Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
This punching above his weight is a feeble excuse
I don't care how much others have spent. He has had at least the 3rd best team/squad for years now. He didn't need another 500 million to compete. He and the team should of delivered with trophy by now. And what is looking more obvious is everyone is realising they ain't going to win anything while at spurs

This.

Can’t stand the spend bollocks.
We had the best striker in the world who would have cost 200M for free.

People falling over themselves saying how Dele and Eriksen are two of the best forwards on the planet. 19M combined.

What the fuck difference does the price make? It’s the quality that counts.

I suppose people would prefer John Stones to Toby and Jan seeing as he cost some 20M more than we paid for both?

And I suppose Sanchez must be a better buy than Salah and Mane?
This excuse can fuck off.....we have finished above every single one of the top 5 under Poch.

What, we were outspending City an Chelsea and Utd and Liverpool between 2015-2018?
Piss poor nonsense.....look at our football ffs.

We just spent 64M on the holy CM....Poch long term target. The answer to the 3 year problem. Well he looks like a 45yr old overweight boxer doing less than Sissoko and Dier in this system.

SPEND MORE!!!!!

He is bordering on Redknapp levels now - if he is here next season I will be stunned.

For all the insults and vitriol I have received every call I have made on him has been correct. The number of supporters who gave him such a free pass area complete embarrassment to the club.

And that's all that fucking matters to you, that you've been proven to be right.

What a cunt!

Some on here have been hyping up Hassenhutl, last night his team were spanked at home. To Bournemouth. Does that result put Howe in the box seat to replace Poch? What happens when they next lose? Going to move onto the next bright shiny thing?

We have a top manager in place but he's in the midst of a painful rebuild whilst Levy is still holding back transfer funds.

Can we just get behind the team? Can some of you stop acting like whiney self-entitled Gooners all the time?

We win today and we move up to second. Second!

Some of youse are acting as if were bottom of the league with 2 points after 8 games!

:pochfacepalm:

Just the motivation the players need for today. What is wrong with the guy :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Manage the team and shut your mouth.

Starting to stink of Jose “sack me” tactics

Is any other manager even doing press conferences? All I can see is Poch slagging off the team every day.

No other managers seem to doing these extensive interviews

We have a top manager in place but he's in the midst of a painful rebuild whilst Levy is still holding back transfer funds.

He just got 130M less than 6 months after the club opened a 1.2bn stadium.
Holding back funds indeed.

Makes me laugh, you were all happy for Lo Celso to sit out games....defending the manager and claiming he wasn’t ready yet. Then you cry about lack of funds for new players.

Then you laud the season:
“WE CAN GO SECOND!!!!!!!!!”

While claiming the squad is not good enough.
Make your minds up ffs.....oh he’s a miracle worker right.

Last edited:
Starting to stink of Jose “sack me” tactics

Is any other manager even doing press conferences? All I can see is Poch slagging off the team every day.

No other managers seem to doing these extensive interviews
Definitely doing the mourinho sack me thing

I said before he isn't even coming accross as a likeable anymore just constantly fucking moaning about something or playing the victim

And that's all that fucking matters to you, that you've been proven to be right.

What a cunt!

Some on here have been hyping up Hassenhutl, last night his team were spanked at home. To Bournemouth. Does that result put Howe in the box seat to replace Poch? What happens when they next lose? Going to move onto the next bright shiny thing?

Can we just get behind the team? Can some of you stop acting like whiney self-entitled Gooners all the time?

We win today and we move up to second. Second!

Some of youse are acting as if were bottom of the league with 2 points after 8 games!

:pochfacepalm:

I’m a bit torn here and just want what’s best for our glorious Club

I get what Sammy and others are saying but you’re right Poch is in the middle of a massive rebuild which isn’t easy even for SAF

Jan and Toby are both approaching the end part of their careers
Rose isn’t the player he once was
CE enough already

The injuries do worry me though and they keep coming

Hoping for a good performance today and a decisive result
COYS

I’m a bit torn here and just want what’s best for our glorious Club

I get what Sammy and others are saying but you’re right Poch is in the middle of a massive rebuild which isn’t easy even for SAF

Jan and Toby are both approaching the end part of their careers
Rose isn’t the player he once was
CE enough already

The injuries do worry me though and they keep coming

Hoping for a good performance today and a decisive result
COYS

I can’t sympathise with this rebuild thing either though to be fair. In six years he’s lost Walker and Dembele.

I’m not sure what he’s rebuilding. It’s practically the same squad with the addition of a supposedly top drawer CM.

All the turmoil is self inflicted:

He dumped an on fire Davies who was a key player in the run of 1 defeat in some 22 games, and reintroduced a big mouth know it all who slagged off the entire club and said he was leaving in the papers. He then held talks on deadline day but is still somehow our first choice LB. Rose is average as fuck, and Davies form has suffered from his sheer mismanagement.

He treated Trippier with disdain giving the player no option but to leave for greater pastures. He fucked him off after one poor injury ravaged season, yet stuck with Lamela for nearly two years off the pitch.
He outcasted Aurier for months on end. KWP made a very good debut two seasons ago, but was not seen for nearly 18 months after that.
Now hes trying to hone Sanchez into a RB and leaving two actual RBs out.

