Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
He can be sacked and arrested for that reason, but he isn't fingering a tea lady, so it's a irrelevant point.
He achieved top 4 last season, we are two months into this season, he won't be sacked based on the reasons you gave.
It’s not an irrelevant point.
It quite simply shows that just because other reasons for his sacking emerge later , they are still valid reasons to sack him.

Not sure if it has been published; but Amazon are currently filming a documentary following our season. They have had a film crew with the squad since pre season and by the sounds of it we are set to be a completely laughing stock; especially given how the results have gone.

The word is that Poch has been described as a 'David Brent' like character and the players don't really take his 'philosophy' seriously. He is heavy into 'positive thinking', 'mental strength' and 'karma' and often makes the players embark on crazy team building exercises that are right out of an episode of the Office.

Crikey. It goes from bad to worse.

It’s not an irrelevant point.
It quite simply shows that just because other reasons for his sacking emerge later , they are still valid reasons to sack him.
They are irrelevant.
ENIC don't care about your reasons.
They don't care about trophies.
They only care about top 4.

And they don’t care about your reasons to want new players.
So it’s irrelevant that you think Poch hasn’t been backed then.
But I know that, it's you that is desperate for him to get sacked, not me.
If it's based on results this season I'm very sure he won't be.

But your views are irrelevant because ENIC don’t care that you think he hasn’t been backed
See how life works
Oh right, I thought Levy and ENIC were hanging on to my every word, thanks for informing me.
ENIC doesn't care what anybody on here thinks, we're just here shooting the shit on the internet.

Bottom line, Poch has achieved top 4 the last 4 seasons, this season hasn't finished yet, realistically he won't be sacked.

Oh right, I thought Levy and ENIC were hanging on to my every word, thanks for informing me.
ENIC doesn't care what anybody on here thinks, we're just here shooting the shit on the internet.

Bottom line, Poch has achieved top 4 the last 4 seasons, this season hasn't finished yet, realistically he won't be sacked.
It’s irrelevant what you think though because ENIC don’t care

giphy.gif

Not sure if it has been published; but Amazon are currently filming a documentary following our season. They have had a film crew with the squad since pre season and by the sounds of it we are set to be a completely laughing stock; especially given how the results have gone.

The word is that Poch has been described as a 'David Brent' like character and the players don't really take his 'philosophy' seriously. He is heavy into 'positive thinking', 'mental strength' and 'karma' and often makes the players embark on crazy team building exercises that are right out of an episode of the Office.

Crikey. It goes from bad to worse.
He prepared them for the CL Final by getting them to walk on hot coals and break arrows with their necks-and it showed on the night.

You got a link for this Brent stuff?

Some things do worry me about Poch's methods. Everyone seems to talk about that Spurs over the last five seasons ran harder and pressed harder than any other team. In short working harder than any other. In a sense that worries me because it suggests that unless we do that, our tactics, our shape, our finishing isn't good enough without out running the rest? So it depends on physicality more than anything else???

What I notice about us (for at least three seasons) is that we work a lot on shape in possession and how to pass out from the goalkeeper to arrive at the final third. Before we worked a lot on pressing and shape without the ball. Those are typically all Poch. BUT, what I don't see is training and synchronicity in the final third, it all looks like it is left for 'off the cuff' play. It wouldn't surprise me considering that Poch was a defender. The number of times that players arrive in the final third, counter attack or are in the opposition box and freeze or show utter lack of synchronicity with their team-mate. When I see Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Woolwich I can see what they have been practicing HOW to attack in the final third. I see Guardiola's and Klopp's careful synchronicity in their patterns in the opposition's box. I don't see what Spurs practice in training in this respect. And these are the reasons I have concluded over the last three seasons. When teams park the bus, it highlights more this lack of tactical coaching.

Secondly, Poch never seems to adjust the team for the opposition's strengths. At such a level that is naivety. All coaches at the highest level must do that. You can't even fail to do that against Watford. You can see this omission when we have possession in the oppo's half and lose the ball, we are so out of position because it is too much about us and shape we we HAVE the ball but not when we lose the ball.

That's how I see it.

World class post.

For my part, I prefer the commercial approach that brings us relative stability. I prefer it to the madness of Leeds Utd or the false glory of Man City or Chelsea. Where the balance sheet is all important, so is Premier League football and frequent CL qualification. Poch could have achieved greatness within the constraints of the ENIC model, but he didn't. He came close, and I think you're right when you say the realisation of ENIC's true priorities has rendered them a team of ghosts, but I can't imagine a better alternative.

Where can we go from here?
I know mate, but the frustration is when people make out as if Levy was securing Spurs long term stability as if we didn't or wouldn't have any without his austerity? All premier league teams have long term security, Leeds was a premier league disaster but it isn't a choice between Leeds or Levy is it, looks at Liverpool. Someone asked sarcastically to my post whether I thought we didn't need a new stadium then?? You know what, I preferred another tier all around the old WHL and go again. WHL could have been a southern Anfield. I don't want an NFL stadium. The football team are merely tenants in the new stadium according to THFC Head of Business Strategy McMally (sic), do we all realize that? What does a tenant do? They pay rent on something that isn't theirs so that the owner can use the money for another investment. Is that what we want to be?

I never gloated to anyone when we were doing well. I just puffed out my chest and was proud.

Match of the day each week if I wanted, papers read from the back with glee and Skysports always a relatively easy watch.

In the last year it's not even back to old Spurs but whatever it is, it"s now become embarrassing.

Blame is as pointless as it is necessary. I just hope the damage is not lasting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom