Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
There are 4 trophies to be won every year and how many has this top manager won?

What's your point? that means at least 88 UK managers are guaranteed failures before a ball is even kicked ... should all 88 be sacked? It's your level of entitlement that is flawed ... if you expect us to finish ahead of City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca, RM then you will likely be disappointed, that's not to say we shouldn't try of course we should but whining like stuck pigs when we don't win a trophy? that's pathetic ...

Maybe Poch has run his course but that won't be clear until the end of the season ... getting rid of the best EPL manager we've ever had after two months of a season, sure let's do that.

I think it is very hard to know, from the outside, how a manager like Poch is being heard on the training pitch, whether players have tuned him out, etc. I have always believed that this kind of psychological role is a strength of Poch's, and it seems like players have been very loyal to him and want to come play for him. It may be the case that this has all turned sour. It seems that way, but as I said, it's hard to know.

But there are things that are less speculative. Playing Sanchez twice at RB? Sticking with a midfield diamond, over and over again, with our weak FB situation? Going 3 at the back against a team like Colchester, who you know damn well is going to park the bus against us? I know Poch has forgotten more football than I will ever know, and I try to have some humility when I find myself thinking, "What could Poch possibly be thinking???" But it is hard to wonder if maybe that magic touch is no longer magic. It happens with every manager eventually.

I would not describe myself as "Poch out," I don't think. He's earned a lot of leeway. But those questions are feeling louder and louder.

What's your point? that means 88 UK managers are obviously failures before a ball is even kicked ... should all 88 be sacked? It's your level of entitlement that is flawed ... if you expect us to finish ahead of City, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca, RM then you will likely be disappointed, that's not to say we shouldn't try of course we should but whining like stuck pigs when we don't win a trophy? that's pathetic ...

Maybe Poch has run his course but that won't be clear until the end of the season ... getting rid of the best EPL manager we've ever had after two months of a season, sure let's do that.
Do you want to go back over team selections he chose in those semi and finals? Have all 88 managers had the quality of squad he has had for 5 years?

Do you want to go back over team selections he chose in those semi and finals? Have all 88 managers had the quality of squad he has had for 5 years?
If my granny had balls she'd be my uncle ... so Poch is a cunt who can't select a decent team ... yeah OK

I know it was a shit result last night, not our first won't be our last, but get over it ...

So where do you rate this squad in terms of the EPL and Europe ... just your rough estimate ...

Some dangerously low IQs in here.

Individual mistakes cannot be blamed on the manager.

If you think tactics bring about 2-7 defeats, you need to give your head a wobble or take up tiddlywinks because you clearly don't have a scooby.

People keep talking about the back end of last season, but the fact is that we secured top 4 with a huge injury list and while we made it to the CL final.

This season hasn't been great, but I don't think you can put it down to tactics. For me, too many players don't have a burning desire to win, so they keep repeating mistakes. Last season, we'd concede very early in games; this season, we concede on the stroke of half-time.

I am 100% Poch in. Take him out, and you take out everything he has built. He has built the club in his image. We'll be like United post-Fergie but worse because they have more financial clout.

As for names floating around on here:

Allegri - managing the best club in the country with the most resources is very different from managing a club with far fewer resources that is trying to become a top club.

Simeone - no reason to leave Atleti, where he is adored.

Eddie Howe - just no.

If Poch were to walk, the only two I'd consider are Mourinho (a winner) or Rodgers (embarrassing comments and an obsession with 'technician's aside, a very good modern manager).
Whoever we bring in please dear god have them bring a decent scouting program with them....🙏🏻

But that's because you wallow in sadness ... glass half empty bollocks ...

There are 92 clubs in the English League we are in the to 6, and probably top 4 ....
There are 900 professional clubs in Europe we are in the top 20 (actually ranked 12th) ....

So your statement that we are mediocre is clearly just you feeling entitled .... get over yourself

Poch is without doubt in the top five managers currently working ... but you want him fired? It's the very epitome of a knee-jerk reaction ... have a bit more faith.

Fucking hell mate, you got me! I am a bitterly sad bastard that loves to take the negatives from everything! How do you figure this out? Incredible yet again from you.

Let's take a look at two posts I just recently made, one during the game tonight as well might I add.

Southampton match thread:

"Great result, loving the commitment from the players, 10 men and we got the result we needed. Still need massive improvement but this is a step in the right direction and a massive confidence boost. COYS."

Bayern match thread:

"Fantastic start, playing excellent so far, amazing what a bit of confidence can do for a team, that result against Southampton came at the perfect time for us. Think we will win this comfortably."

What a negative cunt I am! Look at all that negativity I am spreading!

Should I share the countless posts of me defending and praising Poch during the time I have been posting here as well? Or do you want to continue on with your bullshit agenda about me being a "glass half full" type?

Oh wait, I see it now, you come with your "evidence" about me being "negative" because I point out some stuff that you don't like seeing and it upsets you because I am not praising every single fucking thing the manager or chairman does.

I didn't say we are mediocre, I said that certain sections of our support celebrate mediocrity and never find fault in anything because of the very bullshit statistics that you just rolled out, so we're ranked 12th in Europe are we? Do we get a trophy for that? Will we be remembered in history as being the 12th best team in Europe? I hope we are, can't wait to celebrate that in the years to come!

What about being in the top 6 clubs in England? Will we win a trophy for that? Will that be written into our history books? Did Bill Nic say "At Tottenham, top six is our everything and we should be thankful to get it because 86 other clubs don't have it" we should write that on the stadium walls!

Btw, can you remind me why we are the only team out of the current "top 6" (Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City) that hasn't won a trophy in the last 11 years? Despite having one of the "top five managers in football" or "the best chairman and owners in the league" can you explain that to me Bangkok?

Or am I just being "entitled" and having a "knee-jerk reaction" because I want better for our club than nearly 20 losses since February, 2 of which include a loss to div 2 Colchester and a fucking 7-2 spanking in the champions league, at home, our biggest loss btw.

Is that just more entitlement from me? Is it me lacking "faith" as you put it?

Or, could it be that YOU refuse to see the fucking obvious staring you right in the face and YOU refuse to say anything critical whatsoever because the thought of doing so means you have to face up to the uncomfortable reality that in life not everything is something we should celebrate and that actually it's healthy to be critical of things sometimes in order to improve?

Ever considered that? The fact that you keep repeating the same bullshit over and over about people being "negative" despite overwhelming evidence showing we should be concerned tells me you probably haven't considered that whatsoever and that nothing that happens will ever persuade you to remove your head from the sandbox long enough to see a different perspective.

I want great things for this club, I want us to be SERIAL WINNERS, I don't want us to become Woolwich 2.0, a new stadium and mediocrity on the pitch, I want us to actually become the best club in world football, I don't see any harm in aiming for that, even if we never achieve it but right now we aren't even aiming for it!

What our owners are aiming for is financial stability and to make a profit as a business and banking on our supporters referring to the past and saying "We've never had it so good, so stop complaining" and whilst they do that, we continue to win nothing and remain exactly where we are, a 3rd/6th placed club, always the bridesmaids, never the bride, if you're happy with that then I question why you ever bother watching competitive sports in the first place.

Poch lost the team I think. Already said that, but we started to decline when he choose to play Kane coming back from injury and bench Son, who was our main man for the start of the year. It was clear from that point the team wasn't the same and he, again, have done the same thing in the UCL final by dropping Moura and starting Kane who wasn't even near the required fitness level.

Fucking hell mate, you got me! I am a bitterly sad bastard that loves to take the negatives from everything! How do you figure this out? Incredible yet again from you.

Let's take a look at two posts I just recently made, one during the game tonight as well might I add.

Southampton match thread:

"Great result, loving the commitment from the players, 10 men and we got the result we needed. Still need massive improvement but this is a step in the right direction and a massive confidence boost. COYS."

Bayern match thread:

"Fantastic start, playing excellent so far, amazing what a bit of confidence can do for a team, that result against Southampton came at the perfect time for us. Think we will win this comfortably."

