Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Wenger won lots. Lets stop pretending poch built something he went from 5th/6th to 3rd/4th hardly the most amazing thing in football history. He fucked up every semi or final he has ever been in. The man is treated like jesus christ by some spurs fans. He is a loser who is not good enough thats the truth

Because within our supporter base we have a lot of individuals who are just happy that we are "better than we have ever been in most of our lifetimes."

Content with failure, we need to change this loser mentality, unfortunately it's deeply embedded at this point and only winning trophies on a consistent basis will change that, which imo, will not happen under our current ownership.

Many will shun the idea of buying trophies and not doing things "the right way" because it will fill our club full of "glory chasing spoiled brats" many City supporters felt like that when they were being taken over, as a matter of fact I imagine some even stopped supporting the club.

Personally I would rather have glorychasers who demand more success than a ground full of daytripping half and half flag fans who couldn't give a shit about winning and are just happy to turn up for the "experience" of the stadium and the rest being fans just happy we do things "the right way" and will celebrate 4th place like it's a trophy and have their tummies tickled by the owners.

I don't want us to become those cunts over the road, I also don't want us to become another City but at least the latter wins things, which is what sport is all about, even if people try to tell themselves otherwise so they feel cosy at night in bed.

Let's stop being fucking losers and give this club what it deserves, trophies on a consistent basis, more importantly let's start demanding success rather than accepting failure, that's the bare minimum that anyone who claims to love this club should be doing.

How long has he earned though? We have been shit for 9 months and we are in relegation form. Do we wait a year? Two years? Do we drop down to the Championship? Do we wait for Kane to leave?

Most managers when they go through a spell like this, they change something. The formation, the selection, the tactics. Poch wheels out the same 442 diamond and we keep losing. It’s becoming insane. No doubt this squad has peaked and is on the downslope, but this can’t be the best we can do with these players. What’s the harm in trying a 433 or a 352? Can it be worse than losing 7-2?
There is no harm. And this is part of the reason why I say give him more time to find the best way of utilising the squad.
Worst result for a very long time. Awful. Nobody can be vaguely happy with that performance after the first 30 mins. It was woeful.
But if we bin him now, a huge part of me genuinely believes it will set us back even further.
I’d give him to the end of the season to turn it round. If we are still having this same shitshow week in week out, maybe less. But a new manager coming in mid season won’t guarantee us a trophy or top 4 either.
He has to reinvent himself and the squad or go.
Let’s see if he can do that.

Wenger won lots. Lets stop pretending poch built something he went from 5th/6th to 3rd/4th hardly the most amazing thing in football history. He fucked up every semi or final he has ever been in. The man is treated like jesus christ by some spurs fans. He is a loser who is not good enough thats the truth

Harsh but fair, he's an excellent manager but he lacks that little something that elite managers do. There's always a feeling that coming up a bit short is kind of OK.

After today’s horror show, it was interesting to hear that our XG was better than theirs. They were extremely clinical, I doubt they’ll ever score as many great goals in a game again .

Saying that, this alongside how we were outclassed ( but not beaten) by City this season ( and Ajax to a certain extent last season ) is pretty damning evidence that we’ve fallen way off the top. This was coming.

Hate to say it, but Poch is no longer seeming the cutting edge coach he did a few years ago. We’re playing a very unfashionable system sported by Brendan Rodgers’s Liverpool years ago and seem to be buying players in positions we don’t need ?

I love him, but his constant talk of “determination” and “bravery” is giving off seriously outdated British dinosaur manager vibes.

He needs to do his homework and find a system to get this team running again.[FORMATION][/FORMATION]

There is no harm. And this is part of the reason why I say give him more time to find the best way of utilising the squad.
Worst result for a very long time. Awful. Nobody can be vaguely happy with that performance after the first 30 mins. It was woeful.
But if we bin him now, a huge part of me genuinely believes it will set us back even further.
I’d give him to the end of the season to turn it round. If we are still having this same shitshow week in week out, maybe less. But a new manager coming in mid season won’t guarantee us a trophy or top 4 either.
He has to reinvent himself and the squad or go.
Let’s see if he can do that.

I don’t want to sack him. I think he has earned the right to decide for himself. If he genuinely thinks he is the man to lead Spurs for the next 5 years, has the hunger to succeed here and he belief that it’s possible, he should stay. I just think he looks tired and hasn’t got over that CL final defeat. I’m not sure that in his heart of hearts, he is really up for another 5 years here. I think if he goes it has to be him that goes to Levy and says he thinks it’s best to shake hands and part ways. No hard feelings, it’s just time to change.

The harsh truth

Loser mentality that keeps us from winning finals and semi finals. No one can deny it in their minds, even if they pretend to other people.

2015 LC Final - Lost to two deflected goals
2017 FA Semi - Tobi gives away a stupid FK; Son a stupid pen; and Matic scores a worldie
2018 FA Semi - Vorm error
2019 CL Final - No one turned up

Some dangerously low IQs in here.

