Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was a very nice touch. Has looked lost for the majority of the half, but showed something there
"Lost" is a bit harsh.

I actually like his positioning and ideas, I think he's just shown a good deal of rust. Basically, he is trying to do the right thing but he can't always execute on it.

There's a player there.

By the way, it happened a while ago but Gedson made a really nice looking tackle in the box.

He's been impressive.
He needs more confidence to deliver the final ball you would actually expect from a RB. But it's his first "game" in the position - there are good signs.

By the way, it happened a while ago but Gedson made a really nice looking tackle in the box.

He's been impressive.

I haven't been fully impressed by his time.

That tackle is also not what you do in the box. A hook slide vs a push slide. He hooked it right into the box and their player came onto it and shot. If he is going to slide there he needs to push the ball out of play.

He needs more confidence to deliver the final ball you would actually expect from a RB. But it's his first "game" in the position - there are good signs.
Agreed. Maybe I should have been slightly more clear. I'm "impressed" in the sense that I think he could work there for us at some point. Maybe not a starter in PL matches against the big boys, but certainly could start for us in EL matches.

Frankly I thought he was a player who had no future at all with us and didn't really have a position, but he seems to work at RB. Hopefully he gets more comfortable with the final ball.

I haven't been fully impressed by his time.

That tackle is also not what you do in the box. A hook slide vs a push slide. He hooked it right into the box and their player came onto it and shot. If he is going to slide there he needs to push the ball out of play.

It's his first game for us at RB and he put in a well-timed tackle to break up the play. Maybe he can get a break on what style of tackle he put in.

Second Half;

- CCV is huge, could see him playing for us
- Can see why Mourinho likes Cirkin, solid and for his age is well built
- Gedson decent tackling and intercepting the ball
- Clarke has something but need a loan where he will play

All in all, pretty good

Hope Hojbjerg is fine after that naughty tackle on him, would be our luck he does his ACL

Back
Top Bottom