Sporting (H) - UCL - 26/10, 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No business at all. We've got a Europa League level group & it's going down to the last game where we're away at a cauldron of a stadium.

Zero point in all the drama of qualifying if we fuck this. Not like we signed dazzling players who would only have joined for CL football anyway...
Ask Barcelona if they'd rather be in our position.

We would have qualified top of the group on Wednesday night with a game to spare if it wasn't for a bullshit VAR call.

I maybe could have accepted it if it was the on field call and VAR failed to overturn it...... But the other way round...... It should never have been disallowed.

Ask Barcelona if they'd rather be in our position.

We would have qualified top of the group on Wednesday night with a game to spare if it wasn't for a bullshit VAR call.

I maybe could have accepted it if it was the on field call and VAR failed to overturn it...... But the other way round...... It should never have been disallowed.

Barcelona drew a group with Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. If we were Barcelona the overwhelming likelihood is that we'd already be out in the groups too.

You're right they'd rather be us. They'd rather have been us from the start, we were handed a golden ticket to the knockouts!

Barcelona drew a group with Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. If we were Barcelona the overwhelming likelihood is that we'd already be out in the groups too.

You're right they'd rather be us. They'd rather have been us from the start, we were handed a golden ticket to the knockouts!
You can save your 'Woe is me.... We've no right to be in Champions League' for if and when we don't get the required point against Marseille.

Until then, we're top of the group, with one game left.

You can save your 'Woe is me.... We've no right to be in Champions League' for if and when we don't get the required point against Marseille.

Until then, we're top of the group, with one game left.

That's nice, it's still a Europa League level group we lucked out on and need to go to the final day to qualify from.

Edit: Oh and we weren't 'robbed'. The rules were correctly applied as they would've been applied to Sporting too. The rule sucks and it's annoying, but it was the correct decision. There's no room for interpretation with offside so it makes zero difference if the on-field ref made a decision or not.

So my first visit to the stadium this season wasn’t entirely dreadful. I did enjoy being in the South Stand and the second half of the match was quite enjoyable. The first half was bloody awful though. We were so slow on the ball and so static. Nobody was making runs or trying to get into space when we had the ball.

My seat had a pretty decent view so it’s definitely an area I’ll look at sitting in again. I was surrounded by season ticket holders and i think I learnt a few new swear words, the guy next to me was not a happy bunny! The guys in front of me fucked off after 20 minutes too so they clearly weren’t impressed!

Sorry I didn’t get to meet up with anyone, i didn’t get to the stadium until about 7:45 so went straight to my seat.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you use technology to enforce rules to a silly degree. No human lines person would be able to judge that offside with their eyes. No human player would be able to keep their knee behind the ball in that split second either.

Really I think they should just do away with the offside lines altogether. All they should use is the raw video. You can (quickly) produce a clear angle that shows offside to the naked eye? Then give offside. If you can’t make a decision without the lines then you shouldn’t be giving it.

I’m 100% in favour of using video replays but I’m 100% against introducing trigonometry to football.
Love me a bit of SOHCAHTOA 😂

I can't see a forum on here regarding the Marseille game on Tuesday, and I need some information. The Spurs website is useless.
I'm hoping somebody on here can tell me what time the shuttle buses to the ground finish, as I can't check in until late, and am worried that I'll miss them.

Was out of town this week so didn't have time to post much, but good God, what a horrific call against us to rule out our winner. Every other "big" club in the world would have been given that, no doubt about it.

I watched at a bar and, while my buddy closed out, had to listen to some asshole Liverpool fan explain why he thought it was the correct call. It was as annoying as it was painful.

Last edited:
Was out of town this week so didn't have time to post much, but good God, what a horrific call against us to rule out our winner. Every other "big" club in the world would have been given that, no doubt about it.

I watched at a bar and, while my buddy closed out, had to listen to some asshole Liverpool fan explain why he thought it was the correct call. It was as annoying as it was painful.

Most bars have a baseball bat tucked under the couter....... I'm sure they'd have loaned it to you, all things considered.....

Back
Top Bottom