Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Some people say let's bring in a new manager then we'll see what Levy's ambition is.

ONE league cup in NINETEEN years, that tells it's own story. The era where we could have won trophies is over.

The players have failed.

Poch has failed

Levy and ENIC have failed.

Get in a new manager, might have a little spike before he realises he can't make copper into gold, gets sacked and the circle continues.

We are a successful business, with a good training ground and a good stadium. We won't go bankrupt but we won't win the league or even be a cup side like we were in the past.
It’s hilarious that people claim ENIC have no ambition and their target is top 4. Sounds like they achieved that.
You’re last paragraph states ENICs job. That’s not failure.

Pochs job is to beat the likes of Watford,Brighton,Newcastle and Colchester.

Or did we need to sign Zaha last season to win those games this season.

It’s hilarious that people claim ENIC have no ambition and their target is top 4. Sounds like they achieved that.
You’re last paragraph states ENICs job. That’s not failure.

Pochs job is to beat the likes of Watford,Brighton,Newcastle and Colchester.
Ah I get you.

I will revise my earlier statement.

Poch hasn't failed, neither have the players because they got top 4 last season and this season hasn't been concluded yet.

Ah I get you.

I will revise my earlier statement.

Poch hasn't failed, neither have the players because they got top 4 last season and this season hasn't been concluded yet.
But is failing massively in the PL and has been for ten months.

The season hasn’t concluded but should he stay there will be no CL or EL next season, and no trophies.

I think you know that. Who’s fault it is is irrelevant. He needs to leave this club before we play Liverpool unless 10-0 is something we want to experience.

The season hasn’t concluded but should he stay there will be no CL or EL next season, and no trophies.

I think you know that. Who’s fault it is is irrelevant. He needs to leave this club before we play Liverpool unless 10-0 is something we want to experience.
You said the target 4 ENIC was top 4, you didn't mention anything about trophies. So he achieved the top 4 targets then and like I said this season isn't over.

I tend to agree, usually an optimistic sort but the rot set in last season. We have already lost games to Newcastle, Brighton and failed to beat a winless bottom of the table side at home, that's not top 4 or Europa but relegation form. If things stay as we are we will get a thumping next week and our downward spiral will continue

I didn't watch the game yesterday but I've seen the highlights and seen pochs interview.

I'm seriously worried and upset about it. He keeps picking the same under performing players and his statements get more and more odd.

It feels like his had enough. I hope I'm wrong , no I pray I'm wrong but I struggle to see what his trying to achieve at the moment.

I mean you could argue and you would have a fine point that Jan , Toby and even Rose deserve loyalty but what the fuck has aurier done to deserve being picked over and over again? It's all so strange , winks and sissoko doesn't work, never has, dier was well dire against Brighton so I understand that decision, wanyama is finished too but why not give skipp a chance ? I'd like to see him get one as our midfield has been shit for a while now.

I'm going on but the point is poch made his name giving youngsters a chance, playing kids who loved the club and were hungry. Now his not and were a team full of players who don't want to be here and when we're playing as badly as we are it really shows.

I get it. Poch has an 8 million pound a year job on the line so it's easy for me to say drop the established experienced internationals and play teenagers but in reality if my neck was on the line I probably wouldn't do that because once he drops them there is probably no way back .

So we're stuck. We have a tired manager who has run out of ideas with his current squad but dare not risk dropping the core of the side that has brought so much to him. He also can't walk away because nobody is going to throw away 30 million quid. And save the if he had any morals bollocks . It's a loads of money and the real world not football manager. Nobody is walking away from that contract.

I don't know what the answer is now. I do know that if you're defending levy to the hilt whilst lambasting poch you're wrong as he should play just as big a part in all this.

2 years ago poch was asking for a rebuild. He called this. It's not football manager , you can't simply look at players on paper and think thats it they should perform. When you have people who want new jobs , people who have grown too familiar with their boss it does effect performance. Remember probably the best manager of all time Alex Ferguson would often kick huge players out the club, he would also get new assistants on a regular basis. I'm not sure that latter is an option and that's on Poch but the former is on levy.

We need a DOF, desperately. We can't unload players and struggle to close deals, it has been a constant issue and it's no longer acceptable for a billion pound business to continue to ignore such an obvious failing. Poch doesn't want one I hear you say. Well I'd imagine poch doesn't want someone coming in and telling him who he is signing rather than getting people on he wants and I understand that. We need a liaison between the football and the business. We need someone to take control of transfers and get these deals done. If you want to have a go at poch then you should be equally angry at levy when we have 3 of our best players out of contract this summer. That's a total failure.

If poch goes we should absolutely be bringing in a dof before any manager and If his staying then we should be working with him to bring one in who he would be happy to work with.

I think his going though. Solsjaer will probably get the sack this week and I think they will come in for him and he will want to go.

No fucking clue who comes in though.

Last edited:
Why does anybody want to watch this if it’s not on.

I have the channel and I’m pretty gutted about it

:defoe:
1am game here. Never miss the 12am-1am-2am timeslots unless there's work the next day.
Didn't watch this morning. Saw score, was not surprised, even less so that we went behind and were lucky to draw.

Legit bricking it about Red Star now, and not because they're crazy fuckers that'll kill you guys in the stands.
I think on form we're underdogs to win. Hard to fathom given we're from England and they're from Serbia but here we are.

Anything less than 2 victories out of Belgrade and the Dippers and he needs to go ASAP.
Even then I think it's too late and we can't fix what's happened here.

You said the target 4 ENIC was top 4, you didn't mention anything about trophies. So he achieved the top 4 targets then and like I said this season isn't over.
Dont argue to sammy. This stupid donkey is a hypocrite of the highest order. When it comes to Poch, he will whine about no trophies. When it comes to levy, 20 years of no trophies is fine. And do you know why? Because Poch sold the love of his life Trippier. Go back before we sold Trippier, and you wont find any of this shit he spouts out every day.

All his whining is because of his love for Trippier and Levy. Both midgets. He just loves midgets.

I said it after Bayern and then Colchester again. No manager has ever recovered a team to improve or even get back to the team of old after taking such a big dip in form. Whole 2019 been dogshit.

I cannot defend poch when he does things like sub Sanchez of the three cbs when the other two have been poor and want out. We should be dropping toby and jan and making Sanchez our priority CB
Hes young and has been in defense for the most successful period weve had in the premier league. He has massive experience now for a young man. Sometimes giving players responsibility brings out the best in them. Im sure hes sitting there thinking what have i got to do to become first choice.

Its thinga like this making me question shit with Poch.

Something really bad has happened as spurs i dont think any of us are seeing.
Were all wondering why Toby, Jan, Eriksen and Rose want out and Trippier happy to leave, maybe the issue actually is Poch? Hes been sulking for such a long time now maybe a lot of us just cant get over the Poch era is over, he cannot take us any further than he has.
Perhaps it just needs a new quality manager to come in who sees something different, either that or we put all faith in Poch that he can return us to our former glory weve grown used to seeing

Champs league final hasnt helped. Weve got worse over the summer. International breaks done nothing for us, i think unless those players rediscover something special im the next match, poch needs to go.

He has achieved the top 4 target which is why I’ve never claimed his appointment was wrong and that Levy should go with him.

Ive never said Poch should be sacked before this season, despite the shit football since January because we made a great effort on the CL and still made 4th.

But now, we will 100% not make target this season with Poch in charge.

I think some of you struggle with the concept of regression.
You think that because it was good once, then that means it’s good now and anyone saying Poch should go must have thought the same five years ago.

He WAS the right man for the job.
NOW he is not.

Simple as that.

Last edited:
Dont argue to sammy. This stupid donkey is a hypocrite of the highest order. When it comes to Poch, he will whine about no trophies. When it comes to levy, 20 years of no trophies is fine. And do you know why? Because Poch sold the love of his life Trippier. Go back before we sold Trippier, and you wont find any of this shit he spouts out every day.

All his whining is because of his love for Trippier and Levy. Both midgets. He just loves midgets.

Levy didn’t play Son at LB in a semi final though

If there was any degree of understanding what direction Pochettino was seeking to take us now, it would help.

It's only October and I am nearly looking forward to next season already

Last edited:
Toby, Jan, Rose,Aurier and Eriksen should all be rotting in the reserves as they all want out.
None of them should play again, just tear the band aid off.
Get Foyth and Sanchez playing regularly together if they are the future CB's.
when Sessegnon is fit get him in,until then play Davies.
Let's start building for the future and write off top 4 this season, hopefully Europa as well as its a distraction, we just need a steady top 10 and arrest this slump.
stop tinkering with the team, pick the players that want to be here and stick with them, think you'll need to buy a right back in January and another CB.
Get the disrupting characters out of the club house on gardening leave and let's see who comes in for the ungrateful cunts in Jan and next summer.
He won't do any of this though, he lacks vision to change it and we can expect more of the same

This season has been terrible so far. But we're 7th, albeit on the same points as 10th. Not relegation form is it? It's mid table form. It's depressing and feels like a massive come down. But talks of relegation are a tad dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom