Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Yup, the form has been shocking but it hasn't damaged us yet, I want to give him time to get this project back on track.

He has his new players now, we've been riding our luck but the damage isn't a sign bad as it looks.

Still in the Champions League, we should still qualify with the two other teams we are still to play at home and we are still only a point off of top 4 very early doors. I won't be changing my vote from Poch in to anything else for a while yet but don't misinterpret that as me being happy about the situation at the moment, I'm far from it.
Ok fair points, when will enough be enough for you? Judge at Xmas, perhaps?

So are you saying no other managers tactics could of stopped us losing 7-2 tonight with the players we have?

I am not saying that, at all, Poch doesn't have an excuse for his awful tactical performances, I can't see him fixing this now, that sort of result we have just seen is the sort of result that ends a managers tenure imo.

What I am saying is, that whilst another manager could have done a better job, in the end we will always run into the same issue, an empty trophy cabinet.

So are you saying no other managers tactics could of stopped us losing 7-2 tonight with the players we have?
At 4-2 he had to go for it. We took a fucking spanking and he has to learn from it. The 4th goal (all on winks I'm afraid) killed us. The penalty gave us hope. Poch went for it by loading up the front, but we got taken apart by a technically better side.

Just got back from the game, I’ve changed my mind about Poch it’s over for him. His cycle has ended and I don’t see any way he turns this around now, we need to act fast or we risk losing top 4 too.

Yup, the form has been shocking but it hasn't damaged us yet, I want to give him time to get this project back on track.

He has his new players now, we've been riding our luck but the damage isn't a sign bad as it looks.

Still in the Champions League, we should still qualify with the two other teams we are still to play at home and we are still only a point off of top 4 very early doors. I won't be changing my vote from Poch in to anything else for a while yet but don't misinterpret that as me being happy about the situation at the moment, I'm far from it.
New players: ndombele can't play 90 minutes, the other two are too green and at least a year away from stepping up.

I am not saying that, at all, Poch doesn't have an excuse for his awful tactical performances, I can't see him fixing this now, that sort of result we have just seen is the sort of result that ends a managers tenure imo.

What I am saying is, that whilst another manager could have done a better job, in the end we will always run into the same issue, an empty trophy cabinet.
He has had teams and squads capable of winning things. Its always been his tactics or personnel changes that have cost us. Someone said earlier he is a glorified p.e teacher and that is exactly what he is

What has Pochettino said?

"I was happiest I have been this season 30 mins in...move on from the game, take positives...give credit to t he players, this did well for the first 30...I warned everyone this was going to be a hard season"

Nothing of any real interest tbh.

New players: ndombele can't play 90 minutes, the other two are too green and at least a year away from stepping up.

Ndombele has been training at the club for basically three months at this point. If he can't play 90, then I have to admit that I'm a bit confused as to why he can't. What did Winks do to justify being played as long as he was tonight?

Ndombele has been training at the club for basically three months at this point. If he can't play 90, then I have to admit that I'm a bit confused as to why he can't. What did Winks do to justify being played as long as he was tonight?

Or Dele

At 4-2 he had to go for it. We took a fucking spanking and he has to learn from it. The 4th goal (all on winks I'm afraid) killed us. The penalty gave us hope. Poch went for it by loading up the front, but we got taken apart by a technically better side.
So what about his ridiculous half time tactical switch that didn't work. The man is clueless and gets shown up time and time again. He is not an elite manager and never ever will be

Back
Top Bottom