Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't fault the effort yesterday. We created a lot of chances, controlled 75% of the game and had the ball in the net 4 times. Bentancur injury changed the game, they couldn't get near him. Cash's card is marked. He bottled that second half.

It's proof we're going in the right direction. Injuries have come at a bad time, paired with the run of fixtures, but theres over 20 games left, with a transfer window to come which I'm confident we'll add to the squad in.

I do fear for our season now though. That injury list is beyond anything anyone could imagine. We all knew the squad was bare, but no one would have thought that we'd have 11 out for 1 game.

Meh. It will be what it will be.

Patch up until January and then come January, get some new additions, get the injured players back into the team and end the season strong.

25 games left. We're still in a great position.

When you look back at the soft as anything penalties that have been given against us, it's hard not to get frothy.

If the Brentford one they gave against us was a penalty, then that there should be a penalty and a red.

And those saying....."unintentional, unintentional"....... Bullshit...... You know exactly what you're doing and you know exactly where it's going to connect.
Romero got a Red for his follow through after playing the ball. Pretty much everyone on here agreed that a Red was justifiable.

Carlos has no intention of playing the ball, only the man, and there's those on here saying it's not a Red!

Both are classed as violent conduct by the laws of the game. Romero wasn't carded by the ref initially, VAR had to intervene to get him sent off, yet they didn't bother to review the elbow, even though Carlos wasn't anywhere near challenging for the ball.

If this sort of thing was happening in isolation,then we could take it on the chin (pun intended), but it's happening in every single game now.

Referees are giving license to ANY team playing Spurs to effectively assault our players. If they're penalised it's after multiple infractions, and it's the mildest punishment possible.

The evidence is as clear as crystal, since we beat the dippers. It appears hunting season is open on Spurs players.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong about LoCelso. He had a good game and contributed well. Gil was also less lightweight and flakey than I expected him to be. They stepped up well, I thought.

Kulu had a great game.

But do you not think that, the football he wants to play a draw isn't an option.
It's risk and reward football, we either win or lose, there seems to be little middle ground.
In Scotland he could get away with that, because the quality of the opposition is sub standard.
I'm not sure, he is going to get similar success down south, because apart from three teams the league is competitive.
There is no doubt that, it's entertaining, exhilarating to watch, time will tell how far we can go with it.

Not sure on its either win or lose. Bottom line is that we too often fail to secure a point.

That's anAchilles Heel that pre-dated Postecoglou, so encompasses various managers, most of whom were far more cautious.

Romero got a Red for his follow through after playing the ball. Pretty much everyone on here agreed that a Red was justifiable.

Carlos has no intention of playing the ball, only the man, and there's those on here saying it's not a Red!

Both are classed as violent conduct by the laws of the game. Romero wasn't carded by the ref initially, VAR had to intervene to get him sent off, yet they didn't bother to review the elbow, even though Carlos wasn't anywhere near challenging for the ball.

If this sort of thing was happening in isolation,then we could take it on the chin (pun intended), but it's happening in every single game now.

Referees are giving license to ANY team playing Spurs to effectively assault our players. If they're penalised it's after multiple infractions, and it's the mildest punishment possible.

The evidence is as clear as crystal, since we beat the dippers. It appears hunting season is open on Spurs players.

Time to start being cunts to play against.

play our game with the ball and pressing but look to bring some malice and cunning to it. Pressure officials and try to get in players heads. No holds barred because we are just getting hacked out of the league with zero protection for our best players.

Yep, it's becoming unbearable. Like some kind of vendetta.

It's hard to believe the things that only seem to happen to this club.

It's funny you should say that.

If your history is anything to go by, you'll be one of the first at the front of the lynch mob on Ange's case in a desperate attempt to shield Daniel Levy from any criticism .

giphy.gif

Take your lies and fuck off.

I do fear for our season now though. That injury list is beyond anything anyone could imagine. We all knew the squad was bare, but no one would have thought that we'd have 11 out for 1 game.
This is one of those "welcome to Tottenham" moments.
I agree that the season could drift now, could easily see finishing 9th or 10th.

