Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
This is just last season without the CL run mate.
You think this is the best manager since Burkinshaw? Not any more.

This is Steve Mclaren. If you want Poch to stay because he was good once, you might as well be demanding we build our midfield around Wanyama.
Same crap logic.
Keep setting them up and knocking them down Sammy. As we both know the bolded parts are things I indeed did not say. Those are the strawmen conveniently situated, by you, to be pummeled with little intellectual effort. Indeed it would be "crap logic" to hold those views.

How would you feel if I said the problem was actually making transfers this summer? The way I see it is that we made no transfers last summer (our 3 window inertia... Airfixx Airfixx ) --> CL final. We made transfers this summer --> relegation form. The solution is no more transfers to unsettle the squad of truly WC players, no?

Just joshin ya Sammy.

Last edited:
That tells me we came within one place of top 4 four times, finished in the top 4 twice, and won a trophy with massively inferior squads and three inferior managers.

Poch has basically taken us from 5th to 4th in the big picture.
It’s starting to look increasingly like the players carried him when we came 2nd and 3rd.

All those 85th-93rd minute winners don’t look so heroic now. Just looks like luck.
full

I want wining football. Allegri delivers that. As for not coming to England, I think £££ can change that.
Well, can't argue with that. And Allegri is dignified and 'malleable' from DL's perspective. I'm not keen but you've made your points well.

Again blame Levy for not making us a legit contender

But I blame Poch for our current form.

Newcastle, Bayern, Brighton, Colchester, Watford.

Yikes

tenor.gif

Off to a holloween party see u guys in hell

Doesn't celebrating Halloween this early pretty much classify you as a heathen and thus resign you to eternal hell anyway?

....Save me a comfy seat not too close to the fire, fella. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Keep setting them up and knocking them down Sammy. As we both know the bolded parts are things I indeed did not say. Those are the strawmen conveniently situated by you to be pummeled with little intellectual effort. Indeed it would be "crap logic" to hold those views.

How would you feel if I said the problem was actually making transfers this summer? The way I see it is that we made no transfers last summer (our 3 window inertia... Airfixx Airfixx ) --> CL final. We made transfers this summer --> relegation form. The solution is no more transfers to unsettle the squad of truly WC players, no?

Just joshin ya Sammy.

Much like fuckers that can't count, new cunts were always gonna rock the boat....

Who would be your choice?
I'm not sure I've to make a choice. I am not the one out here baying for blood with no succession plan in place. Don't try your lame attempt to turn the onus onto me fucknut. You answer the goddamn question or stop adding to the toxicity when you know and have criticized many of the players for their very clear deficits. Were I asked to make a choice I would prefer a well thought out choice/plan and not the 'shoot first, ask questions later'.

Most of this stuff is entitled BS borne from the good work that Poch has done. But a manager is not the first item up for me. That would be a DOF to prevent the xfer/squad nonsense we've seen...and that's not the 'Sammy-windows' I'm talking about. It's the guaranteed starter BS that allows these shitbags to not give their all, run down their contracts without repercussions, or to keep receiving millstone contracts. It was folly to believe our cubs wouldn't grow up to become just as bad as Adebayor without environmental pressures. Now they've turned on their leader and bitten the hand that's fed them.

An example: Danny Rose was allowed to leave this summer but Watford wasn't good enough. What pressure did Danny have to find a place when the alternative was starting at Spurs anyway? What pressure did CE have in the last 5 years to learn to actually make a tackle? What pressure did anyone have on their position/minutes?

Whose at fault for this? This is where I'd start and not some mindless, knee-jerking manager out BS. Any new manager would still be saddled with players that you have identified as 'not good enough'. And that's from someone that you know first hand has identified Poch's issues years before most of these current #PochOut folks decided to get their blood up. This was not the painful rebuild that was needed.

