Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having Walcott providing analysis for Spurs matches is what we've come to expect from BBC and MOTD. He doesn't disappoint his bosses.

I'm just absolutely sick and tired of our refs and the way they always give fouls to our opponents for the merest of contact yet they can throw us to the ground and it isn't even a foul. Even on the rare moments we do get fouls, the players never get the cards they deserve. Kulu's obstruction, Gill's elbow to the face. Martinez obscene time wasting. Doesn't get booked and 6 mins doesn't even cover the VAR descisions, let alone the actual time wasting which *increased* during injury time.

It really does feel like like we're playing 14+ players every match and i'm sick and fucking tired of it

Was excellent today , only criticism is not playing a pass sooner or not passing at all and then losing the ball
nah i think we've cooked it PLAYING TOO MANY ANGE balls INSIDE the opposition penalty box.
ALL our attempts are tap-ins or trying to compose 12 passes for someone to slot in from 2-5 yards.
No one will instinctively shoot or attempt to have a crack -although Kulu did one in the first half.

Too much passing in the last quarter with no end product.

nah i think we've cooked it PLAYING TOO MANY ANGE balls INSIDE the opposition penalty box.
ALL our attempts are tap-ins or trying to compose 12 passes for someone to slot in from 2-5 yards.
No one will instinctively shoot or attempt to have a crack -although Kulu did one in the first half.

Too much passing in the last quarter with no end product.
Rubbish. Udogie, Gil and Johnson should have done better with their opportunities. Sonny needs to start his runs half a second later against a high line.

There was a lot of confidence to take out of that game and into the City game. An unshackled Biss will be back and hopefully Bentancur recovers

Shocking how many chances we missed. And of course, we were never going to be able to defend crosses without any centre backs.

Excellent display from Gio, Gil and an honourable mention for Royal playing an unnatural position with confidence.

We are building a new squad, and it will take time to get it right, but the signs are encouraging for sure.

finlay-entrance.gif
562431.jpg

View: https://x.com/AlasdairGold/status/1728811656430645547?s=20

When you think about it, hit the post twice, 3 offside goals and still created a bunch of other great chances on top of that. Gil penalty not given. Bentancur cooking then hacked off the pitch. Was just a fucking cunt of game.

We really should have won it on the chances created alone. Players were not quite clinical enough unfortunately. Something to work on.

Very promising to see GLC put in a good performance even if his goal was a tad bit lucky.

Brilliant for 70% of it, but finishing cost us. Also, let's be honest, pretty much all of our games could have ended 2-2 or 2-1 either way this season. It's just that the likes of United and Liverpool never punished and the last three teams did.

It isn’t, he is challenging for the ball when it occurs and you cannot prove it was a deliberate throw of the elbow.

Referees will only give red cards for elbows they are satisfied are deliberately thrown. They have been very consistent on this.
He's not challenging for the ball, Martinez is. Carlos is trying to prevent Gil from challenging Martinez. He's played the man, pure and simple, which is violent conduct.

Brilliant for 70% of it, but finishing cost us. Also, let's be honest, pretty much all of our games could have ended 2-2 or 2-1 either way this season. It's just that the likes of United and Liverpool never punished and the last three teams did.

City, Newcastle and Brighton have all been scoring well. Still have a tough run of games up to the New Year.

Spot on though.
Compare to United who despite everything have still only scored 16. Wolves 16. Chelsea have scored 22. But 8 of those came in last 3 games.
Fulham got into a few good positions as well. But 10 goals scored all season!!

Commentators mentioned that Emery specializes in coaching his players how to play the opponent offsides. We fell right into it.

Not really. We hit the post twice, Udogie and son had unbelievable chances, Martinez made several top class saves and we wasted other chances on top of that. Villa got very very lucky that we wasted great chances and were very unlucky.

I have a mate who is Villa, spent the whole game talking about how good our movement was and how they were chasing shadows. Villa did to us what we did to teams under Conte and Jose. It's not tactical, it's accepting you are inferior and riding your luck. Our luck ran out eventually under both Jose and Conte.

The worst thing about us is that we rarely seem able to draw game, even if we can't win them.

As yet, that for me remains our biggest Achilles Heel .

If you can't win a game and no team always can don't lose it.

Look at City Liverpool and Woolwich and as I wrote earlier in the thread, if they can't win they don't lose.

That's one big area to rectify as much as anything and that's about mentality as much as it is personnel.

Like the weather, it's got a bit cold

View: https://x.com/collinabanter/status/1728811665595204024?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

VAR official is legit not allowed to ref Liverpool games because he’s compromised?

When you look back at the soft as anything penalties that have been given against us, it's hard not to get frothy.

If the Brentford one they gave against us was a penalty, then that there should be a penalty and a red.

And those saying....."unintentional, unintentional"....... Bullshit...... You know exactly what you're doing and you know exactly where it's going to connect.

The worst thing about us is that we rarely seem able to draw game, even if we can't win them.

As yet, that for me remains our biggest Achilles Heel .

If you can't win a game and no team always can don't lose it.

Look at City Liverpool and Woolwich and as I wrote earlier in the thread, if they can't win they don't lose.

That's one big area to rectify as much as anything and that's about mentality as much as it is personnel.

Like the weather, it's got a bit cold
But do you not think that, the football he wants to play a draw isn't an option.
It's risk and reward football, we either win or lose, there seems to be little middle ground.
In Scotland he could get away with that, because the quality of the opposition is sub standard.
I'm not sure, he is going to get similar success down south, because apart from three teams the league is competitive.
There is no doubt that, it's entertaining, exhilarating to watch, time will tell how far we can go with it.

Back
Top Bottom