Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
What would sacking another manager achieve? I would say okay yeah fair enough if the guy had been given an unlimited amount of funds each season and still couldn't achieve anything but we're talking about a pair of owners that literally make a profit in every transfer window and even make PL history by not buying a single player in a transfer window, and that's the only bit of history these greedy fookers will ever fucking make. That's their legacy. Bleeding this club for every penny. And I honestly couldn't give a fook about the stadium, their overpriced beers and NFL franchise. All a money grab. I can tell you now that the extra money from the stadium will never be used to invest in the team and the club ethos will always be to sell to buy, make a net profit each window and scrape into champions league for TV revenue whilst bullshitting the fans every now and again about "projects" and "exciting football styles"

I honestly feel sorry for poch, he deserves so much better than this. He deserves respect for what he has done for spurs with the zero investment.

Agree with most of that

Poch does deserve respect and recognition for what he has achieved and Levy/ENIC deserve criticism for their lack of investment but all that doesn’t alter the fact that Poch continues to make bizarre decisions on team selection and substitutes to the team’s detriment which affect their whole performance

Yesterday was classic and it’s all been already stated re Wanyama Eriksen being brought on and Sissoko Lamela being taken off and the worst with Lucas only getting a few minutes

He’s lost it sadly

It's being realistic, there is no chance we are getting close to City and Liverpool at the moment - they are the two best teams in the world right now and this squad is miles away from both of those sides. What would sacking Poch achieve? We are shit at the moment but we will still get top 4 (I think so anyway). So if we are sacking him what is the purpose?

So that we can get a manager who will make decisions for the good of the team and not to satisfy his own prejudices and stubbornness

giphy.gif

It’s the Daily Star John.....

Why is it always incumbent upon anyone who thinks Poch should leave to have to name his replacement ?. It doesn't matter who people choose ...the members who want him to stay will rip their selections to pieces in order to justify their stance.
I just feel everything is stale and we need a fresh pair of eyes to look at the squad and decide what's required to stop this downward spiral and get us back on track to challenging for trophies and titles.
Whoever came in would be under intense scrutiny after Poch's reign but perhaps a newcomer's prospective on things is exactly what we need to identify the short fallings.
I also think it would be the best for both parties if something happened sooner rather than later.
That's just my viewpoint and I accept others will not share it.I would have to trust Daniel and his board to pick a suitable successor. I admit that is a daunting task but it should not be used as justification to keep Poch.
I’m genuinely interested in who we could get in to replace him, we are a more attractive appointment now as we have the stadium and regular CL football and a squad that is full of quality players, plus we never had this when we appointed poch and he was a bit of a gamble, surely we must be an attractive job for a proven world class manager?

Can't believe how many of you is willing to turn their back on this man. Don't moan then when the likes of Modric, Bale or Kane leave, they are cunts talk etc...

Rough time for Poch, we don't look good. At times we do, 1st half against Woolwich, against Palace... Although yesterday we were solid.

Rose wanted to leave. Look at his marking of first goal yesterday. Not the first time, we saw it a lot during last season, Southampton is example.
Eriksen wanted to leave - he's still playing like shit.
Jan situation - he doesn't look like a player from last season.
Ndombele, Ko Celso and Sessegnon barely played, and they are 1st team players.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS said yesterday on twitter he thinks half of players in the lineup yesterday won't be there in the second part of the season. Little bit overreacting, but he's not far from truth.

Things aren't looking good, for sure. But I'm willing to give Poch time during the season with new players to get us football style back. We showed against Palace is duable.

Don't wanna hear cunts saying he's been here for six years and needs more time.. Context you cunts! Time for get him strongest eleven. Time to manage this season.

Calling for his name after couple of fixtures is disrespectful, woolwich behaviour.
This is part of the problem if you ask Me, we have players who don’t want to be here and poch chooses them over players that do want to be here, if cunts don’t want to play for us then put them in the reserves and give someone else a chance , if we don’t have a like for like replacement change it tactically , as if your one of the players who wants to be here yet someone else who doesn’t gets picked over you what does that do for your confidence and the team spirt in general? Time for poch to be ruthless and get rid off the rott before it spreads

I’m genuinely interested in who we could get in to replace him, we are a more attractive appointment now as we have the stadium and regular CL football and a squad that is full of quality players, plus we never had this when we appointed poch and he was a bit of a gamble, surely we must be an attractive job for a proven world class manager?

World class?? Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Allegri? After that Ancellotti, Mourinho, Benitez, Zidane, Conte? Everyone else is a risk, unproven

Who ever wants him out is unbelievable and their moral compass is all over the place.

Poch stayed with us when our chairman decided not to back him for a record breaking 2 transfer windows and rarely backs him in other windows when compared to rival clubs.

Poch could have easily joined United or Real Madrid who clearly wanted him but he stayed loyal.

He's got us CL football season after season despite having 1 hand tied behind his back.

We will be fine thos season in regards to Top 4. Yes it's a slow start but besides Pool and City it's kind if been a slow start for most other rivals. He has his faults and some of his decision making is quite honestly baffling but sacked? Do me a fucking favour.

Borodin says we could be 9th. You say we could have gone 2nd.

It’s been 6 games!

League table starting to take shape but both your points show it’s too early.

(No one believes Wolves are being relegated?)

I think the concern is that this season seems to be a continuation of the tail end of last season. People get pissed when the same errors remain uncorrected over time. Getting rid of poch this season is ridiculous. People who want that have no gratitude or sense of scale.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid what's the general consensus on the Marcelino situation in Spain?
Not saying that he would be a replacement for Poch but I'm just curious since he seems to have been popular with the squad and fans, particularly after winning the cup.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid what's the general consensus on the Marcelino situation in Spain?
Not saying that he would be a replacement for Poch but I'm just curious since he seems to have been popular with the squad and fans, particularly after winning the cup.
There's an awful lot of sympathy for him, people feel he was treated like shit. He did a good job with a hugely disfunctional club, not sure how people view him as a manager in the broader sense though. My guess would be "decent choice for a mid-level team". I think he'd be out of his depth with us or even someone like Everton. I have no idea if he speaks English for example...

I think the concern is that this season seems to be a continuation of the tail end of last season. People get pissed when the same errors remain uncorrected over time. Getting rid of poch this season is ridiculous. People who want that have no gratitude or sense of scale.

So the fans have to put up with the same crap that’s been going on since last January?

Our CL run, great fun though it was, just papered over the cracks imv

There's an awful lot of sympathy for him, people feel he was treated like shit. He did a good job with a hugely disfunctional club, not sure how people view him as a manager in the broader sense though. My guess would be "decent choice for a mid-level team". I think he'd be out of his depth with us or even someone like Everton. I have no idea if he speaks English for example...
Thanks. I saw something like in the last 6 years he has managed to get Villareal promoted, followed by back to back top 6 finishes and then back to back CL football with Valencia and a copa.

He won't be out of work for long then.

Poch couldn’t win the Champo mate.....

Kind of the point here.
You’re still talking as if losing the CL final is an accomplishment. It’s fucking embarrassing
How do you know he can't?
Reaching the CL final IS an accomplishment, if it's not how come we haven't been there more often in our history?

Back
Top Bottom