Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be nice but, as we've already seen, we get Yellows for the mildest infractions and Reds when we do bring the aggression.

Before the usuals start, I have no issue with Romero and Udogie seeing Red, the issue I have is that we get punished for doing it, whilst it's either a minor punishment or brushed under the carpet when we're on the receiving end. FFS, our manager gets booked for going out of his technical area once, whilst others don't even get spoken to when doing it multiple times.

We've been, and are still being, targeted when others are given a free pass.

Has anyone else received a Yellow for diving this season? Plenty of 'play on's' but no Yellows that I can recall.

I'm struggling to see how Romero can get a straight Red, yet Cash only gets a Yellow when he's injured our player with his follow through. What is the difference? How did Nketia avoid even a Yellow for his tackle on Vicario when there was no ball there to challenge for? How does Kulusevki not get a pen when the follow through brings him down? How is the Gil assault not deemed a pen and a Red?

It stinks and it's obvious.

Eze against Everton, Martial yesterday (even though it was given as a foul eventually)

Can't fault the effort yesterday. We created a lot of chances, controlled 75% of the game and had the ball in the net 4 times. Bentancur injury changed the game, they couldn't get near him. Cash's card is marked. He bottled that second half.

It's proof we're going in the right direction. Injuries have come at a bad time, paired with the run of fixtures, but theres over 20 games left, with a transfer window to come which I'm confident we'll add to the squad in.
:levywtf:

He’s raw but I think he’ll come good, I prefer him on the right going outside his man

Also every other possible wide player we have is injured
I hope you're right, but goal aside he was woeful against wolves and I am hard pushed to think of anything he did, of benefit, against Villa
With injuries and suspensions we can't afford to carry passengers.

I do fear for our season now though. That injury list is beyond anything anyone could imagine. We all knew the squad was bare, but no one would have thought that we'd have 11 out for 1 game.
It’s a long season. We were adrift of top 4 when Conte arrived and we made it. This year we only likely need top 5 too. We’re in a strong position, just need to keep pace until the guys are back in Jan.

If we’re within 4/5 points of 5th by the time we get players back I’d back us to get CL.

mcmahon-crying-he-was-special.gif

Back
Top Bottom