Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Sammy's zeal, but he does seem to be on the look-out for a scrap sometimes. Still, no doubting he's full #COYS, unlike some other posters here.

Best start to a PL campaign since Poch arrived and Eriksen, Kane, Alli, Trippier, Davies, Dier etc....... are all "playing like shit and need dropping / resting".

Everyone's a fucking expert, page after page of i told you sos......a fairly decent part of me wants this game won so that this place becomes bareable for a week or so again.

According to "supercunt" Adrian Durham - we are not a big club and are simply going through a rich period of form - our natural level of 14th place will return once the "big" teams have picked our bones clean..... If that's the case (disclaimer: i don't think it is) then lets try and enjoy it shall we?

A small part of me is sentimental to a time when the results of each game didnt "matter" so much. "A decent cup run and a performance against the scum" was all i aspired to. It was certainly less stressful and there didnt seem to be so much fucking preaching going on. I'm aware that the emergence of social media is also responsible. It was much more difficult to argue with Teletext.

I not disagreeing that some players appear to have dropped some form. Or perhaps their roles have changed so that their contribution is no longer as obvious. One thing we can credit Poch for is constantly evolving his system as the competition becomes accustomed to it and the personnel he has available to him changes. Something that previous mangers have struggled with. He's no dead horse flogger.

I think we should be prepared to accept that footballers are human beings and their game is affected by a millions of different influences, only a very small margin of which we are privy to. Also that the manager sees these players day in day out and knows them better probably than their only families and certainly more than any of us knows them. The club uses sports science meticulously to analyse changes in performance levels. It has to be presumed that if a player has changed their game noticeably then it is because they have been instructed to do so. Bars have been set so ridiculously high for some players that we are going to see "drops in form" fairly often.

TLDR - Smash them bindipping misery merchants. Moura = hatrick and celebrates by doing a Ramos on Salah and touching him on the shoulder as he runs past him.

Last edited:
I love Sammy's zeal, but he does seem to be on the look-out for a scrap sometimes. Still, no doubting he's full #COYS, unlike some other posters here.

Not looking for a scrap at all, I come here to debate Spurs.
In the summer I was called deluded and biased for backing the squad.

Say Eriksen isn’t worth 100M and I’m a toxic cunt.

Work that out.

Personally I’ve been looking forward to shoving it up these Scouse cunts for months.
Others wrote us off in the summer and lauded Liverpool’s window so much that I guess they won’t even bother watching on Saturday as surely all we can expect is a 6-0 defeat. I mean Kieta is world class and Dembele is past it right.

Call themselves Spurs fans? Laughable

According to "supercunt" Adrian Durham - we are not a big club and are simply going through a rich period of form - our natural level of 14th place will return once the "big" teams have picked our bones clean..... If that's the case (disclaimer: i don't think it is) then lets try and enjoy it shall we?

I don’t care when Liverpool, Woolwich or Chelsea pundits and fans talk like this.

What fucks me off is that the entire summer, 99% of this forum agreed with the sentiment, and spent months berating our squad and policy and writing us off.

Tipping there caps to whichever way the wind blows.....shitting their pants West Ham has surpassed us, now trying to come across as hardcore positive, while saying we cannot win the title and our players all know it.

Too many fans on here are wankers, basically and the site owners dont give a shit, with their pissy yellow card system.

Pretending the site is unmodded then Case pops up saying he checks every vote to see if if a ban is necessary.

So it IS modded then ffs

Bizarre that he bans people for over a month for supporting the club, but happily let’s negative cunts who constantly slag it off operate with freedom.

It’s very simple to see who talks Spurs, and who only talks about other posters.
This used to be called a site for ultras......shame the founders all started wanting to be like that fat gooner Robbie.

I don’t care when Liverpool, Woolwich or Chelsea pundits and fans talk like this.

What fucks me off is that the entire summer, 99% of this forum agreed with the sentiment, and spent months berating our squad and policy and writing us off.

Tipping there caps to whichever way the wind blows.....shitting their pants West Ham has surpassed us, now trying to come across as hardcore positive, while saying we cannot win the title and our players all know it.

Too many fans on here are wankers, basically and the site owners dont give a shit, with their pissy yellow card system.

Pretending the site is unmodded then Case pops up saying he checks every vote to see if if a ban is necessary.

So it IS modded then ffs

Bizarre that he bans people for over a month for supporting the club, but happily let’s negative cunts who constantly slag it off operate with freedom.

It’s very simple to see who talks Spurs, and who only talks about other posters.
This used to be called a site for ultras......shame the founders all started wanting to be like that fat gooner Robbie.

Maybe try and take it a bit less personally mate.

This place was always going to evolve once its popularity increased and once the CLUBS popularity increased - that's how the world works.

I will say that we are probably part of one of the least commercial supporters forums / groups out there for Spurs fans and the majority of people on here reflect the views of the people who founded it - views they still maintain on the pod after 7 years despite BT Sport and the club itself now advertising on it. That balance cant be easy.

So it IS modded then ffs

Rather than complaining about it every time you come back, why don't you leave?

So it IS modded then ffs

I hear ye, Sammy

Attending my Neice's wedding at 2pm in Nottingham........

Selfish cow, what was she thinking?

I will be in Nottingham that day taking my daughter to her Open University Day
Will try and slope off somewhere for lunch though

* WARNING! Blatant "I'm going on holiday" post coming *

I'm going to have about an hour and a half to get through Tenerife Airport, cab to my apartment, dump the luggage and get to a bar to watch this.

What could possibly go wrong?

Currently don't have the interest in engaging you in a debate, but was curious as to why you let something rile you up and still be so actively involved.

And that’s my point yet again.

You have no interest in debating me on Spurs but happy to get involved in a pointless off topic crap discussion about why I get annoyed with other posters

And that’s my point yet again.

You have no interest in debating me on Spurs but happy to get involved in a pointless off topic crap discussion about why I get annoyed with other posters

Sammy, I have no interest in debating you on Spurs because it would involve debating you. Happy to debate Spurs with others who genuinely want to engage in conversation, rather than beat people to death with their point and not have any interest in listening to the other sides' point. I agree with plenty of your posts, but there's no debating you, as you're never wrong.

As for the off-topic side, you're having a bitch in a match-thread about posters.

I'm absolutely pumped for this game. My mum is over from Australia and will be taking her and my wife out. First time either of them will have seen Spurs in the league. Hopefully we can bounce back from Watford and do what we did to them last year. I think we'll win this 3-0.

Sammy, I have no interest in debating you on Spurs because it would involve debating you. Happy to debate Spurs with others who genuinely want to engage in conversation, rather than beat people to death with their point and not have any interest in listening to the other sides' point. I agree with plenty of your posts, but there's no debating you, as you're never wrong.

As for the off-topic side, you're having a bitch in a match-thread about posters.

Yes I’m fully aware that you are the model poster who has now quoted me three times to tell me you do not want to debate on topic Spurs related issues with me and only want to discuss bullshit petty arguments about posting styles.

Well done for showing how above it all and what a good boy you are.

You quoted me out of the blue to tell me you do not want to communicate with me.

Why not just take your own medicine and not get involved. Isn’t that what you wanted me to do?

So little self awareness it’s genuinely frightening.

Back
Top Bottom