Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters

Let's go back to last match...

I know Poch is just trying to protect his captain here but this quote sums up 2019

Hugo has never been a good ball playing keeper yet Poch continues to make him play out of the back.

Poch continues to smash a square peg in round hole. How is it that our manager still doesn’t know the strength and weakness of his players?

I'm willing to give Poch another transfer window to make things right because he's earned it, but a lot of his tactical decisions are really fucking bizarre. Why did he leave Lamela, one of our best players so far this season on the bench until the last 10 or so minutes? Why did Dele start today instead of him? What is it that Dele can do that Lamela can't do better in their current forms?

Seriously I can't really fathom what's going on in Poch's mind, and I'm starting to doubt that he himself can.

The worrying thing is players who wasn't wanted/wanted to go are still starting.
Be ruthless and have faith in the others who want to be here.

I swear to fucking God. Pairing Alli with Kane and putting Son on the right side of a midfield 4 was right up there with the most stupid fucking things I have ever seen on a football pitch. Our most dangerous player cancelled out by outrageous incompetence.

Levy still loves him. Won't be sacked.
Wenger survived those big match beatings cos he was too big to drop.
But if the team has given up, and Poch is sick of the players he couldn't shift out, he might well walk.

I swear to fucking God. Pairing Alli with Kane and putting Son on the right side of a midfield 4 was right up there with the most stupid fucking things I have ever seen on a football pitch. Our most dangerous player cancelled out by outrageous incompetence.

Son was doing so well running in behind Pavard and Sule, and playing off the last man. Getting put wide left and right just wasted our most potent attacking outlet so Lucas could come on and do his job less well.

Poch talked in his book about coming close to quitting early on at Spurs, he was really thinking it might not work out, but he stuck at it and got past that stage, turned a corner. But that period was nowhere near as bad as this here has been and we are several years into the project at this point. If he can turn this around he will be a true wizard.

I want so badly to sing again "He's magic, you know, mauricio pochettino". I'm not sure we'll get the chance. A lot will depend on his character, whether he can muster the strength to carry on and then his ability, whether he can work out how to get out of this situation and into a better one. Talk to the squad, reset everything. Go back to basics.

Son was doing so well running in behind Pavard and Sule, and playing off the last man. Getting put wide left and right just wasted our most potent attacking outlet so Lucas could come on and do his job less well.
Yeah, but before that, we had to suffer Alli partnering Kane when he should have been subbed off after about 20 mins. The players must be looking at Poch and thinking that he is a total moron, generally speaking, because these stupid choices have been killing us for too long.

Came just one goal away from matching our record biggest defeat....

Let's not lose sight of the fact we were chasing the game with 10 minutes left. If we wanted to sit back and shut up shop at 4-2 it wouldn't look as bad.

It ended up 7-2 because we were chasing a third and once their fifth goes in our heads and attitude drops. Not making excuses about it but it wasn't as big a drubbing as the scoreline suggests. The scoreline flatters them big time but it must be said their finishing was ruthless.

We had 8 shots on target, scored 2, they had 10 shot shots on target, scored 7, that's how it goes when you don't take your chances like we didn't numerous times in the first half.

Last edited:
Poch talked in his book about coming close to quitting early on at Spurs, he was really thinking it might not work out, but he stuck at it and got past that stage, turned a corner. But that period was nowhere near as bad as this here has been and we are several years into the project at this point. If he can turn this around he will be a true wizard.

I want so badly to sing again "He's magic, you know, mauricio pochettino". I'm not sure we'll get the chance. A lot will depend on his character, whether he can muster the strength to carry on and then his ability, whether he can work out how to get out of this situation and into a better one. Talk to the squad, reset everything. Go back to basics.

If he's lost the dressing room he's done.

I'm willing to give Poch another transfer window to make things right because he's earned it, but a lot of his tactical decisions are really fucking bizarre. Why did he leave Lamela, one of our best players so far this season on the bench until the last 10 or so minutes? Why did Dele start today instead of him? What is it that Dele can do that Lamela can't do better in their current forms?

Seriously I can't really fathom what's going on in Poch's mind, and I'm starting to doubt that he himself can.
Does it not worry you that by the time the January window opens our situation may require us to buy Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappe ???
You forget that giving Poch another window means Levy giving Poch more spending money, personally speaking, at the moment I cannot see Daniel lending him a coin for the car park.

Yeah, but before that, we had to suffer Alli partnering Kane when he should have been subbed off after about 20 mins. The players must be looking at Poch and thinking that he is a total moron.

Honestly I don't think the attack has any blame tonight, was fine with Alli's performance [thought he linked well with Kane especially] and Kane and obviously Son as well.

Midfield and defense were so bad. Aurier and Rose need to go like yesterday, and we can stop declaring Toby and Jan a top class CB partnership, they've been terrible this season. Add in Winks' repeated giveaways and it was a recipe for disaster.

Five years not long enough?

Five years? You speak like us qualifying for the Champions League as frequently as we have done after years of not doing so is a failure on his part?

The grass isn't always greener mate and personally I think Poch deserves a few more games to settle things. We are still 1 point off of top 4 and still only 1 win away from from top 2 in the Champions League. The damage isn't as bad as it looks

Does it not worry you that by the time the January window opens our situation may require us to buy Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappe ???
You forget that giving Poch another window means Levy giving Poch more spending money, personally speaking, at the moment I cannot see Daniel lending him a coin for the car park.

Doesn't matter who we bring in, the chairman will do the same shit regardless of the manager imo.

Back
Top Bottom