Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Wouldn't be surprised if the "outs" gets into the 30%'s tomorrow. Every time it seems like we turn a corner we're back to square one. I generally watch football for enjoyment and a distraction, not to see a physical metaphor of my life lol
I was also wondering how many mouse pointers will be hovering over the 'change vote' button tonight

Our chairman has committed to spending £150m on new players this summer. He operates within the clubs means an drew I don't get how people feel that is open to ridicule as much as he gets. It doesn't make sense to me we are financially the 6th biggest club, he has achieved more than the 6th biggest club should be so I don't buy this about Levy at all.

Yes, he's a good businessman, he has done his job very well by operating within the clubs means, I am not ridiculing the fact he is doing his job the way he has been instructed, what I am ridiculing is people who think it will be different with another manager.

It won't be, it will remain the same, this team should have been refreshed 3 windows ago, it was not, it was left to rot along with any chance of winning a trophy under this manager, I am not saying it's because Levy has a personal vendetta, he hasn't, he's doing his job, putting ENIC and their interests ahead of ambition to win silverware.

This stadium is glorious, no doubt about it, what ENIC and Levy have done for us as a club is also fantastic compared to where we were before them.

But does that mean as supporters we should just accept it as our lot? That's a losers mentality imo, we should be demanding more, unfortunately we aren't going to get more without new owners or until our supporters demand it instead of just rolling over and having our belly tickled.

I want success for this club, that's ALL I care about, nothing else because I love THFC and always will.

Our form in 2019 has been awful. Sugar coat it all you like however, it's poor and Poch should be judged on results. Therefore he has had enough time, next...

Yup, the form has been shocking but it hasn't damaged us yet, I want to give him time to get this project back on track.

He has his new players now, we've been riding our luck but the damage isn't a sign bad as it looks.

Still in the Champions League, we should still qualify with the two other teams we are still to play at home and we are still only a point off of top 4 very early doors. I won't be changing my vote from Poch in to anything else for a while yet but don't misinterpret that as me being happy about the situation at the moment, I'm far from it.

Agreed but I think you need to listen to your heart from time to time and I say the guy deserves a few more games. We are 1 point off of top 4 and we lost to a far better and bigger team in the Champions League. It happens I think calls for his head are a little premature. I'm sticking with him even if I'm pissed off with what he's served up in recent months. I say we give him time. We are still in a decent place even though it looks ropey as at the moment.

I'm backing Poch, I say we get behind him and let this spell pass. My gut tells me we can't and shouldn't be hasty so I'm sticking with that for a while yet.
We haven't been this bad since the days of Tim Sherwood. The guy is like a cross between a PE teacher and a pseudopsychologist. It is just one excuse after another with him.

Ali was not good, but can you blame him? Wasn't this only his second game in months?

You can't blame Ali for being picked in a match he wasn't suited to.

But I can blame him for his lack of professionalism at the end

Disgusting

Again it's a mixture players look like they didn't give a fuck, but Poch not playing a DM again really against Bayern? Guys making the same mistakes over and over his lines to the media are getting old also I'm just a bit fed up

We haven't been this bad since the days of Tim Sherwood. The guy is like a cross between a PE teacher and a pseudopsychologist. It is just one excuse after another with him.

The guy has also secured us 4 consecutive top 4 finishes and has taken us further in Europes elite competition than anyone else ever has. I won't be calling for anyone's head just yet, I'm Ok to see how this pans out over the next month or two but that's just me mate.

Yes, he's a good businessman, he has done his job very well by operating within the clubs means, I am not ridiculing the fact he is doing his job the way he has been instructed, what I am ridiculing is people who think it will be different with another manager.

It won't be, it will remain the same, this team should have been refreshed 3 windows ago, it was not, it was left to rot along with any chance of winning a trophy under this manager, I am not saying it's because Levy has a personal vendetta, he hasn't, he's doing his job, putting ENIC and their interests ahead of ambition to win silverware.

This stadium is glorious, no doubt about it, what ENIC and Levy have done for us as a club is also fantastic compared to where we were before them.

But does that mean as supporters we should just accept it as our lot? That's a losers mentality imo, we should be demanding more, unfortunately we aren't going to get more without new owners or until our supporters demand it instead of just rolling over and having our belly tickled.

I want success for this club, that's ALL I care about, nothing else because I love THFC and always will.
So are you saying no other managers tactics could of stopped us losing 7-2 tonight with the players we have?

Yup, the form has been shocking but it hasn't damaged us yet, I want to give him time to get this project back on track.

He has his new players now, we've been riding our luck but the damage isn't a sign bad as it looks.

Still in the Champions League, we should still qualify with the two other teams we are still to play at home and we are still only a point off of top 4 very early doors. I won't be changing my vote from Poch in to anything else for a while yet but don't misinterpret that as me being happy about the situation at the moment, I'm far from it.
Completely agree. We are Spurs. Not Woolwich.
We are going through a very bad patch but the manager has earned the time to turn it around.
That was a fucking horror show tonight though. Has to be said.

Back
Top Bottom