Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Ok fair points, when will enough be enough for you? Judge at Xmas, perhaps?

Brighton (a)
Watford (h)
Liverpool (a)
Everton (a)
Sheffield United (h)
West Ham (a)
Bournemouth (h)

If we haven't seen genuine signs that this funk is behind us by they I will start to turn. We need a couple of wins before we go to Anfield for sure but if we aren't sitting on 4 wins and a draw or two out of the next 7 league games things will start to impact our league position rapidly and that's the one thing I think we can't compromise on.

If we can stay hovering around the top 4 positions, regardless of form I think it gives Poch a little respite.

For me the crunch game isn't the Brighton away game, it's the Watford at home game the week after. I actually think we will win both.

The 2 game spell coming up, followed by the 5 after as building blocks. I give Poch a while before his position is untenable still.

How long? I'm genuinely curious. At what point will you say enough is enough?

Many here feel we've been shit for7 months.
End of this season would be my crunch time. I don’t see the point in throwing the baby out with the bath water right now. We are just outside top 4, with 2 of our toughest away games out of the way already. Nobody will be anything but horrified by tonight’s abomination, but knee jerking is for gooners.

How long? I'm genuinely curious. At what point will you say enough is enough?

For me I'd say end of the season or earlier only in the case of bona fide relegation fears (which, shit as we are, I don't anticipate).

I will admit though that what has changed in the past few weeks is that I am beginning to entertain the notion that bringing someone else in might improve the performances. I thought that idea was nonsense when this thread started. I still think it's unlikely, but I'm wavering on the possibility.

At 4-2 he had to go for it. We took a fucking spanking and he has to learn from it. The 4th goal (all on winks I'm afraid) killed us. The penalty gave us hope. Poch went for it by loading up the front, but we got taken apart by a technically better side.

Can we please stop pretending we went for it in the last 20 mins? We didn't.

Eriksen had a shot off target in the 77th minute.

Dele had a header in the 66th minute on target.

That was it. In the final 24 minutes we had two shots, one off target.

Can we please stop pretending we went for it in the last 20 mins? We didn't.

Eriksen had a shot off target in the 77th minute.

Dele had a header in the 66th minute on target.

That was it. In the final 24 minutes we had two shots, one off target.
He put the personnel on to give it a go. We just got taken apart time after time.
I’m not pretending anything. It was a shit show. Nobody comes out of it with any credit.
But he didn’t put on Moura & Lamela to try and stop us shipping more goals.

Gonna be really fucking weird if Spurs shitcan a manager then said manager goes to Madrid or United.

Again, I don’t think it will happen, but the ITK rumblings are all over twitter.

New players: ndombele can't play 90 minutes, the other two are too green and at least a year away from stepping up.

Lo Celso, injured until November after playing about halfway out of football for us. It hasn't been the best bit of luck to kick start the season with. I want to see the team and Poch settle, I think binning him is just a little too rash at the moment but I don't make the choices and time will tell I guess.

Yeah, but before that, we had to suffer Alli partnering Kane when he should have been subbed off after about 20 mins. The players must be looking at Poch and thinking that he is a total moron, generally speaking, because these stupid choices have been killing us for too long.

He seems to want to make a point to try and prove that he was correct to give Dele a 150k a week contract.

He wasn't and he isn't. He's an Everton level player.

I think there is something terribly, terribly wrong with the physical training system at the club at the moment. Poch is so macho and chest-thumping that his emotions have trumped the "science" if PT theories deserves that designation. My guess is that there is overtraining all around - the last 15 mins of this game we were just on the knees and whereas in seasons past we seemed to be physically better than most opponents - now we are huffing and puffing and fading in every game

Five years? You speak like us qualifying for the Champions League as frequently as we have done after years of not doing so is a failure on his part?

The grass isn't always greener mate and personally I think Poch deserves a few more games to settle things. We are still 1 point off of top 4 and still only 1 win away from from top 2 in the Champions League. The damage isn't as bad as it looks

I agree. Totally.

I don’t think it’s bad to fail to win away from home in 9 months. You cannot blame the gaffer for that. It’s not like he trains, picks and selects the tactics and team. Hardly his fault that.

I think it’s unreasonable that he is expected to put a team out to beat tosh like West Ham in a brand new “1 billion £” stadium. I think it’s more than ok to give that bunch their bragging rights over us by simply not bothering to compete for the ball. Hardly Poch’s fault.

Records are there to be broken and our man and his boys have yet another record to be held up for all to see tonight. Bravo. It’s never going to be any better than this. Rowe, Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Venables, Graham and even Random Ramos were a fucking joke compared to our man.

I honestly think it’s asking too much to be given “world class” training facilities, a team hotel and every conceivable luxury, which you have hand picked at the training ground and then have the absolute cheek to expect a bunch of multi millionaire to not humiliate themselves at home in a massive game. Jesus what do people honestly expect ? We have never had it so good. We lost a European final for Christ sake. Is that not good enough ?

I also believe that having worse form than Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc this calendar year is totally ok as we have Beaver Town on tap @ £5 a pint. Fuck the form when you can get Pizza and a pint for under £15. A bargain !

And I have no problem with tonight. We were well in this game and if only 4 of them goals did not go in, we would only have lost 2-3, which would have been an excellent as we are a
Plucky little club who don’t have any history or pride and really. Thank god we never did a Leeds.

I also think Daniel Levy is just a fantastic business man as his 2 games a season NFL deal proves. He has really been good news and I don’t mind at all paying £65 to be in the cold and rain tonight to watch some cunt ( and I shit you not ) have a Greek teams shirt on and their flag in the home end and no fucker say anything, that’s all good with me. That’s ENIC’s way.

Come on you Spurs.

PS. Sorry mate - I am not digging you. It’s not your post I am objecting to, just very hurt tonight and don’t see much to pat any backs about.

Back
Top Bottom