Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters

giphy.gif

In six years we’ve lost Walker and Trippier from the first team.

Dembele was brilliant, but not to be relied on fitness wise, we all know that.
Poch fell out with Walker and outed him. Not the first player and not the last, as we are seeing now.
Trippier you called champo.

Would you actually blame Dier and Moura for leaving? I wouldn’t.

Let’s not try and paint a picture that Pochs hands are tied because our best players have been plucked away, those days are long gone.

We kept them all when two years ago you said they would be sold. The irony is that some of them should have been sold.

I agree with it all except Wanyama was bought on when we were winning .... :levyeyes:

Take off last seasons central midfielder who was most people’s player of the season, and bring on one that’s been injured and poor for over a year, and that we just tried to sell and will leave in January.

Apparently this substitution was the result of the 2018 summer transfer window.

From anyone in the fully poch out camp, who do we think we could get to replace him if he were to walk or fell on his sword?
I’m not fully out, but something ain’t right at the club right now , as others have said his decisions are baffling sometimes , and it seems he plays players on merit not form, it seems he has his favourites and if you are part of that group you get a free pass, this can’t be good for squad harmony plus why are we trying to turn Sanchez into a RB? Is his head so far up his own ass that he wants to prove us all wrong and turn Sanchez into a world class right back? He was a quality CB when he had a run off games with jan yet he continues to play Toby even though he is gone at the end of the season, same with Erisken , last season we could all see his head wasn’t in it but poch continues to play him, some weird decisions from the big man and if things Don’t change soon then it’s best he goes but the big question is who realistically could we get in to replace him?

I can’t sympathise with this rebuild thing either though to be fair. In six years he’s lost Walker and Dembele.

I’m not sure what he’s rebuilding. It’s practically the same squad with the addition of a supposedly top drawer CM.

All the turmoil is self inflicted:

He dumped an on fire Davies who was a key player in the run of 1 defeat in some 22 games, and reintroduced a big mouth know it all who slagged off the entire club and said he was leaving in the papers. He then held talks on deadline day but is still somehow our first choice LB. Rose is average as fuck, and Davies form has suffered from his sheer mismanagement.

He treated Trippier with disdain giving the player no option but to leave for greater pastures. He fucked him off after one poor injury ravaged season, yet stuck with Lamela for nearly two years off the pitch.
He outcasted Aurier for months on end. KWP made a very good debut two seasons ago, but was not seen for nearly 18 months after that.
Now hes trying to hone Sanchez into a RB and leaving two actual RBs out.

Toby wasn’t committed so he was dropped.
Sanchez stepped in and was excellent with Jan for half that season.
Like Davies, he is then dropped and given a bit part role as thanks. Form went to shit.

Eriksen hasn’t signed a new contract since 2016. Poch has been hell bent on keeping a player that was clearly going to run his contract down, and turns up when he feels like it.
We’ve had Moura, Son, Lamela and Winks who could have all been deployed in his space over the last season as we tried to phase him out.
Instead we just start this season with Eriksen on the bench, even though he deemed LoCelso not ready to play.

Jan in the middle of the summer says how he wants to sign a new deal and stay here at Spurs.
A month later he’s dropped with a black eye.

Dele has been shite. Yet if he’s fit, he plays.
No rebuild needed there, it’s the same player he always picked.

Kane plays every second he can walk. While his cover have both been let go and no second striker even looked at.

Wanyama is basically called a charity case by the manager in the press, then almost sold on deadline day......you expect commitment and motivation if and when he’s thrown into the pitch out of desperation in 4 months in some random game we are losing with ten minutes left?

Dier despite injuries has just been completely fucked off, because seemingly Dele is a deep lying CM.

So here we are.....it’s not a rebuild, it’s a re hash.
A jumbled up crap version of 2016, and it’s all on the manager for not managing the situation in front of him.

Wow, when you put it like that:sonhmm:

Take off last seasons central midfielder who was most people’s player of the season, and bring on one that’s been injured and poor for over a year, and that we just tried to sell and will leave in January.

Apparently this substitution was the result of the 2018 summer transfer window.
That sub made no sense what so ever, why is he even on the bench? Surely Dier and Skipp have to be above him in the pecking order? Can you imagine pep or klopp bringing on such a broken player when winning 1-0 away from home ? For me the first sub should have been son for Lucas

hes been backed more than Klopp has. Over the period Klopp has been at Liverpool, our net spend is higher

The travesty is that if he had gone to Hull for 9M left back to replace Rose, John would have paid for a Levy Out plane to fly over every home game.

If we had stuck with Milner and Henderson, he’d be putting Semtex under Joe Lewis’ yacht(s)

If we went with an academy RB, John would stroking pictures of Pochs face and cry wanking himself to sleep.

If we had Coutinho in the form he was in and sold him half way through a season, I’d genuinely fear for Levys life, and Johns well being.

What John doesn’t realise is that simply certain teams have better managers than us.

The travesty is that if he had gone to Hull for 9M left back to replace Rose, John would have paid for a Levy Out plane to fly over every home game.

If we had stuck with Milner and Henderson, he’d be putting Semtex under Joe Lewis’ yacht(s)

If we went with an academy RB, John would stroking pictures of Pochs face and cry wanking himself to sleep.

If we had Coutinho in the form he was in and sold him half way through a season, I’d genuinely fear for Levys life, and Johns well being.

What John doesn’t realise is that simply certain teams have better managers than us.
if we signed Messi on a free, he would be calling Levy tight

From anyone in the fully poch out camp, who do we think we could get to replace him if he were to walk or fell on his sword?
I’m not fully out, but something ain’t right at the club right now , as others have said his decisions are baffling sometimes , and it seems he plays players on merit not form, it seems he has his favourites and if you are part of that group you get a free pass, this can’t be good for squad harmony plus why are we trying to turn Sanchez into a RB? Is his head so far up his own ass that he wants to prove us all wrong and turn Sanchez into a world class right back? He was a quality CB when he had a run off games with jan yet he continues to play Toby even though he is gone at the end of the season, same with Erisken , last season we could all see his head wasn’t in it but poch continues to play him, some weird decisions from the big man and if things Don’t change soon then it’s best he goes but the big question is who realistically could we get in to replace him?
Why is it always incumbent upon anyone who thinks Poch should leave to have to name his replacement ?. It doesn't matter who people choose ...the members who want him to stay will rip their selections to pieces in order to justify their stance.
I just feel everything is stale and we need a fresh pair of eyes to look at the squad and decide what's required to stop this downward spiral and get us back on track to challenging for trophies and titles.
Whoever came in would be under intense scrutiny after Poch's reign but perhaps a newcomer's prospective on things is exactly what we need to identify the short fallings.
I also think it would be the best for both parties if something happened sooner rather than later.
That's just my viewpoint and I accept others will not share it.I would have to trust Daniel and his board to pick a suitable successor. I admit that is a daunting task but it should not be used as justification to keep Poch.

Can't believe how many of you is willing to turn their back on this man. Don't moan then when the likes of Modric, Bale or Kane leave, they are cunts talk etc...

Rough time for Poch, we don't look good. At times we do, 1st half against Woolwich, against Palace... Although yesterday we were solid.

Rose wanted to leave. Look at his marking of first goal yesterday. Not the first time, we saw it a lot during last season, Southampton is example.
Eriksen wanted to leave - he's still playing like shit.
Jan situation - he doesn't look like a player from last season.
Ndombele, Ko Celso and Sessegnon barely played, and they are 1st team players.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS said yesterday on twitter he thinks half of players in the lineup yesterday won't be there in the second part of the season. Little bit overreacting, but he's not far from truth.

Things aren't looking good, for sure. But I'm willing to give Poch time during the season with new players to get us football style back. We showed against Palace is duable.

Don't wanna hear cunts saying he's been here for six years and needs more time.. Context you cunts! Time for get him strongest eleven. Time to manage this season.

Calling for his name after couple of fixtures is disrespectful, woolwich behaviour.

Can't believe how many of you is willing to turn their back on this man. Don't moan then when the likes of Modric, Bale or Kane leave, they are cunts talk etc...

Rough time for Poch, we don't look good. At times we do, 1st half against Woolwich, against Palace... Although yesterday we were solid.

Rose wanted to leave. Look at his marking of first goal yesterday. Not the first time, we saw it a lot during last season, Southampton is example.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS said yesterday on twitter he thinks half of players in the lineup yesterday won't be there in the second part of the season. Little bit overreacting, but he's not far from truth.

Things aren't looking good, for sure. But I'm willing to give Poch time during the season with new players to get us football style back. We showed against Palace is duable.

Don't wanna hear cunts saying he's been here for six years and needs more time.. Context you cunts! Time for get him strongest eleven. Time to manage this season.

Calling for his name after couple of fixtures is disrespectful, woolwich behaviour.
Everyone will have a different opinion of how long we can carry on before 'respectfully' questioning his tenure but surely the general consensus at the moment is "Houston, we have a problem".

No thanks, a massive downgrade

Sideways step rather than massive downgrade. He fits in with the type of managers Levy goes for. 2nd/3rd tier blokes. Hoddle, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Poch.

Imo the next manager will be someone like Howe, Rodgers, Southgate, Ten Haag, maybe Tuchel.

Anyway whoever Levy goes for it will be the kiss if death for their careers once their Spurs journey is over. What ever happened to Hoddle, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB after they left Spurs?? Oh I forgot poor Timmy as well:sherwoodwtf:

Hate to break it to you but Modric and Bale have already left.

Not calling for his head. Need all our players back. I’d give him this season without question.

But it’s not ‘a couple of fixtures’. Since February, our league form is almost relegation worthy. We have been fucking awful.

Interesting point from Windycoys. I think they will still be at the club after the new year but it's very possible they won't be in the team. It depends where we are in the table and if Poch is still here. If we are not in the top 4 race and results and performances are as bad as they have been since a good part of the second half of last season then Poch might as well sideline Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dier, Eriksen and whoever else no longer wants to be at the club and instead select whoever is willing to be part of the future.

Back
Top Bottom