Individual mistakes cannot be blamed on the manager.

If you think tactics bring about 2-7 defeats, you need to give your head a wobble or take up tiddlywinks because you clearly don't have a scooby.

People keep talking about the back end of last season, but the fact is that we secured top 4 with a huge injury list and while we made it to the CL final.

This season hasn't been great, but I don't think you can put it down to tactics. For me, too many players don't have a burning desire to win, so they keep repeating mistakes. Last season, we'd concede very early in games; this season, we concede on the stroke of half-time.

I am 100% Poch in. Take him out, and you take out everything he has built. He has built the club in his image. We'll be like United post-Fergie but worse because they have more financial clout.

As for names floating around on here:

Allegri - managing the best club in the country with the most resources is very different from managing a club with far fewer resources that is trying to become a top club.

Simeone - no reason to leave Atleti, where he is adored.

Eddie Howe - just no.

If Poch were to walk, the only two I'd consider are Mourinho (a winner) or Rodgers (embarrassing comments and an obsession with 'technician's aside, a very good modern manager).

Individual mistakes are down to mentality and instructions. Certain keepers can play out from the back comfortably and others should hoof at any opportunity. I trust Sissoko in tight spaces with the ball these days but 2 years ago the instruction to him should've been totally different. The instruction is also different whether it's 3-1, 1-1, or 1-3.

What's your IQ, by the way?

I don’t want to sack him. I think he has earned the right to decide for himself. If he genuinely thinks he is the man to lead Spurs for the next 5 years, has the hunger to succeed here and he belief that it’s possible, he should stay. I just think he looks tired and hasn’t got over that CL final defeat. I’m not sure that in his heart of hearts, he is really up for another 5 years here. I think if he goes it has to be him that goes to Levy and says he thinks it’s best to shake hands and part ways. No hard feelings, it’s just time to change.
he's to going to walk, not when there is a fat golden handshake due.

If Levy fails to fire Poch, then he is making a statement that we are a mid table club who once flirted with greatness. That is the message. Conceding seven fucken goals at home to any cunt is atrocious, but this is hot on the heels of a summer of significant investment and a spate of humiliating results domestically.
Clear the fucken decks!

His post match interviews are so weird at the moment.
He was fairly chipper & upbeat. Like it was a plucky narrow defeat. Guys become delusional.

Left hand “we all stick together”. Right hand “new phase. New project ( can’t wait to jog people on ).

Ridiculous. Jose please. His football is likely turd, but so is this.....

Because within our supporter base we have a lot of individuals who are just happy that we are "better than we have ever been in most of our lifetimes."

Content with failure, we need to change this loser mentality, unfortunately it's deeply embedded at this point and only winning trophies on a consistent basis will change that, which imo, will not happen under our current ownership.

Many will shun the idea of buying trophies and not doing things "the right way" because it will fill our club full of "glory chasing spoiled brats" many City supporters felt like that when they were being taken over, as a matter of fact I imagine some even stopped supporting the club.

Personally I would rather have glorychasers who demand more success than a ground full of daytripping half and half flag fans who couldn't give a shit about winning and are just happy to turn up for the "experience" of the stadium and the rest being fans just happy we do things "the right way" and will celebrate 4th place like it's a trophy and have their tummies tickled by the owners.

I don't want us to become those cunts over the road, I also don't want us to become another City but at least the latter wins things, which is what sport is all about, even if people try to tell themselves otherwise so they feel cosy at night in bed.

Let's stop being fucking losers and give this club what it deserves, trophies on a consistent basis, more importantly let's start demanding success rather than accepting failure, that's the bare minimum that anyone who claims to love this club should be doing.
How long have you been going to tottenham?

Bit bored of the “I told you four years ago he was shit” people tonight.

A bit like saying at 7am, ”oh look, it’s midnight”, being told you’re a cunt, then turning round at midnight and saying “told you it was midnight ages ago”.

99% of the time, football manager reigns don’t end at the top. Poch has had his time, was brilliant for almost all of it, but now needs to go so we can freshen up. He also needs to go for himself too.

I’d be looking at Mourinho, Rafa, Rodgers in that order.

Well said. I’d like to add that it’s not about trophies above all else either. It’s being a club that goes to big occasions and performs and can win big games, Ajax is an example. That’s what Tottenham should be about. To Dare is to Do. It’s ok to lose. It’s not ok to lose like this.

If Levy fails to fire Poch, then he is making a statement that we are a mid table club who once flirted with greatness. That is the message. Conceding seven fucken goals at home to any cunt is atrocious, but this is hot on the heels of a summer of significant investment and a spate of humiliating results domestically.
Clear the fucken decks!

In 2011-12, United lost 1-6 to City yet lost the title only in the final 3 minutes of the season.

Back
Top Bottom