Toby wasn’t committed so he was dropped.
Sanchez stepped in and was excellent with Jan for half that season.
Like Davies, he is then dropped and given a bit part role as thanks. Form went to shit.

Eriksen hasn’t signed a new contract since 2016. Poch has been hell bent on keeping a player that was clearly going to run his contract down, and turns up when he feels like it.
We’ve had Moura, Son, Lamela and Winks who could have all been deployed in his space over the last season as we tried to phase him out.
Instead we just start this season with Eriksen on the bench, even though he deemed LoCelso not ready to play.

Jan in the middle of the summer says how he wants to sign a new deal and stay here at Spurs.
A month later he’s dropped with a black eye.

Dele has been shite. Yet if he’s fit, he plays.
No rebuild needed there, it’s the same player he always picked.

Kane plays every second he can walk. While his cover have both been let go and no second striker even looked at.

Wanyama is basically called a charity case by the manager in the press, then almost sold on deadline day......you expect commitment and motivation if and when he’s thrown into the pitch out of desperation in 4 months in some random game we are losing with ten minutes left?

Dier despite injuries has just been completely fucked off, because seemingly Dele is a deep lying CM.

So here we are.....it’s not a rebuild, it’s a re hash.
A jumbled up crap version of 2016, and it’s all on the manager for not managing the situation in front of him.

Last edited:
I can’t sympathise with this rebuild thing either though to be fair. In six years he’s lost Walker and Dembele.

I’m not sure what he’s rebuilding. It’s practically the same squad with the addition of a supposedly top drawer CM.

All the turmoil is self inflicted:

He dumped an on fire Davies who was a key player in the run of 1 defeat in some 22 games, and reintroduced a big mouth know it all who slagged off the entire club and said he was leaving in the papers. He then held talks on deadline day but is still somehow our first choice LB. Rose is average as fuck, and Davies form has suffered from his sheer mismanagement.

He treated Trippier with disdain giving the player no option but to leave for greater pastures. He fucked him off after one poor injury ravaged season, yet stuck with Lamela for nearly two years off the pitch.
He outcasted Aurier for months on end. KWP made a very good debut two seasons ago, but was not seen for nearly 18 months after that.
Now hes trying to hone Sanchez into a RB and leaving two actual RBs out.

Toby wasn’t committed so he was dropped.
Sanchez stepped in and was excellent with Jan for half that season.
Like Davies, he is then dropped and given a bit part role as thanks. Form went to shit.

Eriksen hasn’t signed a new contract since 2016. Poch has been hell bent on keeping a player that was clearly going to run his contract down, and turns up when he feels like it.
We’ve had Moura, Son, Lamela and Winks who could have all been deployed in his space over the last season as we tried to phase him out.
Instead we just start this season with Eriksen on the bench, even though he deemed LoCelso not ready to play.

Jan in the middle of the summer says how he wants to sign a new deal and stay here at Spurs.
A month later he’s dropped with a black eye.

Dele has been shite. Yet if he’s fit, he plays.
No rebuild needed there, it’s the same player he always picked.

Kane plays every second he can walk. While his cover have both been let go and no second striker even looked at.

Wanyama is basically called a charity case by the manager in the press, then almost sold on deadline day......you expect commitment and motivation if and when he’s thrown into the pitch out of desperation in 4 months in stone random game we are losing with ten minutes left?

Dier despite injuries has just been completely fucked off, because seemingly Dele is a deep lying CM.

So here we are.....it’s not a rebuild, it’s a re hash.
A jumbled up crap version of 2016, and it’s all on the manager for managing the situation in front of him.

Lots of good points but didn’t Wanyama pull out at the last minute?
(Shame Wheelchairs Father didn’t!!)

A lot can be explained by injuries and also our policy of rushing players back too early
This applies to Dele, Harry, Dier, Lamela imv

Sanchez is never going to be a RB while he’s got a hole in his arse and this was clearly evident in the NLD
You play him at CB or not at all

Yes Rose was out of order opening his Gob but that was over a year ago and I prefer him to Davie although still not the player he was

When he first arrived I wasn’t happy with Poch and didn’t want him in the first place as the thread comments will show as I felt he had never won anything and played an under strength team in a NLD league cup tie which we lost but I took it all back in our title challenge against Leicester
Bearing in mind during that season the Dippers eventually finished 8th and now look at the fuckers
Early I know but probably going to win the league and we’ll never hear the end of it

Poch makes mistakes with team selection and substitutes which is fine but he seems not to learn from them and is very stubborn and doesn’t even acknowledge them

I take your point about certain players losing their confidence because of his mis management

Biggest example I can think of was Soldado
Top striker and struggled with confidence issues but always gave 100% and just when he looked as though he had turned the corner scoring a cracking goal against Everton he was dropped again
He must have thought “what can I do?”

Some Gooner and Dipper mates saying Poch will be at RM by Xmas
I always say bollocks as they also reckoned that he would be at OT at the start of the season but I have a horrible feeling that this time they could be right

BUT fingers crossed today
COYS

Back
Top Bottom