Right bed wetters, it's time to man up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are some people who just seem to want to say 'this isn't good enough' no matter what is going on.

On here after about 40 mins of the Swansea game somebody (I genuinely can't remember who) complained about our inability to close a game out... It wasn't even half time and we were 2-0 up away from home!

In the first half of the Fulham game caulker was on the half way line jogging back towards his own goal when the ball was played to him. The groan that went uup all around the ground when he played it to Lloris was incredible. If he had trapped the ball and had it pinched by an attacker that then had a clean run through on goal, maybe a groan is justified. Not when because he played the way he was facing.

Same game, Ade was out towards the right hand side underneath a long clearance by dawson, no other spurs within 15-20yds. The defender comes across to challenge for the ball and without really jumping for the ball Ade lets him head it out of play for a throw to us half way in their half. Cue derision from the stands, the same derision that would have come if he had flicked it on to nobody, when in actual fact we had gained significant territory.

I don't know what I'm trying to say. I just get wound up by these cunts that have an thought, then spend 90 mins just waiting for somebody to do something wrong that proves they were right all along.

:avbnaa: :balesnarl: :adestare: :kaboul: :hudd: :llorisserious: :parkerhmm:

:sandro:

On top of that is the total and absolute immunity they give to a favourite, so when Bale does fuck all, he still gets a 7, because he played well last week.

Yet Brad will get a 3 for not coming off his line enough, despite making 4 saves that won us points.

On top of that is the total and absolute immunity they give to a favourite, so when Bale does fuck all, he still gets a 7, because he played well last week.

Yet Brad will get a 3 for not coming off his line enough, despite making 4 saves that won us points.

Though you have a point. But then favourites are favourites, this is simply showing that Human beings have emotion, and it effects their viewpoint.

Yes if you want to justify something negative then I suppose you could.

Blind favourtism is also negative, as players who do well, but are not in the golden boy club will never get recognition for a good performance. People will dwell on the things they did wrong (Ade missing the first chance but scoring the second for example).

Coupled with a favourite playing absolute shit, but getting a standing ovation when taking a corner...

It might be human nature, but its not helping....like booing.

Blind favourtism is also negative, as players who do well, but are not in the golden boy club will never get recognition for a good performance. People will dwell on the things they did wrong (Ade missing the first chance but scoring the second for example).

Coupled with a favourite playing absolute shit, but getting a standing ovation when taking a corner...

It might be human nature, but its not helping....like booing.

I don't think it's as harmful as booing though. And Ade isn't getting recognition for things not because he isn't a favourite, but because people can't look past the Woolwich connection.

..not because he isn't a favourite, but because people can't look past the Woolwich connection.

One and the same thing to be honest. It will have the same effect as Naughton getting sighs of derision, and Vertonghen getting his name sung, despite being at fault for both goals v Basle.

The first goal was Sunday league defending from Jan, yet Ive heard not one person bring it up. The second was a perfect flick on by Jan to their striker, yet Naughton gets the blame.....again.

Naughton actually had a good couple of efforts, didnt have a bad game, but he's becoming a new scapegoat.

I'm as negative as the next cunt but this is the time we show what were made of.

We're Spurs fans for fucks sake. We don't melt.

You über positive wanks have gone all jelly fish on me and I'm not having it.

Remember 3 seasons ago, injuries meant hudd and modric in the middle, rose at left back, Kaboul on the right.

Look what happened, we had a minging run in and beat Woolwich and Chelsea to take forth.

Stand firm Tottenham.

True. Let's sing up for the team and AVB before we score, when they need it. I can imagine collective confidence has taken a dent of late. It's our job to help restore it.

One and the same thing to be honest. It will have the same effect as Naughton getting sighs of derision, and Vertonghen getting his name sung, despite being at fault for both goals v Basle.

Better they sing his name than booing, it's not as if people are rewarding his mistakes. They shouldn't be booing Naughton either.

The first goal was Sunday league defending from Jan, yet Ive heard not one person bring it up. The second was a perfect flick on by Jan to their striker, yet Naughton gets the blame.....again.

Have a look at the ratings thread, plenty of 5 and sub 5 ratings for Vertonghen. He had an awful game, but then so did the whole defence. It's not really fair to scapegoat any of them. Maybe an argument could be made that Gallas disrupts the defence more than he helps it.

Back
Top Bottom