Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
This season has been terrible so far. But we're 7th, albeit on the same points as 10th. Not relegation form is it? It's mid table form. It's depressing and feels like a massive come down. But talks of relegation are a tad dramatic.
At the moment. A hammering by the dippers and a loss to Everton and the table will not look good.

I said before the Watford game and the same for Brighton, that we are at rock bottom in terms of confidence.

That means no game is easy and without any player providing inspiration, it's a long way back.

Pochettino may not entirely have lost the dressing room but he is losing some of the fans.

It will reach tipping point very soon st this rate.

I said before the Watford game and the same for Brighton, that we are at rock bottom in terms of confidence.

That means no game is easy and without any player providing inspiration, it's a long way back.

Pochettino may not entirely have lost the dressing room but he is losing some of the fans.

It will reach tipping point very soon st this rate.

But you said "He has achieved the top 4 target which is why I’ve never claimed his appointment was wrong and that Levy should go with him. "

Now you want him sacked for other reasons and not because he hasn't achieved the target.
So what?
I gave you seven reasons I want him sacked.
The prognosis for not making top 4 this season is one of them.

We have 22 points from the last 20 games, so yeah it is relegation form.

You would expect Levy to use some basic powers of foresight when he makes decisions. Were United right to keep Moyes in charge until it was mathematically impossible to finish top 4? Or should they have sacked him long before then and tried to save the season?

Let’s say we need 70 points for top 4. We have 12 from 9 games so we need at least another 58 from the remaining 29 games, which is roughly 19 wins, maybe a couple less if we draw a few. When you consider that we haven’t won an away game since January, I’d say it’s impossible for us to reach that target. Every aspect of the team is a mile off where it needs to be, the players are bored and tired just like the manager and everyone can see it. A new manager with genuine excitement to manage Tottenham could easily light a fire under our squad again. What do we have to lose at this point? The money it would take to sack Poch is less than we’d lose out on by fishing 10th.

Real lost again yesterday and if United sack Ole this week, I think we will see some movement. Levy is waiting as long as he can for someone to buy out Poch’s contract.
Any fire would burn out once we get to the transfer window and decides that we need to bolster the squad into to get to the top level. At that point he will bring a old rickety barrel out and tell the coach to scrape the bottom of it.

So no I wouldn't expect basic powers of foresight when it comes to Levy, he's very predictable and has done the same shit for 19 years.

They aren’t invalid at all.

If the target is top 4, and Poch fingers the tea lady against her will, can’t he be sacked?

Because no one said “don’t finger the tea lady”
He can be sacked and arrested for that reason, but he isn't fingering a tea lady, so it's a irrelevant point.
He achieved top 4 last season, we are two months into this season, he won't be sacked based on the reasons you gave.

When you have a problem, weather it’s in your general life or in this case football, being pro active and not burying your head in the sand is truly the only way to take positive steps to fixing the problem.
Let’s not kid ourselves this problem we are in has been going on now since January 2019, not 2 months of this current season...two things helped mask January to June, Harry Kane being out injured and the CL run.

The only positive step I think we can take right now is bringing in a new set of coaching ideas, I mean we can’t sell the club to new owners (that might be something we push long term) and we can’t go out and buy a shit load of players, so manager change is the only option!!

Back
Top Bottom