Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Lack of a proper leader on the pitch.Getting one would go a long way to sorting it out IMHO.
Lloris isn't a captain.Or not a team captain.Club captain maybe
Add to that a lack of any real fighter in the current side. Most of our current starting 11 have to have their buttons pushed to develop that real grit.

Dier has not been the best when it comes to his overall play but it cannot be denied that he brought a lot of "steel" to the 11 when he plays.

And whose fault is this?

I mean Poch seems to be afraid of anyone with strong backbone. Afraid that someone like this would undermine him or whadever. I think that's why we have never for once went for such player. He likes "good boys" who follow his instructions and never would even dream of "rocking the boat", or cause any such issues.

I mean look at Bayern Munich for example - Robben and Muller got into a fight. I am 100% sure that Poch would have either frozen out both or at least one of them in such instance. But at times such attitude gives you the edge. They played together in the same team for 8 years (!) in the end... winning CL and 7 straight BL titles.

I just think that Poch is an idealistic guy, who puts the "philosophy" or "ideals" over actual results.

And whose fault is this?

I mean Poch seems to be afraid of anyone with strong backbone. Afraid that someone like this would undermine him or whadever. I think that's why we have never for once went for such player. He likes "good boys" who follow his instructions and never would even dream of "rocking the boat", or cause any such issues.

I mean look at Bayern Munich for example - Robben and Muller got into a fight. I am 100% sure that Poch would have either frozen out both or at least one of them in such instance. But at times such attitude gives you the edge. They played together in the same team for 8 years (!) in the end... winning CL and 7 straight BL titles.

I just think that Poch is an idealistic guy, who puts the "philosophy" or "ideals" over actual results.
I agree,eventually you have to lay the blame at the boss's feet when after so many years we still don't have a leader. I am not anti poch at all. But the buck stops somewhere.

I agree,eventually you have to lay the blame at the boss's feet when after so many years we still don't have a leader. I am not anti poch at all. But the buck stops somewhere.

I don't think anyone here is "anti-Poch" actually.
I believe we all love the lad, and appreciate what he has done for the club.

I just believe that to make best use of his good work in laying foundation, we would need a fresh energy and new ideas. When we leave out the CL run last year, we have been on downward slope for quite some time now. Maybe it could work if he could admit some of his shortcomings and bring in an assistant manager who would be tactics genius and would help to find some new ideas. Yet I very much doubt that he could admit his shortcomings/lack of new ideas.

As I said- he is an idealist and absolutist - he wants the team to play in a way he envisions. And then we play against every opposition this way. Not changing our approach based on what we go against. We have been doing this for 6 years, and have won nothing, with having best CB partnership for ages in Toby and Jan, best striker in ages in Kane, super talented sidekicks for Kane in Son and Alli with one of the best playmakers in Europe in Eriksen. Don't get me wrong - he has significant impact in the fact that we have all that - he has helped them to develop and has been keeping the squad together well. Just I can't see how will we take a step up with playing the same game and constantly making the same mistakes (like Kane pointed out).

Last edited:

No doubt about that and there should be no Teflon head- coach or manager no matter what previous stability he has brought about. I’m not of the Poch-out clan ( I don’t think anyone really is), but so near yet so far last season leaves a bad taste in my mouth - he needs to turn the nearly men in to achievers or we have to find someone that will; and I will be the first to shout “Poch -out”, if this season ends in anticlimax!

And I do t think I’m the only one: :levystare:

So none of you noticed levy’s latest comments?

How much you think our competitors have spent in the last 6 years including wages....

Not saying Poch is perfect but he’s punched above his weight management wise for years now

So none of you noticed levy’s latest comments?

How much you think our competitors have spent in the last 6 years including wages....

Not saying Poch is perfect but he’s punched above his weight management wise for years now
This punching above his weight is a feeble excuse
I don't care how much others have spent. He has had at least the 3rd best team/squad for years now. He didn't need another 500 million to compete. He and the team should of delivered with trophy by now. And what is looking more obvious is everyone is realising they ain't going to win anything while at spurs

Just the motivation the players need for today. What is wrong with the guy :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Manage the team and shut your mouth.

Hmmm....

It's either him stating a fact in his mind, although surely it's he who accepts one striker in the squad and he, who sanctioned the sale of the right back he favoured last season, or saying to the players, prove you are the best squad or a better squad than he believes.

If truth be told who has left as opposed to who has not improved?

I would however say that the squad or team that finished 2nd to Chelsea would rip this current squad/,team to bits.

Wanyama and Dembele were outstanding, Kane nearly unstoppable, Alli simply mercurial and that as a whole our power was irrepressible.

On that basis it's fair comment but does not need to be said.

I guess it's a challenge as much maybe as an admission and as some might rightly see it, an excuse.

It's for him to show he can not just inherit good players and take them through natural progression but also to show he can spot, nurture and mould potential into something effective.

He is not however as invincible as he was nor as seemingly irreplaceable as many once thought.

Last edited:
On that basis it's fair comment but does not need to be said.
Exactly. Doesn't matter if you agree or not he shouldn't be talking to these people, especially with definite negative undertones. It's as if he's constantly crying out "Poor me, look at what I have to put up with". It's becoming embarassing for the club and sounds as though he's touting for a move.

He is bordering on Redknapp levels now - if he is here next season I will be stunned.

For all the insults and vitriol I have received every call I have made on him has been correct. The number of supporters who gave him such a free pass area complete embarrassment to the club.

He is bordering on Redknapp levels now - if he is here next season I will be stunned.

For all the insults and vitriol I have received every call I have made on him has been correct. The number of supporters who gave him such a free pass area complete embarrassment to the club.
Do you get a prize for that, or do you just give yourself a pat on the back?

Do you get a prize for that, or do you just give yourself a pat on the back?

No I will just reminded gormless real fanz like you with your endless ‘ he is the best manager in my lifetime’ narrative just how hopelessly wrong you were.

Well done you played a part in one of the best spurs sides in generation being wasted. Top fan

Just the motivation the players need for today. What is wrong with the guy :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Manage the team and shut your mouth.
He wants out, the three signings went wrong, two injured for months and one fat can’t run . Foyth and Sanchez aren’t coming good to replace V and T. As you said either shut up or be decent and resign walk out but don’t again and again insult the players and demoralise the team.
It seems he has big ego and when things go wrong he will blame someone else, the team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom