Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I’ve been a Spurs supporter for 25 years. Poch has been the most successful manager at this club in that time by quite a margin. He has broken records, he got us playing attractive football, he’s broken us into the “top 6” and he’s got us closer to winning a trophy than anyone in years and it’s been consistent. The two League Cups we won were out of the blue and while fantastic, didn’t mean anything to the success of the club. The

Performances in the decade or so before Pochettino took over.

2005/06 - 5th
2006/07 - 5th
2007/08 - 11th & League Cup Winners
2008/09 - 8th
2009/10 - 4th
2010/11 - 5th
2011/12 - 4th
2012/13 - 5th
2013/14 - 6th

I'm still Poch In, just about. But, I'm puzzled by his bizarre statements to the media, his tactless press conferences, some of his tactics and apparent unwillingness to make vital subs.

I also think power from on high has played a big role in our form. It's been obvious for about 18 months the team was coming to the end of its cycle and needed major restructuring. I admire much about the running of our club, Levy has played a smart game with the stadium but on the pitch the chickens have well and truly come home to roost this season. So, although Poch ain't doing great right now and his stupid comments undermine morale, Levy too has questions to answer. We've regressed whilst some of our rivals have blitzed ahead, and it's sad to watch.

I love MP and I'm grateful for what he's done for us over the past five years. I would love to see him given a chance to clean out the tossers/deadwood and have a crack at building a new team. Trouble is, it will mean shifting at least 6-7 senior players at once, which is almost impossible in the current climate. Player power and fevered egos could put paid to this strategy. I also wonder whether Poch's heart is still in it - he looks tired and bored to me. If it's the case he's had enough then it's best for all parties he moves on. If he genuinely wants to rebuild I think he's got enough credit in the bank to be given a go. Realistically, I feel it's coming to the end of the cycle and the likely outcome is he walks at the end of the season, which could be good for all parties. An issue with sacking MP right now is his giant contract, which will force a massive payout (egg on the face for the 'shrewd' club). We're between a rock and a hard place here, and there's no way to quickly and easily resolve this situation - but, moreover, I can't see a quick enough player turnover to save MP.

Also, some of our players - who the fans have cheered for years - need to have a good look in the mirror.

Hopefully Utd will do us a favour and take Poch off us. Problem is Levy will probably demand a 60 mill fee and that will kill the deal and we will be stuck with Poch and Utd will then go for Allegri.

Amazed that so many people in the media are wise after the event. It shows how little they actually pay attention to the political and footballing dynamics of the game. This was a problem from almost three years ago....the last season at the old White Hart Lane stadium. Spurs had their best season and their best team for 50 years and at the end of that season Levy and the English National Investment Company reacted to this by...selling their right back for 50 million to a rival that was struggling in that position. They replaced him with a 30 million Aurier. The remaining 20 million where did that go? Everyone should have joined us in highlighting them by exposing their real intentions - to use the football club as an asset in a business portfolio including building a new stadium without putting in a penny of ENIC's considerable wealth and making fans and the team pay for the pleasure. When they sell their portfolio asset, not a penny will go to the people who actually paid for it.
Ever since, it has been a typical marketing propaganda campaign to con fans to think that ENIC wants the same thing for the club as they do so that it can keep extracting wealth by stealth. Until "football fans" wake up to the con that is business ontology, they will always be taken for a ride in modern football, unless their team is owned by a sovereign oil state to whom money is literally confetti and football is basically an exercise in sports washing. Portfolio stadiums don't win trophies top players do. Hosting NFL matches is more important than winning trophies for them so don't expect them to win a trophy. And now the players (and Poch) realize the con they play like empty ghosts. Just amazed fans are swallowing this stuff. All that remains of my club are the colours - the rest is an ENIC expression.
One trophy in 19 years of ENIC ownership, and its reaction to the 16/17 brilliant team we had should show us all what the real intentions are and expect nothing more than what has happened. Until we free our club from these forces we will always live a fans life of disappointment.

Hopefully Utd will do us a favour and take Poch off us. Problem is Levy will probably demand a 60 mill fee and that will kill the deal and we will be stuck with Poch and Utd will then go for Allegri.

I think Levy would claw their face off if they would pay to take Poch off of his hands.

Agree with most of the above, problem is though, the players, even the non 'rebel' ones have stopped playing for him. When that happens, what choice is there?
What happens, happens but I still think there’s a few very good and willing players in this squad. Son and Winks have played with a lot of heart. Same with Sissoko for the most part. Ali has been disappointing but he got himself about quite a bit today and his goal was more just sure will. The team is a mixture of rebels, non- rebels and 50/50s. You just need to get rid of the rebels for the 50/50s to start playing with passion again. I would classify Eriksen, Rose and Vert as the rebels. Alderweireld less so as I still maintain that he seems to just get on with it but he’ll almost certainly be gone by next year which is think will be a good thing

You're almost as stubborn as he is!
So what's your solution beyond PochOut? Who will get a tune out of these players? Who is available? What's the plan? Beyond adding to the toxicity that already exists by joining the horde what is the solution?

Amazed that so many people in the media are wise after the event. It shows how little they actually pay attention to the political and footballing dynamics of the game. This was a problem from almost three years ago....the last season at the old White Hart Lane stadium. Spurs had their best season and their best team for 50 years and at the end of that season Levy and the English National Investment Company reacted to this by...selling their right back for 50 million to a rival that was struggling in that position. They replaced him with a 30 million Aurier. The remaining 20 million where did that go? Everyone should have joined us in highlighting them by exposing their real intentions - to use the football club as an asset in a business portfolio including building a new stadium without putting in a penny of ENIC's considerable wealth and making fans and the team pay for the pleasure. When they sell their portfolio asset, not a penny will go to the people who actually paid for it.
Ever since, it has been a typical marketing propaganda campaign to con fans to think that ENIC wants the same thing for the club as they do so that it can keep extracting wealth by stealth. Until "football fans" wake up to the con that is business ontology, they will always be taken for a ride in modern football, unless their team is owned by a sovereign oil state to whom money is literally confetti and football is basically an exercise in sports washing. Portfolio stadiums don't win trophies top players do. Hosting NFL matches is more important than winning trophies for them so don't expect them to win a trophy. And now the players (and Poch) realize the con they play like empty ghosts. Just amazed fans are swallowing this stuff. All that remains of my club are the colours - the rest is an ENIC expression.
One trophy in 19 years of ENIC ownership, and its reaction to the 16/17 brilliant team we had should show us all what the real intentions are and expect nothing more than what has happened. Until we free our club from these forces we will always live a fans life of disappointment.
Great post.
I notice your'e a newbie.
There's another poll running you may be interested in?

Whether it’s Levys fault or not only an idiot thinks Poch should stay at this point
Do I notice a minor shift in your stance, with this post?

Happy birthday, by the way

6a00e5527958af88330111683c5d23970c-pi

Back
Top Bottom