Amazed that so many people in the media are wise after the event. It shows how little they actually pay attention to the political and footballing dynamics of the game. This was a problem from almost three years ago....the last season at the old White Hart Lane stadium. Spurs had their best season and their best team for 50 years and at the end of that season Levy and the English National Investment Company reacted to this by...selling their right back for 50 million to a rival that was struggling in that position. They replaced him with a 30 million Aurier. The remaining 20 million where did that go? Everyone should have joined us in highlighting them by exposing their real intentions - to use the football club as an asset in a business portfolio including building a new stadium without putting in a penny of ENIC's considerable wealth and making fans and the team pay for the pleasure. When they sell their portfolio asset, not a penny will go to the people who actually paid for it.
Ever since, it has been a typical marketing propaganda campaign to con fans to think that ENIC wants the same thing for the club as they do so that it can keep extracting wealth by stealth. Until "football fans" wake up to the con that is business ontology, they will always be taken for a ride in modern football, unless their team is owned by a sovereign oil state to whom money is literally confetti and football is basically an exercise in sports washing. Portfolio stadiums don't win trophies top players do. Hosting NFL matches is more important than winning trophies for them so don't expect them to win a trophy. And now the players (and Poch) realize the con they play like empty ghosts. Just amazed fans are swallowing this stuff. All that remains of my club are the colours - the rest is an ENIC expression.
One trophy in 19 years of ENIC ownership, and its reaction to the 16/17 brilliant team we had should show us all what the real intentions are and expect nothing more than what has happened. Until we free our club from these forces we will always live a fans life of disappointment.
World class post.

For my part, I prefer the commercial approach that brings us relative stability. I prefer it to the madness of Leeds Utd or the false glory of Man City or Chelsea. Where the balance sheet is all important, so is Premier League football and frequent CL qualification. Poch could have achieved greatness within the constraints of the ENIC model, but he didn't. He came close, and I think you're right when you say the realisation of ENIC's true priorities has rendered them a team of ghosts, but I can't imagine a better alternative.

Where can we go from here?

if he stays we are in a relegation battle, we are in relegation form and we couldn't beat the worst team in the division at home.
We will ship 5+ next weekend.

He has to go, Now

Not saying I agree, but what's the point in not leaving him in place to take the hit against Liverpool if we're gonna get crucified (as many assume)?

I tell ya what, if we did sack him and got a significant 'new manager' bounce against the allegedly unstoppable Liverpool it'd speak appallingly about the character of our much of our squad... Regardless of result, I'd feel disgusted tbh.

Today Pochettino lost all his credit, used it up.
The treading water is pointless, his team selection playing 5 at the back at home against fucking Watford and yet conceding after 5 mins. What the fuck was he thinking!

Not saying I agree, but what's the point in not leaving him in place to take the hit against Liverpool if we're gonna get crucified (as many assume)?

I tell ya what, if we did sack him and got a significant 'new manager' bounce against the allegedly unstoppable Liverpool it'd speak appallingly about the character of our much of our squad... Regardless of result, I'd feel disgusted tbh.

I think shipping 5+ would hurt confidence a lot more than getting a bit of new manager bounce and maybe only losing by the odd goal or two.

I'm already disgusted and by the character of this squad, and the fact half of them are going through the motions and picking up wages

World class post.

For my part, I prefer the commercial approach that brings us relative stability. I prefer it to the madness of Leeds Utd or the false glory of Man City or Chelsea. Where the balance sheet is all important, so is Premier League football and frequent CL qualification. Poch could have achieved greatness within the constraints of the ENIC model, but he didn't. He came close, and I think you're right when you say the realisation of ENIC's true priorities has rendered them a team of ghosts, but I can't imagine a better alternative.

Where can we go from here?
Unfortunately it was just a fun story. Walker was sold because he had issues with Poch. Levy has actually done quite well in keeping all assets that were wanted. At least give him that.

We have 2 shots on target, at home, against a team who are 20th, before scoring a last-minute winner, in a game we should have lost. And the "outs" only goes up by 1-2%.

Some of you are seriously delusional if you think this is going to change. Welcome to the new Tottenham, where we finish outside of the top 6.

I think shipping 5+ would hurt confidence a lot more than getting a bit of new manager bounce and maybe only losing by the odd goal or two.

I'm already disgusted and by the character of this squad, and the fact half of them are going through the motions and picking up wages

I don't follow your logic....

If we're counting on a new manager bounce why not reap it against a lesser team and kick things off with a win?

You may feel shit now, but will you honestly feel any better after a loss to Liverpool? ...We weren't as shit today as we were against Brighton; but I suspect you're no happier in the grand scheme of things because of the performance?

Back
Top Bottom