Right bed wetters, it's time to man up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so this thread is not full of tips to teach me how to stop wetting the bed ? Very dissapointing.
Rubber_bands_-_Colors_-_Studio_photo_2011.jpg

Felt like shit last night after the game, was sure that we were fucked.

After sleeping on it I've got to say I don't feel too bad now. We were saying all season that we weren't a one-man team and that people on the outside looking in don't know what they're talking about; well now it's time to prove it. Lennon will be a huge miss, but as has been said in this thread already, we can potentially swap to a more conventional 4-3-3 system and really put our squad to the test.

At the end of the day, if the lads aren't up to the challenge then that's that. Every game starts with 11 v 11, and we could surprise some people on the way. We've been in shitty situations before - we'll just have to grit our teeth and hope for the best.

Come on Tottenham, I believe.

AVB doing a tactical Harry. Defoe, Lennon and Bale out, and two of the worst performances of the season in our last four games.

Dempsey, Siggy and Holtby dont have the mental or physical strength, or even the skill to see us through.

Ade improving, but offering little threat, and we lack leadership and drive. Need more from Dembele.

Rallying cries are commendable, but I feel the season is over.

To those hating on my post, instead of being all happy clappy and just neg repping me for a feeling, why not respond and discuss what you disagree with in the above post?

You think AVBs tactics and team selections are not resembling the madness of some of Redknapps decisions at this stage last season? Explain.

You think Dempsey, Siggy and Holtby can fire us to a top 4 finish? Explain.

You think Ade is not improving? Or you disagree that he is still offering too little up front?

You think our leadership on the pitch is driving us forward? Explain where.

You wouldnt like to see more from Dembele in terms of goals and assists?

You dont think that rallying cries are commendable? Why.

Oh, me feeling "the seasons over" wasnt Spursy enough for you.

:defoe:

To those hating on my post, instead of being all happy clappy and just neg repping me for a feeling, why not respond and discuss what you disagree with in the above post?

You think AVBs tactics and team selections are not resembling the madness of some of Redknapps decisions at this stage last season? Explain.

You think Ade is not improving? Or you disagree that he is still offering too little up front?

Once again meltdown you are completely missing the point.

Your opinion on whether its over or not is completely unimportant.

The point is, giving up and whinging like bitches is about as Spursy as Ian Wrights fat wife. We don't melt, we don't back down.

Now we make sure every seat is filled, we don't get all nervous in the ground and we act like every game is a final we are bang up for. It should be compulsory that ten pints are consumed before entry.

You moan when things are going well because the best isn't good enough. When the shit hits the fan, that's when you man up and show your metal.

We go down, we go down fighting

Your opinion on whether its over or not is completely unimportant.

I know, which is why I dont understand being neg repped for it.

Im not going to pretend to myslef we are not going to suffer without Bale and Lennon, and we are going to spank Everton.
Or that Defoe being out, and AVB's tactics along with some of the recent performances is not a worry.
Or that still having to play Chelsea and City is not a massive hurdle and that even IF we beat Basle we will progress further.

Its not moaning, its just what I think. Its all very well saying lets go down fighting as fans, but that doesnt make Holtby as good as Bale.

Its not moaning, its just what I think. Its all very well saying lets go down fighting as fans, but that doesnt make Holtby as good as Bale.

He doesn't need to be, if he plays he just needs to work the role assigned to him. We have been saying since January that we aren't a one man team, now for a brief time the team has the chance to show that.
I think it's fair to say that the team have been relying on Bale a little too much and waiting for him to do something. This might be the kick up the jacksy that the rest of them need.

Why man up when ''we" can bicker over the semantics of supporting culture until the moon turns blue. There are still people in the stands, there are still players in the shirt, what more do we need? Fuck there's still a cockerel on the roof! Well pumped for the run-in, come rain or sunshine.

He doesn't need to be, if he plays he just needs to work the role assigned to him. We have been saying since January that we aren't a one man team, now for a brief time the team has the chance to show that.
I think it's fair to say that the team have been relying on Bale a little too much and waiting for him to do something. This might be the kick up the jacksy that the rest of them need.

Id consider losing what some people considered to be the best player in the PL, and possibly in europe on current form, and replacing him with Lewis Holtby as a severe kick in the bollox more than a needed kick up the backside.

We are not a one man team. But Lennon could also be out, to be replaced by Siggurdsson probably. Massive blow.

