Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck has it got to do with Football.
Could have something to do with all the black players out there who have experienced similar shit in England that led to the BLM in the USA. Just a thought for your 68 year old mind to ponder. You seem pretty worked up over this and just had to make sure everyone knew you opinion on matters didnt ya?

I'd like to see us play the non-league teams around north London. Barnet, Borehamwood, Enfield, Haringey Borough etc.
Put it TV and give them the rights/ad revenue from it, a lot of these clubs are going to need help just to exist.

Missed the game today so came to have a read of the thread and got yet another discussion on black lives matter.

Some people will be pleased we continue to talk about it and some won't.

For me, I'd like Tottenham to be totally divorced from politics. I watch football to forget the constant deluge of shit that is real life

Mitigating circumstances aside, I think that first half showed why a lot of people were excited with Hojbjerg. Not an otherworldly signing or player, but provides a lot of what the team has been missing the past couple years. Very good at shuttling the ball through to the attackers, not afraid to receive the ball, solid defensive presence, good at pressing and winning the ball back. Just a solid overall central midfielder and a clear upgrade over Sissoko and Winks in the middle of the park.

Wake up to what exactly?

Right I'm going to speak some home truths here as I've had enough of this kneeling as well.

It's fucking cringe at this point, the point was made weeks ago.

Amazes me that people feel the need to continue to kneel for a career criminal whose death was most likely caused more by the huge dose of Fentanyl in his body than the knee on his kneck. And was saying he couldn't breath long before he was put on the floor.
It was manslaughter at best but zero evidence whatsoever that it was racially motivated

Imagine the riots that would be going on now if Cannon Hinnant was black and had been shot by a white man, every city in the Western world would now be burning and that is all you would see on every single news channel.
But because he was a white kid shot by a black man, nothing, nada, zero fucks given by the virtue signalling crowd.

But instead lets keep kneeling for George Floyd to show our humanity.

Fucked up world we live in. And before any bleeding hearts respond I couldn't give a fuck so save your breath.

Kneeling started well before George Floyd. Kapernik did it in 2016 or -17, years before that particular incident, and it has been done by many others since then to show support for the anti-racism and/or black lives matter movement.

So no, they aren't simply kneeling for GF. They are kneeling against structural racism, which is a fine cause whatever you think about GF.

Continue to like what I see of Bergwijn too.

He's very good in tight spaces with the ball and I actually think he's one of the best players in our squad when it comes to decision making. Supreme first touch too.

Just needs that run of games. Think he can be a big player for us next season.

I don't like all these pre season wins...........

Takes me back to 2008 when we demolished everyone in preseason and then started our premier league campaign with 2 points from the first 8 games.....

Back
Top Bottom