Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wont save my breath.

If you're going to post shit like this, expect to be called out.

You ever post on this forum again I will find you and beat you to death with your fat mums dildo.

Do you understand?

Good. Now fuck off.
Tad aggressive. You'll notice that very few people had any issues with Kick it Out or get racism out of football.

You are not automatically racist if you do not support BLM - it is literally a neo marxist, segregationist, black supremacist movement that is completely divorced from racial justice.

But if you are geared to violent revolution and physical assaults for opinions, which you clearly seem to be, I guess they are more attractive to you.

Yet as we saw when Dele racially joked about an Asian man - actual racism is not a problem for most football supporters, only this very new brand of Americentric slavery focused Black vs White "inequity" struggle seems to actually matter. Like two S/E Asian Brits (out of like 5 million pop) in the entire PL or whatever - not an issue. No Black billionaires own clubs? Huge issue.

I might agree with you on every specific issue you bring up about racial inequality... but the way you frame it is not only dishonest (and objectively false) but hugely damaging to whatever cause you are championing.

I'm willing to have a conversation, but you rely on hate and privilege and it's like talking to a brick wall. Remind me of my uncle. Are you my uncle?

My privilege?

You don't know a thing about me chief.

Maybe you had privilege growing up, but stop projecting it onto people you know nothing about.
Lots of lads on here grew up working class, me included.
Some weeks I had to settle for beans on toast for dinner as the old man was bankrupt and we lost our shop.

So don't talk out of your arse about white privilege.
It takes a privileged cunt with money to even dream up concepts like that.

As for my "hatred" what's hateful about telling the truth?

Go back through my thousands of posts on here and see if there is any bigotry what so ever.

You don't know you are born, you don't know what your talking about.

I suggest you jog on

I've got family in the UK and have been many times and follow a football team there, but ultimately I feel like it's not my place to judge. I have plenty of opinion to offer on the shameful segregation and police brutality in Chicago.

I do think the players ought to be free to express themselves how they see fit. And of course, that extends to the possibility of these demonstrations hardening into stultifying conformity the way right-wing militaristic symbolism has in the US.

I definitely sympathize with English folks here saying they just want to go out and watch a football match, because I have long been jealous that England has that in a way the US doesn't.

Are the players free or are they doing it out of fear of being called a bigot if they don't?

I just think that the point was well made, and it needs to stop now.

There is also the fact that culturally in this country kneeling is submissive. In the states i'm told its more of a solidarity thing. But for me its what you did in medieval days for a king or lord.

It's just not British

But I appreciate your civilized reply.

What was the take away from the game then? And how did the youngsters and Hojberg get on?

Ipswich are really shit, so it's hard to get anything conclusive from it to be honest.

Saying that, my thoughts were:
  • Son and Dele looked sharp
  • Gedson right back was quite promising, albeit not much defending to do
  • Hojbjerg tidy and busy, wasn't the defending midfielder however which is slightly worrying
  • Toby is a monster
  • Sess floated in and out of the game
  • Cirkin looked like he will belong in mens football
Overall no-one stood out as being poor for Tottenham, but I can't over-emphasise how shit Ipswich were.

I'm so glad nobody here is overreacting about one half of football with a team mostly made up of kids and players who have had little to no playing time.

Back
Top Bottom