Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

uncalled handball and a running elbow smash to Gil’s head

View: https://twitter.com/Tottenham_Feed/status/1729041194045579667

Yeah, but VAR ruled out one of their goals, so it's fair.

Sam Claflin GIF by BuzzFeed

It would be nice but, as we've already seen, we get Yellows for the mildest infractions and Reds when we do bring the aggression.

Before the usuals start, I have no issue with Romero and Udogie seeing Red, the issue I have is that we get punished for doing it, whilst it's either a minor punishment or brushed under the carpet when we're on the receiving end. FFS, our manager gets booked for going out of his technical area once, whilst others don't even get spoken to when doing it multiple times.

We've been, and are still being, targeted when others are given a free pass.

Has anyone else received a Yellow for diving this season? Plenty of 'play on's' but no Yellows that I can recall.

I'm struggling to see how Romero can get a straight Red, yet Cash only gets a Yellow when he's injured our player with his follow through. What is the difference? How did Nketia avoid even a Yellow for his tackle on Vicario when there was no ball there to challenge for? How does Kulusevki not get a pen when the follow through brings him down? How is the Gil assault not deemed a pen and a Red?

It stinks and it's obvious.
Cash's tackle was worse IMO, because it was a boot directly to his leg without a fully inflated ball as a buffer damping the impact.

It's been leaked!!! VAR checklist!!

1- Is it clear and obvious?
2- Is the tackle dangerous?
3- Was the player in control of the ball?
4- Were their studs up?

5- Is it against Spurs?

If VAR didn't exist, I could accept the ref missing the attempted decapitation of Gil in the early stages of the game.

BUT IT FUCKING DOES EXIST.
Yes, funny how VAR seems to be turned off when it's our players being maimed.
The tackles on Hot Rod and Pedro all should have been red card tackles, Pedro didn't even get a free kick!

Last edited:
Yes, funny how VAR seems to be turned off when it's our players being maimed.
The tackles on Hot Rod and Pedro all should have been ref card tackles, Pedro didn't even get a free kick!
And the Nketiah scything down of Vicario, who only avoided injury by vaulting over the Studs up challenge.

No one utters a peep when it's against us.

Hard to think of a body in sport with less credibility now.

And Dermot in the media just makes it even worse. I doubt anyone in the game thinks these ref watch things hold any water

I'm not sure what's worse right now......

"Dermot says......"

or

"Richard Keys says........" (See Ange thread)

Fucking Twighlight Zone shit............

Back
Top Bottom