Sporting (H) - UCL - 26/10, 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Lloris
Romero* - Dier - Davies
Doherty - Bentancur - Hojbjerg* - Sessengon
Lucas - Kane - Son
3-5-2 isn’t working. Back to 3 up top, go for the juggler. Win and we qualify, we could even top the group if results go our way.

I think we lack a proper CAM. Kane is the closest we have.

Lloris
Royal - Romero - Lenglet - Davies
Hojbjerg - Bentancur
Deki - Kane - Son
Richarlison

Playing players one would suspect to be missing thru injury isn't likely to end well.

I'm over the three at the back, the wingbacks just aren't good enough offensively to persist with it whilst the team is also conceding a lot of goals at the other end. Go 4-3-3 and play Davies and Royal at fullback and god knows who at CB. We'll still concede goals with that lot back there but we might score more with an extra player in the middle/up front

no way. None of our Cb's bar maybe Romero can play in a 2 man CB partnership (and even that depends on who he plays with) .
Can you imagine Dier, Davies, Lenglet or Sanchez in a Cb 2? I mean we would get eaten alive.

I don't trust Romero in a 2 either tbh.

I'm aware he does for Argentina, but it's a bit of a different proposition playing South American WC qualifiers compared to CL & EPL.

Lloris
Romero* - Dier - Davies
Doherty - Bentancur - Hojbjerg* - Sessengon
Lucas - Kane - Son
3-5-2 isn’t working. Back to 3 up top, go for the juggler. Win and we qualify, we could even top the group if results go our way.
Lol. Problems at the front and back of the team. Lucus is a dog chasing a ball..not good enough. Try Gil instead. I think we should consider a 4-3-3 and let son and Gil sit slightly deeper as they can carry the ball forward. We have not got the quality to play 3 at the back clearly.

no way. None of our Cb's bar maybe Romero can play in a 2 man CB partnership (and even that depends on who he plays with) .
Can you imagine Dier, Davies, Lenglet or Sanchez in a Cb 2? I mean we would get eaten alive.
Not really, we are getting eaten alive with the tactics now, but with 4 at the back and 2 security midfielders in front Surely it would suit us, plus we could get all of our better players on the pitch at the same time. Just an opinion

I don't trust Romero in a 2 either tbh.

I'm aware he does for Argentina, but it's a bit of a different proposition playing South American WC qualifiers compared to CL & EPL.
i don't either.

I think he could play it if we bring in a class CB in the summer but as of right now? no.

Back
Top Bottom