What a negative cunt I am! Look at all that negativity I am spreading!

Should I share the countless posts of me defending and praising Poch during the time I have been posting here as well? Or do you want to continue on with your bullshit agenda about me being a "glass half full" type?

Oh wait, I see it now, you come with your "evidence" about me being "negative" because I point out some stuff that you don't like seeing and it upsets you because I am not praising every single fucking thing the manager or chairman does.

I didn't say we are mediocre, I said that certain sections of our support celebrate mediocrity and never find fault in anything because of the very bullshit statistics that you just rolled out, so we're ranked 12th in Europe are we? Do we get a trophy for that? Will we be remembered in history as being the 12th best team in Europe? I hope we are, can't wait to celebrate that in the years to come!

What about being in the top 6 clubs in England? Will we win a trophy for that? Will that be written into our history books? Did Bill Nic say "At Tottenham, top six is our everything and we should be thankful to get it because 86 other clubs don't have it" we should write that on the stadium walls!

Btw, can you remind me why we are the only team out of the current "top 6" (Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City) that hasn't won a trophy in the last 11 years? Despite having one of the "top five managers in football" or "the best chairman and owners in the league" can you explain that to me Bangkok?

Or am I just being "entitled" and having a "knee-jerk reaction" because I want better for our club than nearly 20 losses since February, 2 of which include a loss to div 2 Colchester and a fucking 7-2 spanking in the champions league, at home, our biggest loss btw.

Is that just more entitlement from me? Is it me lacking "faith" as you put it?

Or, could it be that YOU refuse to see the fucking obvious staring you right in the face and YOU refuse to say anything critical whatsoever because the thought of doing so means you have to face up to the uncomfortable reality that in life not everything is something we should celebrate and that actually it's healthy to be critical of things sometimes in order to improve?

Ever considered that? The fact that you keep repeating the same bullshit over and over about people being "negative" despite overwhelming evidence showing we should be concerned tells me you probably haven't considered that whatsoever and that nothing that happens will ever persuade you to remove your head from the sandbox long enough to see a different perspective.

I want great things for this club, I want us to be SERIAL WINNERS, I don't want us to become Woolwich 2.0, a new stadium and mediocrity on the pitch, I want us to actually become the best club in world football, I don't see any harm in aiming for that, even if we never achieve it but right now we aren't even aiming for it!

What our owners are aiming for is financial stability and to make a profit as a business and banking on our supporters referring to the past and saying "We've never had it so good, so stop complaining" and whilst they do that, we continue to win nothing and remain exactly where we are, a 3rd/6th placed club, always the bridesmaids, never the bride, if you're happy with that then I question why you ever bother watching competitive sports in the first place.
Yup you're one sad bastard .... if you can't see that taking the time to write that negative dirge doesn't tell you that you have an attitude problem, than sadly nothing I can say will ....

Yup you're one sad bastard .... if you can't see that taking the time to write that negative dirge doesn't tell you that you have an attitude problem, than sadly nothing I can say will ....

lol an attitude problem, coming from someone who calls every poster a negative cunt that he disagrees with and tells other posters to die when he doesn't like what they say, I am glad to see that at least you are keeping the level of discourse high here for everyone.

If that's really what you're getting from my post btw I really don't know what else to say, you keep on doing your thing mate.

See this just makes me want to keep Poch. I mean, is this what we have to look forward to if he goes? Can we really do no better? It's fucking depressing if the best we can look forward to is managers who have failed elsewhere.
I'm in favor of saying goodbye, but never at the cost of bringing those managers in.

lol an attitude problem, coming from someone who calls every poster a negative cunt that he disagrees with and tells other posters to die when he doesn't like what they say, I am glad to see that at least you are keeping the level of discourse high here for everyone.

If that's really what you're getting from my post btw I really don't know what else to say, you keep on doing your thing mate.

What else is there to say ... anyone who writes an essay on how bad things are needs to get a life ... you probably can't remember going to Anfield for 30 years without a win ... or losing 21 EPL games at Old Trafford ... but most of us can

Sure we're still a bit short ... but we're 10 times better than we were two decades ago ... take the positives stop always crying about the negatives ... reading about your never ending sorrow, that really is very depressing for the rest of us.

