Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
This season has been terrible so far. But we're 7th, albeit on the same points as 10th. Not relegation form is it? It's mid table form. It's depressing and feels like a massive come down. But talks of relegation are a tad dramatic.
Liverpool,everton and West ham away in our next 4 league games. We will be near the bottom of the table after those unless he goes

Do I notice a minor shift in your stance, with this post?

Happy birthday, by the way

6a00e5527958af88330111683c5d23970c-pi

Can he fix it?

Yes he can!!

He has achieved the top 4 target which is why I’ve never claimed his appointment was wrong and that Levy should go with him.

Ive never said Poch should be sacked before this season, despite the shit football since January because we made a great effort on the CL and still made 4th.

But now, we will 100% not make target this season with Poch in charge.

I think some of you struggle with the concept of regression.
You think that because it was good once, then that means it’s good now and anyone saying Poch should go must have thought the same five years ago.

He WAS the right man for the job.
NOW he is not.

Simple as that.
So your argument his he should be sacked for not achieving a target, two months into a season? I can tell you that Levy won't sack him based on that. Even if he doesn't make it this season, I don't think you're argument would hold much water really.

He would have missed out on the CL for the first in five years, twice in 6 years. How many times have we missed out on the CL in 19 years? You can't just blame Poch for everything and ENIC for nothing, that's bollocks.

So your argument his he should be sacked for not achieving a target, two months into a season? I can tell you that Levy won't sack him based on that. Even if he doesn't make it this season, I don't think you're argument would hold much water really.

He would have missed out on the CL for the first in five years, twice in 6 years. How many times have we missed out on the CL in 19 years? You can't just blame Poch for everything and ENIC for nothing, that's bollocks.
My argument is he should be sacked as a proactive measure after:

Losing the dressing room

Playing degenerative football for 10 months despite reaching 4th

Constantly struggling against lower half (4th division) teams

Having no direction or style of play

Not using the squad eg wasting funds

Constantly undermining the club in public

A clear prognosis that our target will not be met

My argument is he should be sacked as a proactive measure after:

Losing the dressing room

Playing degenerative football for 10 months despite reaching 4th

Constantly struggling against lower half (4th division) teams

Having no direction or style of play

Not using the squad eg wasting funds

Constantly undermining the club in public

A clear prognosis that our target will not be met
Why because you say so? I don't think we will get top 4 but clearly it's not mathematically impossible as we're only 2 months into the season, so Levy will not sack him if only based on that.

Why because you say so? I don't think we will get top 4 but clearly it's not mathematically impossible as we're only 2 months into the season, so Levy will not sack him if only based on that.

Why? Because you asked me

I haven’t said based only on not top 4.

I said based on the seven reasons I gave you

I am getting really worried, we struggle to beat 10 man sothampton, we are humilated at brighton and made watford who are in poor form look good, i fear we are closer to the championship than the champions league, a super stadium half full in the second tier was not the plan, the thought of it is worrying.

Why? Because you asked me

I haven’t said based only on not top 4.

I said based on the seven reasons I gave you
But you said "He has achieved the top 4 target which is why I’ve never claimed his appointment was wrong and that Levy should go with him. "

Now you want him sacked for other reasons and not because he hasn't achieved the target.

I am getting really worried, we struggle to beat 10 man sothampton, we are humilated at brighton and made watford who are in poor form look good, i fear we are closer to the championship than the champions league, a super stadium half full in the second tier was not the plan, the thought of it is worrying.
And we still have
Liverpool x2
Chelsea x2
West ham x2
Woolwich
Man city
Burnley away
Wolves away
All to play but we have supporters saying it is only 2 months into the season. How many wins are coming from those fixtures with the form we have been in all year and a manager who has clearly lost the dressing and is looking absolutely clueless

And we still have
Liverpool x2
Chelsea x2
West ham x2
Woolwich
Man city
Burnley away
Wolves away
All to play but we have supporters saying it is only 2 months into the season. How many wins are coming from those fixtures with the form we have been in all year and a manager who has clearly lost the dressing and is looking absolutely clueless
Now come on, we've got a good, fighting chance of grafting out a 1-1 at Burnley.

This season has been terrible so far. But we're 7th, albeit on the same points as 10th. Not relegation form is it? It's mid table form. It's depressing and feels like a massive come down. But talks of relegation are a tad dramatic.

We have 22 points from the last 20 games, so yeah it is relegation form.

You would expect Levy to use some basic powers of foresight when he makes decisions. Were United right to keep Moyes in charge until it was mathematically impossible to finish top 4? Or should they have sacked him long before then and tried to save the season?

Let’s say we need 70 points for top 4. We have 12 from 9 games so we need at least another 58 from the remaining 29 games, which is roughly 19 wins, maybe a couple less if we draw a few. When you consider that we haven’t won an away game since January, I’d say it’s impossible for us to reach that target. Every aspect of the team is a mile off where it needs to be, the players are bored and tired just like the manager and everyone can see it. A new manager with genuine excitement to manage Tottenham could easily light a fire under our squad again. What do we have to lose at this point? The money it would take to sack Poch is less than we’d lose out on by fishing 10th.

Real lost again yesterday and if United sack Ole this week, I think we will see some movement. Levy is waiting as long as he can for someone to buy out Poch’s contract.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom