Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liked the look of Cirkin, looked very comfortable in the side at all stages.

Bit worried about the lack of impact that Sess had especially in the second half when he was surrounded by the youth setup - should be standing out in that crowd in my opinion.

It's a fucking pre season friendly. There's plenty to take from it.

Also good that the kneeling is there. Deal with it.

Basically shut up moaning you miserable fuck
Kneeling is an anti USA police thing this is England and time for it to stop. Apart from that I was not moaning it was a pleasant game but he opposition were not up to much.

Ended with a very young side :

Forward aged 16 with two 19 year olds and a 20 year in support.

At centre midfield a 16-year-old and 18-year-old.

And in defence an 18-year-old LB, 21-year-old RB and 22-year-old CB........and Toby who must feel like a pensioner !

It's his first game for us at RB and he put in a well-timed tackle to break up the play. Maybe he can get a break on what style of tackle he put in.

I hear ya, but these are the things that will hopefully get coached out of him. We get on Serge for his tackling and he has been a RB for years.

What the fuck has it got to do with Football.
Could have something to do with all the black players out there who have experienced similar shit in England that led to the BLM in the USA. Just a thought for your 68 year old mind to ponder. You seem pretty worked up over this and just had to make sure everyone knew you opinion on matters didnt ya?

Could have something to do with all the black players out there who have experienced similar shit in England that led to the BLM in the USA. Just a thought for your 68 year old mind to ponder. You seem pretty worked up over this and just had to make sure everyone knew you opinion on matters didnt ya?

The thing that UK folks may not understand is that a pro sporting event in the US is just a cavalcade of jingoistic and militaristic imagery.

You may know that the national anthem is played before every game, what you may not know is that for the last several years literally every major pro sports game now features a moment during a stoppage of play where a military member of some sort is trotted out onto the field and all attendees are expected to give them a standing ovation.

So the BLM stuff at sporting events in the US is meant to be meeting Orwellian state propaganda with overt symbolism in response. It's fighting fire with fire.

I guess in European football I interpret it more as solidarity against some of the shameful chants and such that happen in the crowds, so it's a different sort of issue. Not that the UK doesn't have its own sorts of racial inequities.

nope is time for the world to wake up and listen

Wake up to what exactly?
Kneeling is an anti USA police thing this is England and time for it to stop. Apart from that I was not moaning it was a pleasant game but he opposition were not up to much.

Right I'm going to speak some home truths here as I've had enough of this kneeling as well.

It's fucking cringe at this point, the point was made weeks ago.

Amazes me that people feel the need to continue to kneel for a career criminal whose death was most likely caused more by the huge dose of Fentanyl in his body than the knee on his kneck. And was saying he couldn't breath long before he was put on the floor.
It was manslaughter at best but zero evidence whatsoever that it was racially motivated

Imagine the riots that would be going on now if Cannon Hinnant was black and had been shot by a white man, every city in the Western world would now be burning and that is all you would see on every single news channel.
But because he was a white kid shot by a black man, nothing, nada, zero fucks given by the virtue signalling crowd.

But instead lets keep kneeling for George Floyd to show our humanity.

Fucked up world we live in. And before any bleeding hearts respond I couldn't give a fuck so save your breath.

Second Half;

- CCV is huge, could see him playing for us
- Can see why Mourinho likes Cirkin, solid and for his age is well built
- Gedson decent tackling and intercepting the ball
- Clarke has something but need a loan where he will play

All in all, pretty good

Hope Hojbjerg is fine after that naughty tackle on him, would be our luck he does his ACL
If CCV was going to come good I think he would have by now. I know CBs generally are slower bloomers, but he just seems like the kind of guy that would anchor a really good Championship backline for a decade.

It's a fucking pre season friendly. There's plenty to take from it.
Firstly, I saw 10 minutes at the end of the first half, so I'm not talking about the game.

Secondly, I'm not being negative about anything.

But really, if you went back over all the social media posts regarding pre-season friendlies as long as I can remember, you'd probably find that 95+% of conclusions drawn were some way wide of the mark, positive or negative.

Every year we try out some kids, every year a few people get excited about a couple of them, every year they end up on loan at Southend.

That's been the case in recent years when we've played Barcelona, Bayern, Juve and so on. Today we played a third division reserve team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom