Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Honestly I don't think the attack has any blame tonight, was fine with Alli's performance [thought he linked well with Kane especially] and Kane and obviously Son as well.

Midfield and defense were so bad. Aurier and Rose need to go like yesterday, and we can stop declaring Toby and Jan a top class CB partnership, they've been terrible this season. Add in Winks' repeated giveaways and it was a recipe for disaster.
Do you not think if the attack take their chances early on it makes things easier for the defence? Pathetic shots and decision making yet again

I'm sticking with him. He's done a lot for the club, he deserves more time than the average team would give him.

Let him redeem what this is at Spurs, he still has my vote even though he's not done himself any favours in recent times.
I too want to stick with him, and want him to succeed, but a club should judge with its head, not its heart. I want to remember him for what he did, and watching what he built crumble like this is taking it all away...

Honestly I don't think the attack has any blame tonight, was fine with Alli's performance [thought he linked well with Kane especially]
I am too angry to talk with you right now. If you think Alli's performance was fine, Mother of God. He was a disgrace. Telling other people what to do while he wandered around like a fart in a trance. He is a cunt.

Doesn't matter who we bring in, the chairman will do the same shit regardless of the manager imo.

Our chairman has committed to spending £150m on new players this summer. He operates within the clubs means and I don't get how people feel that is open to ridicule as much as he gets. It doesn't make sense to me we are financially the 6th biggest club, he has achieved more than the 6th biggest club should be so I don't buy this about Levy at all.

Last edited:
Do you not think if the attack take their chances early on it makes things easier for the defence? Pathetic shots and decision making yet again

I agree, but that also doesn't give the defense a total reason to capitulate. The line we played while Bayern just constantly played balls behind us was suicidal, and there were probably 4 or 5 other instances where poor passing/decision making from Bayern helped us massively.

Five years? You speak like us qualifying for the Champions League as frequently as we have done after years of not doing so is a failure on his part?

The grass isn't always greener mate and personally I think Poch deserves a few more games to settle things. We are still 1 point off of top 4 and still only 1 win away from from top 2 in the Champions League. The damage isn't as bad as it looks
Our form in 2019 has been awful. Sugar coat it all you like however, it's poor and Poch should be judged on results. Therefore he has had enough time, next...

This fucking guy is really saying I told you so?

It's easy to say i told you so when you're making terrible decisions that directly relates to our downfall.

He's trying to get fired so he doesn't have to quit right?

If he's lost the dressing room he's done.

Players like Lloris are totally committed to him I think, and Kane too. Winks, Sissoko and Son probably. Dele you would think because Poch lets him get away with murder really. But I look at the rest of the squad and most have reason to have a bit of annoyance at Poch for one reason or another. Toby, Jan, Rose, Dier, Moura, Eriksen...he may have lost any number of those players for one reason or another. I honestly don't know for sure. It might be more like with the fans, the players want Poch to turn it around but what they see makes no damn sense and they've lost faith in him to some degree.

I am too angry to talk with you right now. If you think Alli's performance was fine, Mother of God. He was a disgrace. Telling other people what to do while he wandered around like a fart in a trance. He is a cunt.

Especially at the end laughing and joking

He should have trooped off deeply ashamed like the rest of the wankers

Let's not lose sight of the fact we were chasing the game with 10 minute shots left. If we wanted to sit back and shut up shop at 4-2 it wouldn't not look as bad.

It ended up 7-2 because we were chasing a third and once their fifth goes in our heads and attitude drops. Not making excuses about it but it wasn't as big a drubbing as the scoreline suggests. The scoreline flatters them big time but it must be said their finishing was ruthless.

We had 8 shots on target, scored 2, they had 10 shot shots on target, scored 7, that's how it goes when you don't take your chances like we didn't numerous times in the first half.

Like I said in the match thread, you'd have a point if we looked dangerous in the last 20 minutes, if we were pushing up the pitch and raining in shots. We weren't. Did we have 1 shot on target in the last 20?

I don't think Alli was faultless, but if I was looking for scapegoats, he'd be about 6th or 7th on the list imo.

Like I said in the match thread, you'd have a point if we looked dangerous in the last 20 minutes, if we were pushing up the pitch and raining in shots. We weren't. Did we have 1 shot on target in the last 20?
We gave up. Every tactical tweak that Poch made made us worse. I could hardly believe my fucking eyes when he took off Ndombele.

I too want to stick with him, and want him to succeed, but a club should judge with its head, not its heart. I want to remember him for what he did, and watching what he built crumble like this is taking it all away...

Agreed but I think you need to listen to your heart from time to time and I say the guy deserves a few more games. We are 1 point off of top 4 and we lost to a far better and bigger team in the Champions League. It happens I think calls for his head are a little premature. I'm sticking with him even if I'm pissed off with what he's served up in recent months. I say we give him time. We are still in a decent place even though it looks ropey as at the moment.

I'm backing Poch, I say we get behind him and let this spell pass. My gut tells me we can't and shouldn't be hasty so I'm sticking with that for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom