Spurs v Lyon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

itrAe6dyDMLOe.gif
ibpvwSEWLxtCTW.gif

:bale2:

**RING RING RING**

"Hola, Real Madrid C.F"
"Put me through to Perez."
"Si."
"...... Yes, this is Florentino, how may I help you."
:levylol:: "The price has just gone up. [CLICK]"

Brad is 41, delighted at recently having signed a year extension to his deal and saying all the right things with regards to always wanting to play but being content with playing deputy. Easier domestic cup games?I'm all over Brad. Hugo injured? We have a wonderful back up. But this is a fucking huge game and Lloris ought to play both legs.

At this stage of the season he can't make choices on the fact of being fair to both GK.
Would go with Hugo for the rest of the season if it was down to me.

I did some research on our upcoming opponents. Here are some additional facts we should be aware of:

1)Lyon routinely field 11 men on the field at the start of each match.

2)All of their wins in the 2012/13 season have been the result of scoring more goals than the other side.

3)They are from France.

4)"Olympique Lyonnais" is actually the name of a chocolate sauce that is spread on a croissant. (Croissant's are a bread pastry invented by Burger King and later adopted by the French as a breakfast treat.)

I don't get all the adulation - yeah sure, 6 GREAT goals in 5 games, but Defoe once scored 5 in 1 game.

5 in 1 game is better than 6 in 5 games, isn't it? And even Adebayor scored once, so he's pretty great too.

Therefore, Bale isn't that big a deal, ok, ..... ©Peter Griffin @ family guy

Lyon are a very good side. AVB wasn't bullshitting this week in comparing this to a CL tie. Its very much on par with something we'd come up against in the better of the two European competitions. If this were a CL group stage game we'd be absolutely delighted. The away goal makes it harder to swallow but we have it in our hands in Lyon.

They lie 2nd in Ligue 1 to a team as rich as Man City. That they're only 6 pts behind is to their credit as they're living in another world. Its akin to us being 6 points behind United (granted the weaker teams are much weaker than those in the Premier League).

So many supporters inside the ground and online took to slating our 11 out of frustration. We weren't playing QPR, and we weren't even playing Newcastle. We were playing a team that has won 7 League titles and 3 Domestic Cups in the last 15 years. We did well. Ade was unlucky not to score a great attempt first time from Mousa's incredible through ball, and Bale missed a sitter.

A1752_zpse0ade5d0.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2012-13

Every European game played by Spurs from the European Cup in 1961-62 to the UEFA Europa League in 2012-13....

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurinEurope1961-62to2010-11.html

Tottenham Hotspur European Goalscorers & Appearances 1961-62 to 2012-13

Tottenham Hotspur's European goalscorers together with a list of games played by Spurs players in Europe

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurEuropeanGoalscorers1961-62to2008-09.html

don't get this anti Friedel all of a sudden, he has been good in all but his previous game for us this season. I know Hugo organises the defense a lot better then Brad, but lets not forget that we didn't have any problems with Brad as our number 1 last season for a large part of the first half of the season a lot of Spurs fans were divided about who should be our current number 1.

Lloris is a better keeper, that goes without saying, but that does not make Friedel a bad keeper in the slightest

Fair enough, I disagree, but you're welcome to your opinion.

Hugo is COMPETITIVE, he is COMPETING with the best keepers in the world, not Brad. That's his benchmark, not to better than Brad but to be better than Neuer, or whoever's the best in world ATM.

Hugo is as sharp as razors ATM, Brad playing well which I hope he does, won't make any difference IMHO.
He's in training with Brad everyday. They push eachother, just like every other player in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom