Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is totally on ENIC, it's clear that the brief from ENIC is to make top four at all costs, nothing else matters.
It's the rotten culture that's eaten the heart out of the club and left a hollow corporate husk where all we have to look forward too every season is making up the numbers in the CL and being bantered off.

Will people please for the love of God wake the fuck up?

Complete drivel.

They say don't win a cup with all it brings??? You really believe that???

Honestly listen to yourself.

Everything ultimately falls back on him and the owners.

All of the decisions

Kane has played with Richarlison in our last two league games? And in neither of them did Richarlison look even a distant relation to a 60 million PL forward.

When he was initially linked with us, I would wager 95% of Spurs fans didn’t want us to go next to near the guy. Why? Because they watched Premier League matches and saw with their own eyes that he was an average, mid table premier league striker. Nothing more, nothing less.

So my question is, why could our professional, highly paid scouts not see the above? It just doesn’t make sense. Spending 60 million on Richarlison just never, ever made sense. Similar to so many decisions made at Tottenham Hotspur football club.
The problem isn't the players so much as the direly shit tactics.

We play a man short in attack and do so with an ultra-conservative style.

Richarlison could easily be a 15-20 goal striker in another system more suited to his strengths.

Those poor travelling fans , pissing down with rain , freezing cold and watching a bunch of gutless , couldn’t give a shit players going through the motions .
Imagine the journey back from Sheffield after that . my heart goes out to them . The players should be ashamed of that shambolic performance . I don’t normally get angry after a game , but trust me , I’m fucking fuming . Another fantastic opportunity meekly given away

Sheff U did.

We have a few hundred million worth of players on the pitch... I doubt any of their squad would cost above 10m.
I genuinely believe the back 3 Sheffield United put out tonight is better than ours. I really, really do. Good chance their keeper is better than Forster too.

I also believe it could be argued their midfield 3 had better technical ability than Hojbjerg and Sarr.

Add all of the above together and it’s not a massive shock they beat us. They are key positions on the football pitch.

Whisper it.... But Ritchie ain't worth £60m.... no amount of Pigeon strutting can justify that fee!!

He was fucking annoying as an opponent, and people convinced themselves he's the type of player you want in your team... He's not, he's just a wind up merchant at best, without the goals to back it up....

He shoulda been at the Emirates tonight annoying the Gooners .... But instead he was wasting his evening and our hopes up at Bramell Lane....
I honestly think he’d be good under a pressing attacking manager

We just have no magic in team. Theres no player in team that has pace and is entertaining. I do think porro will come good but hes a right back. Dier, davies, sanchez, lloris, moira, perisic can all go. Not a knee jerk but average players. We need more stardust in team. Top 4 is just about acceptable come end of season. Need new ideas in summer and a coach with vitality and enthusiasm.

The ownership that still has Sanchez and Dier at the back?
Still no creative midfielder......

I mean if you are playing for an owner who has no ambition of winning, then its not surprising that rubs off of players and the coaches too.

I mean Jose got fire right before a final cup game!!!!

The same Dier that was part of a defence that kept out Man City and Chelsea and part of a team that kept 4 cleansheets in his last 6 games?

We didn't have to start Sanchez mate. The coach decided not to start our best centre back.. You know....the one our owner signed to replace Sanchez...

From 55 minutes on tonight, we stopped fighting, stopped matching them physically, stopped pressing and our work rate went to shit...it's not tactics, or quality, it was guts and fight and it was fucking disgusting. It's the bare minimum.

The useless bunch of bottling cunts should be fined a months wages and made to cover the ticket and travel costs of all the fans who travelled up. Sick and tired of all of them.

Sanchez and Dier. Both are fucken dogshit
I said months ago dier should not play for us again sanecwoth Sanchez. You could throw in davies as well. Yet some on here like them! Dier again instead of standing tall he just dies his usual no challenge stick leg out to block. What happens ball goes straight through big wide open gap between his legs. If he stands up then he blocks the shot.

It’s the way we play. I bet we didn’t dominate the possesion?
It's not even that. Or at least not just.

As a club, we don't take cups seriously. Our rise up the league table has hurt us in that regard.

It used to be that we took the cups seriously because it was our realistic shot at a trophy. And the league was focused on staying in Europe. But over the past decade we have been a top four regular so the league focus has shifted from just being in Europe to actually trying to compete for the title (badly but still). So cups have been devalued. Poch even said that domestic cups were just "ego dressing" or something like that and didn't matter. It was all about the league and CL.

Playing style also play a factor obviously. But we have a generation of players at Spurs, including the big names like Kane and Son, that have been told for about a decade that their focus should be on the "big stuff". And the FA cup is no longer considered that.

Honestly. We could probably actually get over our trophy drought if we just went back to saying that the focus in the league is on European qualification, and focused more on the cups, or EL or conference league if we end up there. The league is going to be hard enough to win as it is.

But we are not going to do that. We are lucky enough to play in a country that has 3 domestic trophies, and as a team we don't rate two of them as worth our time it seems.

Complete drivel.

They say don't win a cup with all it brings??? You really believe that???

Honestly listen to yourself.
The priority is the top four that's why we have made so many changes from the weekend.
It was always a gamble to go to a ground where we are historically shit with anything but our strongest 11.

If the brief from ENIC was to win trophies we would have treated this competition with the same respect we would treat a CL tie.

Back
Top Bottom