Spurs v Lyon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we still defending Ade ? Might as well played with 10 men tonight. Can't rely on the soon to be sold Bale forever. Don't even go there with the service card. Thoughts please.

I don't get all the adulation - yeah sure, 6 GREAT goals in 5 games, but Defoe once scored 5 in 1 game.

5 in 1 game is better than 6 in 5 games, isn't it? And even Adebayor scored once, so he's pretty great too.

Therefore, Bale isn't that big a deal, ok, ..... ©Peter Griffin @ family guy

When was the last time Tottenham won a game with virtually the last kick of the game ?
Must be some statto's out there with the answer.

Watched some football tonight. I thought the Tottenham game was supposed to be on but instead I got some team who scored twice from from set pieces.

In all seriousness besides Bale I thought Vertonghen and Gallas were the best players on the pitch tonight. Won so many balls in the center of the park and distributed well. Was very impressed especially with the much maligned Gallas.

Don't understand the Adebayor criticism. Played really hard I thought and looked pretty good for his first full game back. Lyon were well organized in the back I thought.

Also, their goal was Danny Rose-esque.

In all seriousness besides Bale I thought Vertonghen and Gallas were the best players on the pitch tonight. Won so many balls in the center of the park and distributed well. Was very impressed especially with the much maligned Gallas.
Yeah, Gallas was on fire today. Alicia Keys even wrote a song about him...
Gallas is on fire
Gallas is on fire
He's walking on fire
Gallas is on fire
Looks like a girl, but he's a flame

Girlfriend's now asleep so watched the whole game on sky plus without knowing the result. We scored 2 direct free kicks. TWO??!!

Someone get the gritters out coz hell is freezing over.

It was a good win against a very good team

Lyon are currently ranked 12th in Europe ahead of AC Milan, Benfica, Man City and of course us, who are some way back in 28th place

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2013.html

Incidentally, it's quite a tribute to us and the Prem that Schalke are ranked considerably higher than us and are still in the CL, yet Holtby was really keen to leave them for us.

Talking of Lewis, it's time for him to start games more often.

I'm a big Clint fan, but he was poor tonight. Ade weren't great either, but I think it should be Clint who makes way next week.

I also want to see Lewis playing against West Ham, rattle them a bit :holtbytongue:

I said before the game I expect Hugo back for the return leg, and I still think the same. We'll need our high line at its very best there. I also said I'll be fuming if Hugo isn't back for that one, and still think the same there as well. For this leg I could see the logic of Brad playing, so while unhappy wasn't jumping up and down about it.

Brad did fine, any criticism for the goal must mainly fall on Gallas, but teams don't normally score from there.

Whether Lloris would have commanded the situation and cut out the cross I've no idea. Had he played it would have been a different game and the cross wouldn't have happened, but something else might have led to a goal from them instead.

We also of course need our best defender Dawson back for that, he is simply better at headed clearances than Gallas.

AVB gambled by leaving out our two best players in our back 5, he got away with it , IMO. But we will need Hugo and Daws back for the return.

It should be a great game, and alive till the very last minute.

Back
Top Bottom