Spurs v Lyon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope this isn't seen as presumptuous on my part as a newbie, but I can't see a thread for this massive game coming up.

So here's a start.

If people think a better one should be done, I can see that. Please take this one down in that case.

Valentine's Day Special

Here's hoping for a footballing massacre

:smesh:

THU 14 FEB 2013 - EUROPA LEAGUE
  • Tottenham
    v
    Lyon
    20:05
    I hope we go full strength, something like this to allow for some rotation
    Lloris; Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE; Lennon Parker Dembele Bale Dempsey Ade
    Bale roaming free as per Saturday
    I can see the sense in Brad playing, but if we want to win the tournament, which I certainly do, I'm not sure we can afford to rest Hugo
    An away goal for Lyon might be fatal for our chances

Brad was awful against Leeds so for me Hugo has to play, seeing as we are off on the weekend I hope we go full strength and try to put it to bed.

Expect a full strength team seeing we have the weekend off, so hopefully Hugo, Benny and Vertonghen all start.

don't you know that verts and BAE are on the outs with AVB? They're spending Valentine's Day getting lovey-dovey with a certain Russian Petroligarch down the road.

as other have already stated I reckon we will go full strength as we have this weekend off. Lyon on the other hand have a big game on Sunday away to Boar dough, so they may rest a few key players. Thursday is the perfect opportunity for us to grab the incentive.

I am single so I will be at the game

as other have already stated I reckon we will go full strength as we have this weekend off. Lyon on the other hand have a big game on Sunday away to Boar dough, so they may rest a few key players. Thursday is the perfect opportunity for us to grab the incentive.

I am single so I will be at the game

3228997240_c97de8c2b6.jpg

Here's Hugo's interview before the match ... dont really know which gk will start ... i mean it kind of is deserved for brad to start for being our Europa league gk ....

But since it's lyon, hugo may start ... in this case what avb may do (to keep both gk happy) is if hugo plays against lyon, then AVB may give Brad a EPL game to play in .... this would kind of make it fair.

At this stage of the season he can't make choices on the fact of being fair to both GK.
Would go with Hugo for the rest of the season if it was down to me.

Here's Hugo's interview before the match ... dont really know which gk will start ... i mean it kind of is deserved for brad to start for being our Europa league gk ....

But since it's lyon, hugo may start ... in this case what avb may do (to keep both gk happy) is if hugo plays against lyon, then AVB may give Brad a EPL game to play in .... this would kind of make it fair.

I reckon Hugo will start the 2nd leg

At this stage of the season he can't make choices on the fact of being fair to both GK.
Would go with Hugo for the rest of the season if it was down to me.

Yup me too, we need a settled defence now to keep up the charge, and Hugo has been epic.

I have noticed that the Lyon FBs are quite close to the CBs, making a rather narrow back 4. Bale/Lennon should have a field day. Lyon have also just lost their last 2 league games, both 3-1.

Incidentally, the ref is Portuguese, so maybe AVB could have a word (BTW, he reffed the Chav's CL final and also the Eng/Brazil game last week). He also loves his cards - last 10 games something like 50+ yellow and 9 reds!!

http://int.soccerway.com/referees/pedro-proenca/44957/

I sincerely hope he doesn't give Brad a prem game to be 'fair'

Hugo is a complete class above Brad, and indeed most keepers, so why wouldn't he play every game?

I can see a bit of an argument for Brad playing Thurssday, but I want us to win this trophy, so i think Hugo has to play this and every game till the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom