Pre season 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just waiting for the Instagram post where they say Anderton and Ledley lucky enough to meet Mensa from the fighting cock

At the training now going to game tomorrow

o72j3m.jpg

As an American Spurs supporter with (not inexpensive) tickets to the match with AC Milan in Minneapolis, I can say: yes, unavoidably, it will be somewhat disappointing not to see Kane, Alli, Son, Erikson, etc., assuming they do not make the trip. However, that disappointment is tempered by the fact that I expected all along to be missing many of them—it is a World Cup year, after all. And there is a different kind of joy, as a supporter, to be able to watch players like Walker-Peters, Moura, Carter-Vickers, Winks, and others who could/should have big roles to play for Spurs going forward. And it will also be meaningful to see some of our development squad cutting their teeth.

So, sure, will my daughters (burgeoning Spurs supporters themselves) be disappointed if they don’t get to see Harry Kane? Sure. Who wouldn’t be? But it will still be a great day to be a Spurs supporter, and I’m really looking forward to it. COYS!

I'm actually beginning to get a bit concerned about the amount of players who won't have any pre-season training. Just not enough time to have a decent rest and then get back to top level fitness and match sharpness. Hope Poch & co. have the squad members up and running to fill in. I think we're going to need them.

Good attitude or needs improvement kind of attitude Guids?
(I can only talk of on pitch attitude as this is all I see). It's a perfect attitude, first off he's intelligent, he reads the game so well and knows where to be on the pitch, dropping into the defence or joining the attack, he knows when to hold onto the ball and slow things down just as when to recognise when to pick up the tempo. He conducts the team, around him and most importantly is listened to, players follow his lead. His skill on the ball is clear, however he gets stuck in, he's aggressive and takes no prisoners, this raises the competitiveness of those around him.

With all players you can see where their weaknesses are, with Skipp you can't. He's highly versatile, reads the game so well, whilst he is attracting a lot of attention through his performances, there is nothing cocky about him (this of corse could be completely different when a game is finished).

Last edited:
Who misses the away friendlies against the likes of Stevenage and Leyton Orient?

I went to Brisbane Road back in 2008 when we scored 5 and Bent got a hattrick and it was highly enjoyable. Modric was a class above. It was nice seeing some new signings against shite opposition to heighten our expectations.

Who misses the away friendlies against the likes of Stevenage and Leyton Orient?
Im sure a Spurs XI will still play these kind of matches. But the modern game means we need maximum international exposure.

And more importantly, our overseas fan base deserve the chance to see the team they love play once in a while.
Those of us in England forget how lucky we are having Spurs right on our doorstep

As an American Spurs supporter with (not inexpensive) tickets to the match with AC Milan in Minneapolis, I can say: yes, unavoidably, it will be somewhat disappointing not to see Kane, Alli, Son, Erikson, etc., assuming they do not make the trip. However, that disappointment is tempered by the fact that I expected all along to be missing many of them—it is a World Cup year, after all. And there is a different kind of joy, as a supporter, to be able to watch players like Walker-Peters, Moura, Carter-Vickers, Winks, and others who could/should have big roles to play for Spurs going forward. And it will also be meaningful to see some of our development squad cutting their teeth.

So, sure, will my daughters (burgeoning Spurs supporters themselves) be disappointed if they don’t get to see Harry Kane? Sure. Who wouldn’t be? But it will still be a great day to be a Spurs supporter, and I’m really looking forward to it. COYS!
Now then. This is someone who “gets it” in terms supporting Spurs.
Bravo amigo.

Interesting to see that Winks isn't travelling with them. He's got to be a long way off of first team action after his injury if that's the case surely. Not great news on a CM overly reliable on a creaky Moose with a year left to run on his current deal. I can't see us selling him if Winks is still not fit in all fairness
I thought we managed Dembele brilliantly last year, we rested him, took him off early in games and were rewarded with his greatest performances in a Spurs shirt, especially in that run of games in Feb against Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, Juve. We could do the same this season too, giving time for Winks to get fit.

Also I think we forget just how good Wanyama was in his first season, not just a block but he was able to play through a press as well (which he didn't do last year when he came back), he's a baller when fit.

Back
Top Bottom