Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent run out today for a few first team players and a number of youngsters.

On Monday I'd guess most of the rest of the first team squad will be back.

Next freindlies are next Friday 28 August we face Championship side, Reading and a day later Birmingham City, on Saturday 29 August.

I guess we'll want to give most of the first team players 60 minutes or maybe a full 90 in one of those matches with youngsters getting the other minutes - a further chance for JM to assess them against EFL opposition.

IMO we may well see Dennis Cirkin, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Harvey White, Jamie Bowden and one or two other youngsters in the early rounds of League Cup and Europa League as in the first month or two of the season we are playing 2 or even sometimes 3 times a week and will need the youngsters to rest some of the first team players with the opposition often no better than Ipswich, Reading or Birmingham.

The domestic Transfer Window (ending mid October) may well mean that in the first part of October a couple of the youngsters then go to other clubs.

Wake up to what exactly?

Right I'm going to speak some home truths here as I've had enough of this kneeling as well.

It's fucking cringe at this point, the point was made weeks ago.

Amazes me that people feel the need to continue to kneel for a career criminal whose death was most likely caused more by the huge dose of Fentanyl in his body than the knee on his kneck. And was saying he couldn't breath long before he was put on the floor.
It was manslaughter at best but zero evidence whatsoever that it was racially motivated

Imagine the riots that would be going on now if Cannon Hinnant was black and had been shot by a white man, every city in the Western world would now be burning and that is all you would see on every single news channel.
But because he was a white kid shot by a black man, nothing, nada, zero fucks given by the virtue signalling crowd.

But instead lets keep kneeling for George Floyd to show our humanity.

Fucked up world we live in. And before any bleeding hearts respond I couldn't give a fuck so save your breath.

Goes to show this club does have bigots within. No club is immune to stupidity.

Edit: this is in response to this poster as well as the long thread of Rudiger where people were saying there were no racists in this club.

Cannon Hinnant is a tragic story, but your anger and blatant bigotry is missing the point of the movement. This isn't a George Floyd specific issue. This is a systemic issue that your ignorance has chosen to ignore.

Last edited:
I wont save my breath.

If you're going to post shit like this, expect to be called out.

You ever post on this forum again I will find you and beat you to death with your fat mums dildo.

Do you understand?

Good. Now fuck off.
Tad aggressive. You'll notice that very few people had any issues with Kick it Out or get racism out of football.

You are not automatically racist if you do not support BLM - it is literally a neo marxist, segregationist, black supremacist movement that is completely divorced from racial justice.

But if you are geared to violent revolution and physical assaults for opinions, which you clearly seem to be, I guess they are more attractive to you.

Yet as we saw when Dele racially joked about an Asian man - actual racism is not a problem for most football supporters, only this very new brand of Americentric slavery focused Black vs White "inequity" struggle seems to actually matter. Like two S/E Asian Brits (out of like 5 million pop) in the entire PL or whatever - not an issue. No Black billionaires own clubs? Huge issue.

I might agree with you on every specific issue you bring up about racial inequality... but the way you frame it is not only dishonest (and objectively false) but hugely damaging to whatever cause you are championing.

Goes to show this club does have bigots within. No club is immune to stupidity.

Edit: this is in response to this poster as well as the long thread of Rudiger where people were saying there were no racists in this club.

Cannon Hinnant is a tragic story, but your anger and blatant bigotry is missing the point of the movement. This isn't a George Floyd specific issue. This is a systemic issue that your ignorance has chosen to ignore.

Stunning and brave.

People like yourself are the reason we can no longer have adult conversations about things that matter in this country as everyone is afraid of being called a bigot.

Not me, I have a big bullshit radar

Wake up to what exactly?

Right I'm going to speak some home truths here as I've had enough of this kneeling as well.

It's fucking cringe at this point, the point was made weeks ago.

Amazes me that people feel the need to continue to kneel for a career criminal whose death was most likely caused more by the huge dose of Fentanyl in his body than the knee on his kneck. And was saying he couldn't breath long before he was put on the floor.
It was manslaughter at best but zero evidence whatsoever that it was racially motivated

Imagine the riots that would be going on now if Cannon Hinnant was black and had been shot by a white man, every city in the Western world would now be burning and that is all you would see on every single news channel.
But because he was a white kid shot by a black man, nothing, nada, zero fucks given by the virtue signalling crowd.

But instead lets keep kneeling for George Floyd to show our humanity.

Fucked up world we live in. And before any bleeding hearts respond I couldn't give a fuck so save your breath.

Kneeling started well before George Floyd. Kapernik did it in 2016 or -17, years before that particular incident, and it has been done by many others since then to show support for the anti-racism and/or black lives matter movement.

So no, they aren't simply kneeling for GF. They are kneeling against structural racism, which is a fine cause whatever you think about GF.

Kneeling started well before George Floyd. Kapernik did it in 2016 or -17, years before that particular incident, and it has been done by many others since then to show support for the anti-racism and/or black lives matter movement.

So no, they aren't simply kneeling for GF. They are kneeling against structural racism, which is a fine cause whatever you think about GF.

Kapernick has got fuck all to do with the UK.
In case you didn't notice we are thousands of miles away.

How many black men have died in custody due to police brutality in the UK in the past year? 10 years?

Black gloves in the 70s?

Just checked the 68 Olympics!

Stunning and brave.

People like yourself are the reason we can no longer have adult conversations about things that matter in this country as everyone is afraid of being called a bigot.

Not me, I have a big bullshit radar

I'm willing to have a conversation, but you rely on hate and privilege and it's like talking to a brick wall. Remind me of my uncle. Are you my uncle?

I'm willing to have a conversation, but you rely on hate and privilege and it's like talking to a brick wall. Remind me of my uncle. Are you my uncle?
Yes the amazing amount of love and empathy on view by great BLM supporters like cretinousgoat has been incredible.

Don't pretend to be open to honest conversation while pre emptively blaming him for racial inequity by using words like privilege (collectivist language used to undermine objective facts with subjective feeling) and suggesting he is reliant on hate.

Please, be honest and open with your beliefs, don't pretend you're open minded in the same sentence as you pre emptively dismiss an argument not even made.

Back
Top Bottom