Pre-Season 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's the Richarlison goal where a Lion City defender tries to head back to his keeper and Richarlison pounces on it, and I remember thinking, "well it works against defenders from Singapore, but that would never happen in the Premier League", but then I remembered Dier did it twice against Salah.

If you had instead said “PL caliber defenders” you would have been absolutely correct

Barcelona beat Madrid 3-0, that game is going to be VERY interesting. Hope we get the LCB sorted before it happens.
Wasn't a 3-0 game , Madrid had enough chances to win.
Was a great watch for a friendly.

It all seems a strange pre season really we should and could still be away playing a game. Dont understand why we have come back and dont play until next Saturday
Ange worked them very hard while on tour, with a ton of double sessions, so maybe it's a fitness decision, the schedule is a bit strange though.

It all seems a strange pre season really we should and could still be away playing a game. Dont understand why we have come back and dont play until next Saturday

Wouldn't surprise me if there is another pre-season game mid week - maybe behind closed doors to allow Ange to try out a few different tactics/set pieces , youth players whatever.

People seem to be in good spirits despite all the mess around the club. It's really nice to see Bentancur again with everyone, though obviously he still has a ton more rehabilitation work to do.

Ange needs to be ruthless this week and tell those that are not making his squad and leave them in no doubt that they will not be in the squad as he cannot fit them all in. Just play those in the squad now as we only have 2 weeks to PL KO.

People seem to be in good spirits despite all the mess around the club. It's really nice to see Bentancur again with everyone, though obviously he still has a ton more rehabilitation work to do.

Skippy the most miserable, sell him asap

Looks like all the other players got the memo to smile to the cameras

Ange needs to be ruthless this week and tell those that are not making his squad and leave them in no doubt that they will not be in the squad as he cannot fit them all in. Just play those in the squad now as we only have 2 weeks to PL KO.
I assume the players who were not in the 22 chosen for the match squads get the hint.

I think Kane (unless he publicly comes out saying he's here for at least another season) should be one of those.

Is there a reason why there is a massive gap between the Lion City and Shakhtar games? I thought they would have tried to squeeze another game in. They haven't had many games before the season.

The players need to be working on intense fitness training. Pre season games are an unwanted distraction to coaches. The travel, press events and marketing does nothing to help the players get fit.

It takes 6 weeks for the players to achieve peak fitness. I'd actually be surprised if Son, Dier will be fit for our opening game.

The players need to be working on intense fitness training. Pre season games are an unwanted distraction to coaches. The travel, press events and marketing does nothing to help the players get fit.

It takes 6 weeks for the players to achieve peak fitness. I'd actually be surprised if Son, Dier will be fit for our opening game.

I agree that travel, press events and marketing would be a distraction but I disagree with games. If there is 6 weeks of preseason, I'd play 5 games to see if they players can implement tactical plans into games. I think Tottenham are a game short of that this preseason.

Back
Top Bottom