Right bed wetters, it's time to man up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The OP could have been completely directed at the utter chump who sits near me in PL lower I heard grumbling on the way out today.

First off. We're applauding huddlestone when he came over and he goes 'don't know why people are clapping I didn't see him do one thing when he came on.'

Then it was all. 'Thats it now its over. We've blown 4th place'

And finally 'Everton are fucking shit. We should have battered them with an average side.'

Now he clearly was a simpleton, but even so he's not the only one who comes to games with this attitude. I was biting my lip so hard not to call him a cunt and tell him to fuck off and give his season ticket to someone who'll actually support the team and not throw in the towel with 6 games to go like an utter melter.

Really really really does my head in

I thought Hudd looked decent

He did. The only problem with Thudd is that he needs a lot of games to get his fitness up to the level it should be and I can't see him pushing for a starting place this season. I also think that we will try and build our midfield around more 'complete' players over the coming years, players that can tackle, pick a pass and are comfortable on/running with the ball. Dembele is a great example, Sandro too - I also wonder if this is something Parker recognises too and he is trying to add an attacking element to his game. To get to that level Thudd has to get the fittest he has ever been and then start to work on other areas of his game.

I hope he does because at times he has been excellent for us.

:hudd:

Dembele is a beast and technically very gifted of that there is no question. If you think all Hudd is lacking is fitness (I agree he is talented) then why aren't the backroom staff whipping him into shape? Surely we have fitness coaches / trainers coming out of our ears that could be dedicated to getting him into a lean, mean, fighting machine? Or are they resigned to getting rid?

He did. The only problem with Thudd is that he needs a lot of games to get his fitness up to the level it should be and I can't see him pushing for a starting place this season. I also think that we will try and build our midfield around more 'complete' players over the coming years, players that can tackle, pick a pass and are comfortable on/running with the ball. Dembele is a great example, Sandro too - I also wonder if this is something Parker recognises too and he is trying to add an attacking element to his game. To get to that level Thudd has to get the fittest he has ever been and then start to work on other areas of his game.

I hope he does because at times he has been excellent for us.

:hudd:

He's still fairly young, he's never going to be the quickest so slowing down with age won't harm him too much, he just needs to know his game and be used effectively in a role that suits him. He's not a ball winner, he's a passer, a fucking good one. He did exactly what was needed yesterday which was to play good balls and stretch Everton. Hopefully he can build on that.

Some of the balls THudd was pinging cross-field yesterday were reminiscent of Hoddle, yeah, I said it!
Shame he was greeted by 'Boos' though I realise that was more to do with Dembele coming off (rather than, I assume, Parker/Dempsey?)
THudd did everything asked of him yesterday, and considering it was his first outing in a while, left me strangely optimistic that IF AVB decides to pack the midfield until Bale/Lennon are back, then he could do a lot worse than a Dembele/Holtby/THudd axis, and give Parker a breather, 'cos fuck me he looked like he needed it!

BTW, does anyone else think Parker is kinda the midfield equivalent of Dawson at the back...? all British Bulldog, old school commitment and honest endeavour, (nothing wrong with that at all, don't get me wrong) But they're both just missing that little bit of 'world class' quality that separates the Top 3/4 and the rest...? 'jus sayin'!

The number of divering opinions on particulary Parker and Huddlestone are very interesting to say the least, each for their own reasons.

However with injuries and all these EL games coming up, it is probably safe to say, that both Parker and Huddlestone will get to play important roles in those final games.

Back
Top Bottom