Sporting (H) - UCL - 26/10, 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spence is so far down the pecking order, I mean Conte nearly brought on Sess at RWB but changed his mind for Lucas to be shifted there. Then came Emerson Royal.

I wonder why Conte just didn't say to Levy, don't purchase Spence, I mean he must be really shit if he's behind both Royal and Lucas at RWB.
There was a rumour (yesterday, I think) reported in The Times that we've considering loaning Spence out in January. If so, he not so much "far down the pecking order' as absent from it.

I fucking hate VAR but I can see why refereeing associations around the world want it. For years prior to its introduction Refs had to endure endless pundits analysing decisions on tv programmes highlighting their on field mistakes. Let’s call it the referees revenge. Now we have to put up with breaks in the game of up to five minutes and not knowing whether the goal we’ve all just celebrated will be allowed. AND THEY STILL MAKE MiSTAKES!

we scored with about 2 seconds to go - so there was only ever time to take the goal kick
But the clock was still rolling during the review. Doesn't the rolling clock mean that we should get to make up that lost time? Or am I just completely misunderstanding the recent that we don't pause the clock during VAR reviews?

Hmmm, actually I quite like it. I mean of course the arbitrary 1mm will still be making a difference, it will just be in a different place where Joe Public can't really see it, so we won't have the granular info available to have such outrage when decisions go against us. I do like it though - OffTheBench OffTheBench for next FA Chairman! :)
No thanks, I'm making shitloads from computers*

* One for the kids there

But on the lines idea, I think it would work until the technology is more advanced. Not that I'd mind VAR getting binned altogether.

But the clock was still rolling during the review. Doesn't the rolling clock mean that we should get to make up that lost time? Or am I just completely misunderstanding the recent that we don't pause the clock during VAR reviews?
Thats just the TV station display
The 4th official (I believe) is the one who tells the ref that the time is up - his clock would have been stopped when the ref whistled for the "goal"
And restarted for the goal kick

I fucking hate VAR but I can see why refereeing associations around the world want it. For years prior to its introduction Refs had to endure endless pundits analysing decisions on tv programmes highlighting their on field mistakes. Let’s call it the referees revenge. Now we have to put up with breaks in the game of up to five minutes and not knowing whether the goal we’ve all just celebrated will be allowed. AND THEY STILL MAKE MiSTAKES!
I hate it too. We're forced to trade spontaneity for trepidation, which is no way to enjoy a game. There's not a single goal scored where my delight isn't immediately replaced by the expectation that it's going to be reviewed (and ruled out) by VAR. And, when we concede, though I don't expect a VAR review, I desperately hope for one, which just adds to the pain.

Goal line tech, by contrast, is fine; it's black and white, accurate to within a gnat's cock and instant.

We "scored" with about 12 seconds of the minimum of 5 to be added. There were no particular stoppages in play in the 5 mins added time up to that point. If Kane had put the ball wide the resulting goal kick would have been the last touch of the game. No time was lost to the VAR decision making process.

We "scored" with about 12 seconds of the minimum of 5 to be added. There were no particular stoppages in play in the 5 mins added time up to that point. If Kane had put the ball wide the resulting goal kick would have been the last touch of the game. No time was lost to the VAR decision making process.
12 Seconds?

Time for a third then..............

And the petro clubs, and their fans wouldn't care.

There's 3 pumped up fake clubs in the PL now, and there's probably going to be more as time goes on.
Even if it stays at 3, I can guarantee that within a few short years, it will end up as the top 2 being City and Newcastle (I'm hopefully discounting Chelsea) every year and then it's a battle between the rest.

"Ordinary" clubs are fucked.
It is always worth reading what you write here in the forum, thank you very much for that!! :thumbup:

We fans in Germany also have this fear!
In addition to the plastic clubs Leipzig, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Hoffenheim, there is the stirrup holder Bayern Qatar Munich!

We try to keep the 50+1 regulation (50%+1 must always have the respective club)! In our opinion, retort clubs have no place in the league.

When you see the joy there was (and still is?) among Newcastle fans when they were taken over by a murderous state - it makes you want to puke!

And if it has to take 4 minutes to review, we should be allowed to play those 4 minutes. Instead the ref blew the final whistle as soon as Sporting took their free kick.

I'm almost more pissed off about that than the review.

You're pissed off that the referee didn't just conjure up 4 minutes for us outta' nowhere?

Odd.

And if it has to take 4 minutes to review, we should be allowed to play those 4 minutes. Instead the ref blew the final whistle as soon as Sporting took their free kick.

I'm almost more pissed off about that than the review.
The goal was the last kick. If it counted the ref would have blown when Sporting kicked off.
Not sure why you're pissed about that.

Back
Top Bottom