The sooner Poch figures out his starting XI, the better.

At the moment he's trying to accommodate different players in different positions for different reasons. I feel that he plays Winks & Sissoko as he needs a player that has both of their traits combined. Sadly that doesn't mean we get twice the options but 1 player rolled into 2. He needs to decide on what's best for the starting XI, not who is the most talented XI at the club.

Dier & Ndombele should be our midfield pairing, it's strong, physical and I think we'll leak less goals with it meaning that when we miss glorious chances like we did against Bayern tonight that it would cripple us when we leak on occasions like we so often do.

Lloris, Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane

Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Rose, Winks, Eriksen, Dele

Until Lo Celso is back, I'd be playing this team. Once Gio is back I'd drop Ndombele back into CM alongside Dier and get Lo Celso in that more attacking position. Until then I'm picking all the guys with heart, which is really harsh on Winks as he really does try but we need a little more steel at the moment, we can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money at the moment and with the lack of Dele goals in the team it's more imperative than ever to ensure we don't need at least two goals a game to win.

Our building blocks require clean sheets and that diamond simply doesn't help a shoddy back four our enough to warrant pursuing it. 4-2-3-1 for me, get a little streetwise with it all again.

Our issues are too many squad players being first teasers week in, week out.

Lloris (starter)
Aurier (squad)
Alderweireld (starter)
Vertonghen (starter)
Rose (squad)
Winks (squad)
Ndombele (starter)
Sissoko (squad)
Dele (squad)
Son (starter)
Kane (starter)

6 of our starting XI tonight who I think justify a start in our colours. The other 5 I see as offering rotation depth. Once Lo Celso is back I think he'll slot into the starting positions but I honestly think we need a new RB, 2xnew CBs, a DM/CM and possibly a new FWD option.

It's a tough call but the club really need to be ruthless in certain areas. Taking Ndombele out of the mix, a midfield nucleus consisting of Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko and Skipp really is mid table material. No goals, no assists, no growth at worthy levels. We need to strip it down by 2-3 and sadly that means Wanyama, a season long loan for Skipp and Dier either shifting back into CB or chancing his arm somewhere like West Ham as Declan Rice's replacement when the time comes.

The sooner Poch figures out his starting XI, the better.

At the moment he's trying to accommodate different players in different positions for different reasons. I feel that he plays Winks & Sissoko as he needs a player that has both of their traits combined. Sadly that doesn't mean we get twice the options but 1 player rolled into 2. He needs to decide on what's best for the starting XI, not who is the most talented XI at the club.

Dier & Ndombele should be our midfield pairing, it's strong, physical and I think we'll leak less goals with it meaning that when we miss glorious chances like we did against Bayern tonight that it would cripple us when we leak on occasions like we so often do.

Lloris, Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane

Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Rose, Winks, Eriksen, Dele

Until Lo Celso is back, I'd be playing this team. Once Gio is back I'd drop Ndombele back into CM alongside Dier and get Lo Celso in that more attacking position. Until then I'm picking all the guys with heart, which is really harsh on Winks as he really does try but we need a little more steel at the moment, we can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money at the moment and with the lack of Dele goals in the team it's more imperative than ever to ensure we don't need at least two goals a game to win.

Our building blocks require clean sheets and that diamond simply doesn't help a shoddy back four our enough to warrant pursuing it. 4-2-3-1 for me, get a little streetwise with it all again.
Agree again here. It’s becoming a habit!!
I think Winks was as bad as anyone out there today and needs a spell on the bench. Tanguy is badly gassing out in games so I’d put Dier in with him and possibly bring on Winks if / when Tanguy has blown out.
Our defence is way too leaky which is uncharacteristic under Poch. The reason seems to me to be the lack of any defensive bite in front of them.
Poch needs to realise this and ditch the diamond until he has the personnel to play it. He simply can’t stick to it rigidly any more after that fucking horror show last night.

Back
Top Bottom