Defoe is out, cutting our already shite options up front down even more, and Dempsey has played about an hour in 5 weeks (not to mention is also shit)

Four of the starting eleven, the front four at that, are not good enough. (Ade's form not talent)

That is 7 men who I think are good enough, so of course we are not a one man team. But you dont get third with seven men.

Be as optimistic as you want, I think thats great. But like I said, Im not going to pretend Im not bothered by it.

Even Ironside gets it. I reckon we A team up your wheels to include firework launchers. And to release a massive Bill Nicholson flag at kick off.

I know, which is why I dont understand being neg repped for it.

Im not going to pretend to myslef we are not going to suffer without Bale and Lennon, and we are going to spank Everton.
Or that Defoe being out, and AVB's tactics along with some of the recent performances is not a worry.
Or that still having to play Chelsea and City is not a massive hurdle and that even IF we beat Basle we will progress further.

You would be surprise how quick fear and negativity spread through a crowd. We need to replace that with a kind of drunken mentalism reserved for a warm Saturday night game during a bank holiday where the brickies has spiked every beer with Bolivian marching powder.

Even Ironside gets it. I reckon we A team up your wheels to include firework launchers. And to release a massive Bill Nicholson flag at kick off.

Whats there to "get". Im up for the "challenge" of getting behind the team....been doing that since 1986!

But getting all riled up on a forum is not going to make Dempsey fast, strong, creative and energetic. Or Holtby look like a player who plays for a top half team. Or stop AVB playing tactical russian roulette.

Maybe pin on the dressing room door or something, I dunno. Just not sure what we are meant to be doing here. Shouting "YEEEEEEEAHH, lets DO IT!!!!" ?

How does that improve the team without Bale and Lennon?

You would be surprise how quick fear and negativity spread through a crowd. We need to replace that with a kind of drunken mentalism reserved for a warm Saturday night game during a bank holiday where the brickies has spiked every beer with Bolivian marching powder.

Yeah, I get the vibes from the crowd spreading, but anxiety is not the reason players are playing like muppets. Its injuries and absurd management.

Our squad is not strong enough for the players we have out imo

That is 7 men who I think are good enough, so of course we are not a one man team. But you dont get third with seven men.

Be as optimistic as you want, I think thats great. But like I said, Im not going to pretend Im not bothered by it.

It's not about optimism, it's about adaptability. The team needs to adapt to these losses in playing staff, it's no sense in moaning about it. Yes it's disappointing that the team will be without key players. But the ones coming in really aren't that bad, and the fans need to support them and cheer them on. We might be getting down to the bones of the squad, but whatever team we put out, we will have put out worse in the 90's and they would have still got the support.

As the great Mikey Hazard tweeted, we won the UEFA Cup Final in '84 without Perryman, Hoddle, Clemence and Crooks (and Ardiles was a sub). Now is the time for the squad to step and up and for AVB to step up and show that he has a solid plan B. A plan B that the opposition will not know how to prepare for.

COYS!!!!

Whats there to "get". Im up for the "challenge" of getting behind the team....been doing that since 1986!

But getting all riled up of a forum is not going to make Dempsey fast, strong, creative and energetic. Or Holtby look like a player who plays for a top half team. Or stop AVB playing tactical russian roulette.

Maybe pin on the dressing room door or something, I dunno. Just not sure what we are meant to be doing here. Shouting "YEEEEEEEAHH, lets DO IT!!!!" ?

How does that improve the team without Bale and Lennon?

I'm going to make it real simple you borderline simpleton.

1. Buy tickets
2. Buy gak and beer
3. Go mental
4. Spend 90 minutes abusing the ref, the opposition, cheering every throw in like a goal.

What happens on the pitch now doesn't even matter, we show that we won't roll over.

If we don't, chances are, nor will they

It's not about optimism, it's about adaptability. The team needs to adapt to these losses in playing staff, it's no sense in moaning about it. Yes it's disappointing that the team will be without key players. But the ones coming in really aren't that bad, and the fans need to support them and cheer them on. We might be getting down to the bones of the squad, but whatever team we put out, we will have put out worse in the 90's and they would have still got the support.

Im not moaning, and I know the team is better than the 90's.
I know the team must adapt, but IMO, the players who need to step up are not good enough. OF COURSE I will support them with all my heart, but it doesnt change anything in real life.

Big teams suffer when big players are out. We have lost two.

We are not at the game, so my "negative energy" will not seep through TFC to the players. If I was at WHL on Sunday, Id be rallying like fuck. But here, Im just saying what I believe about the capabilities of the the stand in players, the manager's problem solving and the games left to play.

No, go away

Back
Top Bottom