Right bed wetters, it's time to man up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want to say too much about our home crowds behaviour at times, but I will say, that watching us away amongst our away fans is very often much more intense than watching us at the lane.

Spurs could do with a home atmosphere, which is much more, if not abusive towards the opposition, then at least more, erhm, partisan :avbwtf:

You would be surprise how quick fear and negativity spread through a crowd. We need to replace that with a kind of drunken mentalism reserved for a warm Saturday night game during a bank holiday where the brickies has spiked every beer with Bolivian marching powder.
1. Buy tickets
2. Buy gak and beer
3. Go mental
4. Spend 90 minutes abusing the ref, the opposition, cheering every throw in like a goal.
What happens on the pitch now doesn't even matter, we show that we won't roll over.
If we don't, chances are, nor will they
Oi, Carl, are you auditioning for a job as a spokesman for 1882?

In reserved defense of American supporters.....I don't see how we have anything to do with climate at the ground or all the moaning on the talk radio. We aren't at the ground and we don't have call in shows.

We get up early and stay up late to watch our team play many thousands of miles away. Yes I have only been supporting the team since the beginning of the 2009-2010 season. This year I have missed roughly four matches because they weren't televised. I would not call myself plastic.

Yesterday listening to the Basel fans drown out WHL was frustrating.

Those of you that have the chance to go and be a part of the game week in and week out, consider yourselves truly lucky. If I could I would be there singing for every game.

My attitude as foreign supporter is not the problem. I'm taking nothing for granted. I get my first glimpse of WHL in the flesh against Sunderland at the end of the season. Whether we are gnawing at 3rd or scrambling at 6th I could care less, but I better not be the only one fucking standing.

P.S.
Carlito,
you are dead on.

That Ian Wright guys wife is fucking fat.

3BGgS9e.jpg

I've posted several times over the last coupe of weeks that I think the atmosphere at the Lane will be every bit as important as any personell or tactical changes that we could make. Obviously Bale and Lennon weren't what I was thinking of, but I think that if we had a fully fit squad playing in front of a nervous, twitchy, booey-at-half-time crowd we could easily get beaten by Everton (Fulham showed that). So conversely I see that the power of the crowd is so great that it can lift our weakened team to be much better than it looks on paper.

1882 would have to massively up its game to get me involved.
so you're not even going to go to the scum youth game? talk is cheap.

and for the record 1882 seems to have done pretty well without your beligerent and insular perspective, but I'm sure that they welcome anyone with open arms who is willing.

:dude:
:troll:

I'm going to make it real simple you borderline simpleton.

1. Buy tickets
2. Buy gak and beer
3. Go mental
4. Spend 90 minutes abusing the ref, the opposition, cheering every throw in like a goal.

What happens on the pitch now doesn't even matter, we show that we won't roll over.

If we don't, chances are, nor will they

All very well, but if we play like we did v Basle, and Everton dick us, then I reserve the right to complain, while all you Braveheart cunts twiddle your thumbs, whispering "come on you Spurs" into your facepalms.

Having read through this thread now I wholeheartedly support Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante sentiments as they mirror my own. (Apart from all the stuff about gak. Drugs are bad mmmkay)

All the hand wringing and anxiety and tactical analysis in the world counts for fuck all in the stands once you enter the ground. From then on it should be about pure, blind, loud support from start to finish. At the very least you leave feeling like you had a decent day out.

For whomever is blaming the influx of American or newbie supporters for the dip in atmosphere then that is a massive generalisation and quite insulting to some of the yanks on this site. I'm a season ticket holder in PL lower right in the corner and there a plenty of old Skool fans there that are happy to give it the biggun when the going is good but are really quick to moan when it isn't, targeting whichever individual player they've decided they don't like this year.

Fuck me, my dad's been going since the 60s and we sat together all through the mid to late 90s watching absolute shite and he's constantly moaning about how AVB is a shit manager. (Except when we went on the unbeaten run when suddenly he was actually not so bad) Really winds me up and it's a shame to say it but I'm glad he's not at the lane polluting the atmosphere with his fickle support.

jimmyriggle

The point I think some people are missing is that sometimes, certain fans are moaner's and other times they are'nt. I accept that there are people who moan regardless but thats life.

I dont believe that its only exactly the same people moaning every game.

Take last season for example, a hell of alot of people chanting "support the club and everything will be great" were fucking rabid foaming idiots when the going got tough.

You agree with Carlito Brigante and his "get behind the team no matter what" attitude, yet this very season, he advocated booing the team, and called for AVB to be sacked.

Point is, will all these people still have the same attitude if we play shit for the rest of the season and come 6th? No, they will be fuming and naming all the players "we need to sell".

Back
Top Bottom