Pre-Season 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People seem to be in good spirits despite all the mess around the club. It's really nice to see Bentancur again with everyone, though obviously he still has a ton more rehabilitation work to do.

Emerson is a dude. I don't understand the hate in some sections of the fan base. Conte tried to re-purpose him into something he isn't. But he is a fine defender and there is a future for him here. Plus his attitude has always been first class.

And nice to see Yves enjoying his football again. It must have been soul-destroying under Conte (and Mourinho).

Emerson is a dude. I don't understand the hate in some sections of the fan base. Conte tried to re-purpose him into something he isn't. But he is a fine defender and there is a future for him here. Plus his attitude has always been first class.

And nice to see Yves enjoying his football again. It must have been soul-destroying under Conte (and Mourinho).
Agree but he was a horrendous wing back? Not an attacking bone is his body. On Conte not him but it was so frustrating watching out attacks fizzle
Out

Agree but he was a horrendous wing back? Not an attacking bone is his body. On Conte not him but it was so frustrating watching out attacks fizzle
Out

Out?

That's terribly harsh. He's not a wing back as you point out.

As a RB or even a RCB he's outstanding. If Ange sees him in those roles then he's a definite keep.

Last edited:

How could they have been so stupid, travelling to the US during tropical storm season?🤔

But the game went ahead......in what looks to be baking hot sunshine. :nunothumb:

It's fine though, you keep defending the decision to go somewhere in the middle of their regular as clockwork monsoon season where it downpours every day. Good job mate.

How many pre season games have Villa and Brentford played and against what kind of opposition compared to our 2 games against a West Sham B team and the Singapore Sailing team? :ange-hmm:

But the game went ahead......in what looks to be baking hot sunshine. :nunothumb:

It's fine though, you keep defending the decision to go somewhere in the middle of their regular as clockwork monsoon season where it downpours every day. Good job mate.

How many pre season games have Villa and Brentford played and against what kind of opposition compared to our 2 games against a West Sham B team and the Singapore Sailing team? :ange-hmm:

Yeah cause the tropical storm didn't hit during the game, weird, almost like it's down to luck or something.
Man City and Atletico in Singapore got delayed by 30 minutes due to rain, luckily for them it also eventually went ahead, maybe weather conditions are actually just down to luck, crazy.

Yeah cause the tropical storm didn't hit during the game, weird, almost like it's down to luck or something.
Man City and Atletico in Singapore got delayed by 30 minutes due to rain, luckily for them it also eventually went ahead, maybe weather conditions are actually just down to luck, crazy.

The monsoon season in Bangkok usually starts around late June and continues to early October. During its peak in July and August, there are often intense afternoon and evening downpours, with flash flooding not uncommon as the rainwater channels through the streets looking for a place to escape.

I saw a video where a Spurs fan who actually lives in Bangkok said he was shocked Spurs agreed to play a game there during the monsoon season because every local knows that it always downpours at a certain time every evening

You talk about luck, how about paying attention/doing some research and not doing something where the odds are firmly against you.

It was our game that got cancelled, our pre season opponents have been pathetic, we still have a bloated squad, no central defenders signed, our best player's future hasn't been resolved, and our owner has been indicted..........yep, I guess you believe it's all down to luck and we are just unlucky or something

If we were just looking for cash, we'd have done what a team like Man Utd have done this pre season which would have been to travel five different counties doing some big international tour. Brings us tons of travel, lots of commercial revenue but would that really have been the best thing for the players? Probably not.

Instead, our preseason tour was designed to be as quick as possible. Ange had about 2 weeks on the training pitch, then straight out to Australia/Asia for 3 matches to test things out, and then back to England for more time on the training pitch, with one game at home and a quick jaunt across to Barca to test the players out away against quality opposition.

The goal was to give Ange the maximum amount of time on the training field, and the players the minimum amount of unnecessary travel time. The Roma and Leicester games going wrong was unfortunate, but aside from that, the planning was pretty faultless - monsoon season aside.

Shame the same cannot be said about our transfer window.

Last edited:
The monsoon season in Bangkok usually starts around late June and continues to early October. During its peak in July and August, there are often intense afternoon and evening downpours, with flash flooding not uncommon as the rainwater channels through the streets looking for a place to escape.

I saw a video where a Spurs fan who actually lives in Bangkok said he was shocked Spurs agreed to play a game there during the monsoon season because every local knows that it always downpours at a certain time every evening

You talk about luck, how about paying attention/doing some research and not doing something where the odds are firmly against you.

It was our game that got cancelled, our pre season opponents have been pathetic, we still have a bloated squad, no central defenders signed, our best player's future hasn't been resolved, and our owner has been indicted..........yep, I guess you believe it's all down to luck and we are just unlucky or something
There being monsoons doesn't mean that they happen constantly to that degree, they're starting their season in two weeks, and it's not because they're stupid.

The rest of the bolded is literally irrelevant.

The point is that adverse weather conditions can happen anywhere, at any time.

Having seen some of our oppo's pre-season schedules I have to say I feel ours is probably a little undercooked. Not helped by the cancellation, but even then, the quality that we've faced is low. It feels a little concerning. Hope it's nothing to worry about and the tactics/system are embedded well enough on the training ground and transfer effectively to the real deal of the Premier League.

Downpours most nights is true but they usually pass in 20-30 mins. Teams go to SE Asia every year, can't believe people are still discussing this 😆

Having seen some of our oppo's pre-season schedules I have to say I feel ours is probably a little undercooked. Not helped by the cancellation, but even then, the quality that we've faced is low. It feels a little concerning. Hope it's nothing to worry about and the tactics/system are embedded well enough on the training ground and transfer effectively to the real deal of the Premier League.
I think we've underprepared, but I think Newcastle and Villa overprepared. They've essentially started playing Premier League football in July, and they'll be playing European football, I forsee a lot of injuries for both.

Roma pulled out, we played the Sailors instead. That and the cancellation really screwed us over

It was more bad luck than anything- if the game was the day before or the day after the game would have played and as previously stated Man Utd and Liverpool played there exactly a year ago

Not seen much training stuff this week yet.

Want more Ange.

I'm trying to avoid all the whinging about the lack of transfers but it does seem the entire club are on a mid-preseason break!

Not seen much training stuff this week yet.

Want more Ange.

I'm trying to avoid all the whinging about the lack of transfers but it does seem the entire club are on a mid-preseason break!

Here is a Richy goal in training for you :richlips:

That channel has some up to date short clips from training

Back
Top Bottom