Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is the better in game tactician .....Emery or Posto ?

How do you judge?

We went behind against Brentford and came back to get a point, We went behind against Burnley and went and scored 5. We went behind against Sheffield United and went and won 2-1. We went behind against Woolwich and drew that game too.

Villa have gone behind in 5 games this season and won just 1 of them (drawing the other and losing the other 3).

Emery is a fantastic manager and what he's doing at Aston Villa is miraculous. No team has had more points than Villa at this stage of a season and not been in the top four - this isn't an easy game. They are basically full strength. We're missing four of our best and most important players.

I’m a happy person love football so much. Really throw myself into all aspects of it.

I don’t say this lightly, the international break genuinely affects my mental health.

It’s an incredibly long period of time. I have to try arrange days off work or holidays to get myself through it. I don’t think that’s normal

What do you do in the summer?

I’m a happy person love football so much. Really throw myself into all aspects of it.

I don’t say this lightly, the international break genuinely affects my mental health.

It’s an incredibly long period of time. I have to try arrange days off work or holidays to get myself through it. I don’t think that’s normal
Definitely not good. Try to take some time away from football.

I'm the opposite. The less time I spend on here or on Spurs in general the better for my mental health and general productivity in life.

Spurs losing, especially in the manner we last the last two games affects me badly so I've learned to completely just blank it all out and do other things.

If spurs puts you in a bad mood just go out and do some exercise, it's really poweful in lifting your mood.

Easy. Posto. Has emery ever won the treble??

Question answered for you right there.
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF

Udogie being back will be a boost but I think this will be our toughest game of the season so far with all the players missing.

Without Maddison, Bissouma, Romero and Van De Van I just don’t see what there is for Villa to worry about. Of course Son is still there but who is going to get the ball to him in goal scoring areas? Who is going to keep Watkins under control? Who is going to bring the ball out from the back?

Getting the ball to our front three is 100 percent the problem.

And we won't have an answer until Bentancur is back to his best, or Maddison returns.

Hojbjerg is always looking to pass backwards or to the side and will never try to run past a player.

We've got to at least try to integrate Los Celso or we may as well just bin him and pick a youth player.

Either that, or Ange will have to get fruity and try Kulu in the middle. But that's made even more difficult with Richarlison and Solomon out injured.

This will be a disaster without Bissouma, Wolves was bad enough with him

Depends on the team we play against. Bissouma is more important against the teams that jump all over you and press.

Villa away from home are more mid-block and looking to play and high line and congest the middle of the park with their own cloggers like McGinn. Hojberg can ping a pass and move us away from congested areas so the game might suit him.

Our issues with Hojberg are similar to our issues with Son, if we rely on them to play facing their own goal, we are in trouble. Son doesn't hurt us as long as Deki is playing because he's the pressure release, almost like a RW #9.

If Villa don't jump on Hojberg and press him, #6 won't be our problem. Our problem will be the player to link us to the front 3 like Maddison does. Bentancur isn't ready for 90mins so after the Wolves disaster, that player has to be GLC or Gil.

Udogie being back will be a boost but I think this will be our toughest game of the season so far with all the players missing.

Without Maddison, Bissouma, Romero and Van De Van I just don’t see what there is for Villa to worry about. Of course Son is still there but who is going to get the ball to him in goal scoring areas? Who is going to keep Watkins under control? Who is going to bring the ball out from the back?

Udogie is also huge when we play with Son as a #9 because he's strong enough to invert further up the pitch and receive the ball back to goal. He plays between the lines really well and you can really ping a pass at him and expect him to control it and use it.

Getting the ball to our front three is 100 percent the problem.

And we won't have an answer until Bentancur is back to his best, or Maddison returns.

Hojbjerg is always looking to pass backwards or to the side and will never try to run past a player.

We've got to at least try to integrate Los Celso or we may as well just bin him and pick a youth player.

Either that, or Ange will have to get fruity and try Kulu in the middle. But that's made even more difficult with Richarlison and Solomon out injured.

Bentancur has to start if we want to win the game.

It would be utterly disastrous with City up after.
Yup. Could easily be 4 on the trot. That'd be utterly disastrous.

That fucking Chelsea game!!! Really fucking hate them criminal mongrels!!!

Still can't get over how shite we were at Molineux but we still had the 3 points in the bag til...well...Dier...

Dier. Must. Not. Start.

Vicario
Porro - Emerson - Davies - Udogie
Hojbjerg (wouldn't mind Bentancur but not sure he's ready) - Sarr
Kulusevski - GLC - Johnson
Son
Neither do Emerson, Hoj or GLC.

Also, if Johnson could...I dunno...try a little harder than he did vs Wolves (despite his sweet finish)? And if Kulu could learn a new trick or two?

-----------Vicario-------------
Porro-Davies-Philips-Udog
-----------Bentancur----------
---Sarr-------------PEH-------
--Kulu----Son---Johnson----

If Bentancur cannot start the game, then throw in Skippy there.
I kind of hope that Philips had chance to work and prepare over the international break to be ready now.

But whatever pick we make, please no Lo Celso.
I will support Spurs regardless who is picked, but he is such a tragic shit that I will bet actual money on Villa win if we play with 10 men + Lo Celso.

Back
Top Bottom