Sporting (H) - UCL - 26/10, 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last season, somehow this side looks a shadow of that one.

That's irrelevant..... We are there BECAUSE we deserve to be.

This current side has no business in the competition, despite the very literal approach you are taking.

Literal > sentimental/emotive.........

By your reckoning 20 or more teams don't 'belong' this year either (including none of our group!)......

Last season, somehow this side looks a shadow of that one.

This current side has no business in the competition, despite the very literal approach you are taking.

No business at all. We've got a Europa League level group & it's going down to the last game where we're away at a cauldron of a stadium.

Zero point in all the drama of qualifying if we fuck this. Not like we signed dazzling players who would only have joined for CL football anyway...

I think you are another ignorant Tottenham "fan" who blames the team when they are robbed. Chelski, Arse-nil, Liverpoo, all have bad days then the refs give them the softest dives which Spurs never get. Spurs don't even dive.

I'm not picking on you but all so-called Spurs fans who give excuses to hostile refs. There is definitely a conspiracy against Totttenham and when you have billions involved it's serious.

They do not want Google or Amazon to sponsor the stadium, so by making Spurs a lesser team will put the investor off. The media is also against Spurs, look at it like the anti-Trump stuff in America.

I wish some Spurs fans would wake up and smell the coffee....
Conspiracy??

Fuck off you numpty!!

We were shit. We've been shit for the last few games. There is NO conspiracy!

If the automated system is consistent, then I think most people would accept a small error rate. Issue is the semi bit of semi-automated - if VAR overrules, it should only be for an obvious machine error, or else will be accusations of bias/corruption etc.

I suspect you are right in this case that VAR was deciding if the deflection was a deliberate play. But 4 minutes is way too long.

"Semi-automated"..... An absolutely bullshit notion.

It's just wanky double-talk.

Either a human has influence or they don't.

If that call happened in the 5th minute of the game and then the rest ofbthe game went as it did and ended 1-1, not nearly as many would be blaming the officials for us not winning, they would rightly be directing their anger at the players for once again not showing up.

You're still just talking sentiment/emotion > the literal rules of the game.

"Once again".....? What happened last week has ZERO to do with the officiating within the confines of that game.

It's not my interpretation, it's what the offsides rule is. Blocking/accidental deflections from point blank range are not considered deliberate playing of the ball.

He's deliberately stood there......

If what you're saying is the rule; then the rule is a fucking ass.

Last edited:
Literal > sentimental/emotive.........
Might as well just delete the match thread then apart from one comment with the line ups and then one 2 hours later staying that a game of football happened and the score was 1-1...

Of course there's fucking sentiment and emotion involved!

I wouldn't waste so much fucking time watching these cunts and discussing the finer details of their respective abilities on the Internet if there wasn't!

I'm annoyed at the first half, it was really bad. Marcus Edwards scored a great goal, could only really happen to us. We just played with no intensity which was very frustrating.

Second half we were much better and deserved to win... just. It certainly wasn't perfect as Sporting had a couple of chances. Great cameo from Bryan Gill when he came on, can he do it regularly? Thought Bentancur was again one of our better players and Romero too who looked liked he really wanted to liven the game and atmosphere.

The thoughts on the VAR decision is just great frustration and annoyance. It's a shit system that really shouldn't be taking 4mins to come to a decision. No one really fucking knows if that was onside or offside yet the genuine feeling I have from those clowns in UEFA or that stupid ref box somewhere in Lala land is them going "this is the only competitive group left in our stale comp now, lets rule this goal out and make it exciting on the last matchday". I'm probs way off the mark but honestly if they ever wanted to make a game/comp corrupt and add entertainment value then VAR is the perfect tool. I completely agree with Conte, you would never see that decision ruled out at Anfield.

I really am hating modern day football currently, I hate how fans just love slagging off the manager and players, I hate how some fans boo at half time rather than trying to get behind the team, I hate how Paul Coyte has to cheerlead to get fans behind the team. Just be positive ffs, we're all there to support the team!!

And most of all I hate fucking VAR!!!!

Neither of these are laws. It was amazing because Carragher made the same points and none of those have been rules.

A player can be offsides on a backwards pass if he is ahead of the ball when the pass is played. It doesnt matter at all where the passing player is, only where the ball is.

That would require him (eg Kane) to have moved backwards, no?

In which case, if he moves backwards enough to pull back onside again before playing the ball and hasn't previously interfered with play, then the attacker's position has been re-set and is to be considered on-side once more if he then goes on to play the ball.....

As far as I can fathom........

You're still just talking sentiment/emotion > the literal rules of the game.

"Once again".....? What happened last week has ZERO to do with the officiating within the confines of that game.
I've lost track of what the fucking point is here, I'm more annoyed at the performance of our players over 90 minutes than the bad call from the officials at the death.

I'm baffled that so many are totally overlooking that and simply crying fix.

Might as well just delete the match thread then apart from one comment with the line ups and then one 2 hours later staying that a game of football happened and the score was 1-1...

Of course there's fucking sentiment and emotion involved!

I wouldn't waste so much fucking time watching these cunts and discussing the finer details of their respective abilities on the Internet if there wasn't!

The rule book and officiating doesn't (or at least shouldn't!) operate according to emotion/sentiment......

(Of course the game is emotional for a fan, but that's not at all what's being put to you though...... )

That was the most clear example of daylight robbery by VAR I've ever seen.

It is simply bullshit and clear evidence of corruption. Or, and this is not impossible, the ref is a complete fucking imbecile.

I've lost track of what the fucking point is here, I'm more annoyed at the performance of our players over 90 minutes than the bad call from the officials at the death.

Look at it this way...... Piss on the performance all you like; you may be justified in doing so....

That doesn't mean the officiating shouldn't get key decisions right and that we shouldn't be sat on 3 points after tonight's game; regardless of if we stunk the place out or not.

Last edited:

Yep. We played football for maybe 20 minutes and scored twice.

Was it a dodgy decision? Yeah, but it happens. Had we decided to turn up for the previous 70 it's a game we win comfortably. Instead we wasted a whole half not even pressing, and then a good chunk of the second working out it's probably time to start trying.

This team baffles me. When it turns it on we can legitimately look good but it's always in incredibly frustrating short bursts. The amount of times we straight up do not turn up for a first half is so unbelievably unacceptable it goes beyond frustrating. Conte should be screaming at this lot before the game starts.

Relax mate it was a joke. Absolutely no offence was meant. Nothing you wrote annoyed me or I doubt annoyed anyone else either.
Look, I don't get it!
(I know this from my school days!)
How am I supposed to get along with xHamster if I'm too stupid to recognize what is a joke and what is truth!

(Lots of desperate people pave my way)

Have a good night and best regards
frankfurter

Back
Top Bottom