This is one of those "welcome to Tottenham" moments.
I agree that the season could drift now, could easily see finishing 9th or 10th.

No chance. We will be fine once we get a few players back. Against west ham it could be Vicario, Porro, Romero, Davies, Udogie, Bissouma, Sarr, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Son, Johnson. If we cant beat them with that team then we need to look at ourselves. Richarlison is meant to be back fairly soon too and let's see how Bentacur is.

December will be a hard month. Towards the end as we have to rotate and dont have many options but we will need to get a couple of wins. Then January Maddison, VDV, Solomon will hopefully be back and we have 2 PL games. After that the fixtures are fairly kind to us until April. Also, we will hopefully add a couple in the window. The next month might be hard, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

It feels a bit like the season Mourinho lost Kane and Son and had an awful defence, midfield and had to play Dele upfront for a month or so. We dropped points but it wasnt that bad (obviously the football was shit but that's a different point).

No chance. We will be fine once we get a few players back. Against west ham it could be Vicario, Porro, Romero, Davies, Udogie, Bissouma, Sarr, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Son, Johnson. If we cant beat them with that team then we need to look at ourselves. Richarlison is meant to be back fairly soon too and let's see how Bentacur is.

December will be a hard month. Towards the end as we have to rotate and dont have many options but we will need to get a couple of wins. Then January Maddison, VDV, Solomon will hopefully be back and we have 2 PL games. After that the fixtures are fairly kind to us until April. Also, we will hopefully add a couple in the window. The next month might be hard, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

It feels a bit like the season Mourinho lost Kane and Son and had an awful defence, midfield and had to play Dele upfront for a month or so. We dropped points but it wasnt that bad (obviously the football was shit but that's a different point).
Unfortunately west ham treat us as their cup final, I have had it already this morning, that they are going to beat us.
In fairness it's, the only game out of the next three that we can win so I hope so.

Apart from a lack of a finisher, and bad defending for one of their goals, i can't be too disappointed.
Whilst i didnt have a ticket ,i was over their yesterday,and even after two defeats on the bounce(as it was) , the mood is still good.
Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor was in the Coach,had a quick look round but couldnt see you.To be honest it wasn't just football i was there yesterday,my friends Mark and Sue were out and it was Sue's first trip to the lane since her fight and treatment against Cancer,so was there for them really.

Difference in prices for 2 pints.
The Bluecoats £12 40
Coach&horses £ 7.60

Thats some effing difference there

I didn't go yesterday mate.
My enthusiasm for Premier Leaugue football continues to decline rapidly.
I check the Spurs scores during the match but apart from that I couldn't tell you one other result.

Hope you had a great day, hope your friend Sue continues to make a full recovery.

Time to start being cunts to play against.

play our game with the ball and pressing but look to bring some malice and cunning to it. Pressure officials and try to get in players heads. No holds barred because we are just getting hacked out of the league with zero protection for our best players.
It would be nice but, as we've already seen, we get Yellows for the mildest infractions and Reds when we do bring the aggression.

Before the usuals start, I have no issue with Romero and Udogie seeing Red, the issue I have is that we get punished for doing it, whilst it's either a minor punishment or brushed under the carpet when we're on the receiving end. FFS, our manager gets booked for going out of his technical area once, whilst others don't even get spoken to when doing it multiple times.

We've been, and are still being, targeted when others are given a free pass.

Has anyone else received a Yellow for diving this season? Plenty of 'play on's' but no Yellows that I can recall.

I'm struggling to see how Romero can get a straight Red, yet Cash only gets a Yellow when he's injured our player with his follow through. What is the difference? How did Nketia avoid even a Yellow for his tackle on Vicario when there was no ball there to challenge for? How does Kulusevki not get a pen when the follow through brings him down? How is the Gil assault not deemed a pen and a Red?

It stinks and it's obvious.

Back
Top Bottom